Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINALLY GOT GTW DLC WORKING. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FINALLY GOT GTW DLC WORKING. [SOLVED] Empty FINALLY GOT GTW DLC WORKING. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 09:06

This is my reason and fix, as to why people had problems after they downloaded and copied the Get to Work expansion, yet no new content was added.

Just when I was about to give up, finally have the new expansion pack for ts4 running. I know lots of people have been having this issue 

Just so everyone knows, I do not have the GFTW sims 4 base game version, so for anyone who didn't download this sites version, and downloaded the 3DM, RELOADED or Mr. DJ version, it's okay. It will still work.

Before I downloaded the Get to work expansion crack, the game was working just fine for me and I was able to run it with origin online. But when I copied and pasted all the files, the game updated fine, but I did not see any new careers or new pop ups in the main menu.

Here is the solution.

With this recent crack, you cannot have origin, or any origin related software running period. It will not read the crack files for whatever reason. So if you can't handle this, either wait until they make it available online, or go and buy the game.

1.Close origin. Make sure the icon on the menu bar is not showing origin which is a big orange O.

2.Open up your task manager (crtl, alt delete). Go under "Processes". I'm pretty sure origin, or Raptr or any type of origin program is running. Go to any of those programs and click end task. 

3.Download the latest base game crack files. Copy and paste them into your bin folder 

Get them from a staff member in this post go down to where Carlos posted.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19610-gtw-outdoor-retreat-not-working

4.Just for safe measures, copy and paste all the Get to Work files again.

The game should now work. Hopefully this helps you guys because it helped me. Smile

Back to top Go down

FINALLY GOT GTW DLC WORKING. [SOLVED] Empty Re: FINALLY GOT GTW DLC WORKING. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 18:17

Hello,

Indeed, re-downloadding the crack files can be a very good solution, if you're having problems, as your crack files might have been 'cleaned' by the anti-virus system. 

Good to hear you got it working ! Do you have any other questions for now, or can I close the thread ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

FINALLY GOT GTW DLC WORKING. [SOLVED] Empty Re: FINALLY GOT GTW DLC WORKING. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 22:09

Yeah I guess u can close it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:30

numbna wrote:Yeah I guess u can close it.

Sure, and you're welcome. Feel free to open a new thread anytime ! Problem solved, topic closed. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top