Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing the dlc to base.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing the dlc to base. Empty Installing the dlc to base.

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 07:08

ok i know this has been probally answered but i can't find the question so i'll ask, but if you have a legal copy of the care game and all the side thingys and you instill the dlc  how do you do it? i can't make heads or tells of the install instructions that came with it. sims 3 install instructions were sooo much simpler Sad

Back to top Go down

Installing the dlc to base. Empty Re: Installing the dlc to base.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Apr 2015, 16:14

hotkillerz wrote:ok i know this has been probally answered but i can't find the question so i'll ask, but if you have a legal copy of the care game and all the side thingys and you instill the dlc  how do you do it? i can't make heads or tells of the install instructions that came with it. sims 3 install instructions were sooo much simpler Sad

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,

Personally, I actually find TS4 in terms of installation and related issues MUCH simpler that TS3. Very Happy  The main problem people are having is with anti-virus and firewall issues. But that's off-topic.

As for your question, you CAN apply cracked expansions and DLC to a legit game. For that, please download our "Get to Work"-expansion from here:
http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Inside the download are install instructions included. But instead of the location that is mentioned in there, you must copy & paste the files from the download, into your ORIGIN install location. And that is - for legit games - C:\Program files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.

But other than that, the included instructions should be clear. Let us know if we should elaborate more on something, but I think it should be pretty much straightforward now. Good luck and have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Apr 2015, 01:16

i've done that hence my other topic i did, which won't let me do anything at all example, save access my charcters and it saying that i have an outdated version

//EDIT

ok so i finally got the dlc installed to my legit base copy and expansion pack and i go in and it saying that i can't access my characters as the copy im playing is outdated. also i can't build anything like walls or apply a cash register at all. help!

edit: the game will also not save at all, this all happened after i installed the dlc from you guys... >.>

//EDIT

*bump*

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Apr 2015, 00:26

hotkillerz wrote:i've done that hence my other topic i did, which won't let me do anything at all example, save access my charcters and it saying that i have an outdated version

//EDIT

ok so i finally got the dlc installed to my legit base copy and expansion pack and i go in and it saying that i can't access my characters as the copy im playing is outdated. also i can't build anything like walls or apply a cash register at all. help!

edit: the game will also not save at all, this all happened after i installed the dlc from you guys... >.>

//EDIT

*bump*

I allowed myself to just copy your messages from the other thread, to this one here - for the future, please stick to ONE thread only. Smile  That said, are you sure your anti-virus isn't messing with the game installation... ? Please see this guide here for a start:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Also, try re-copying the files from the "Get to Work"-expansion, into the base game install location.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2015, 08:42

done all that even did the ultimate mod update only and it still said the same message. its getting to the point would it just be better for me to fresh uninstall the legal base game and dlc and install the game4world copy and stuff?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top