Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED] Empty Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 21:21

Hi

I've been receiving a lot of warning signs so often everytime I play my sims 4. It says "the sims 4 has stop working". At first it didn't bother me much as I tend to save my game often but after installing the sims 4 get to work I notice it gets worse. Sometimes it would re-appear 5 minutes after I restart the game. Would you happen to have a solution for this glitch? 

Thanks again for your hard work Smile

Back to top Go down

Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED]

Post by coolcandy3001 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 21:26

I know it's probably an annoying question, but do you have any mods or CC? in GTW, this happened to me because of out dated script mods.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 21:39

coolcandy3001 wrote:I know it's probably an annoying question, but do you have any mods or CC? in GTW, this happened to me because of out dated script mods.
I actually do have mods but no cc. Do you know where I could get the updated mods then? thanks for your reply Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 21:56

shaaznovriann wrote:
coolcandy3001 wrote:I know it's probably an annoying question, but do you have any mods or CC? in GTW, this happened to me because of out dated script mods.
I actually do have mods but no cc. Do you know where I could get the updated mods then? thanks for your reply Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin
What mods do you have? ModTheSims has them, but the site search never works for me, so if you type the name of the mod you have into google, a link for it will come up and see if the person has put a newer version of the mod up.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 21:58

coolcandy3001 wrote:
shaaznovriann wrote:
What mods do you have? ModTheSims has them, but the site search never works for me, so if you type the name of the mod you have into google, a link for it will come up and see if the person has put a newer version of the mod up.
Will definitely have a look in to it. Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 22:27

Apparently it glitches everytime I try to call for the "buy retail" on the computer. That's when the pop up appears..

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 22:51

shaaznovriann wrote:Apparently it glitches everytime I try to call for the "buy retail" on the computer. That's when the pop up appears..
I've never tried that before, try using your phone, I always buy it on my phone lol.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 10:57

I did try it with my sims's phone and same problem occured... heeellllppp

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:50

shaaznovriann wrote:I did try it with my sims's phone and same problem occured... heeellllppp
Does everything else to do with the GTW expansions work? e.g clothes and careers?
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 20:55

coolcandy3001 wrote:
shaaznovriann wrote:I did try it with my sims's phone and same problem occured... heeellllppp
Does everything else to do with the GTW expansions work? e.g clothes and careers?
i havent tried clothes but building retails lot, and entering the new world works. Ir only stops the moment I tell my sim to buy a retail.

//EDIT

shaaznovriann wrote:
coolcandy3001 wrote:
i havent tried clothes but building retails lot, and entering the new world works. Ir only stops the moment I tell my sim to buy a retail.
I found the solution thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 Apr 2015, 21:40

shaaznovriann wrote:
shaaznovriann wrote:
coolcandy3001 wrote:
I found the solution thanks!
Hi there,

Glad to hear you fixed it!
Do you mind sharing the fix for others who have the same issue?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Game stops responding after a couple of minutes. [SOLVED] Empty Possible Solution (maybe) for game crash

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 22:10

Of course Smile

So what I did was I went to mydocuments/ElectronicArts/ and there I changed 'the sims 4' folder to just 'sims 4'. Then I restarted my game. 
Automatically you'll notice that it's as if you rebooted your game (as if it's your first time playing with tutorials, basically everything is new) and you'll also notice that all of your game is gone, that's completely normal because the moment you launched your game, the sims 4 went and created a new 'the sims 4' folder in your electronic arts folder. 
So what I did was, I quit my game and went back to the 'sims 4' folder (so it's your previous the sims 4 folder that you renamed) and copied all of what's in my saved folder (I would not recommend you to copy paste the folder itself because it might not solve the problem) and I then pasted to my new 'the sims 4' folder to the saved folder.  
Once you restart your game you'll have everything as normal. 

If you receive a cursor or camera control problem like I did, for PC what I did was ctrl+shift+tab that will allow you to set your camera to normal, if you press on the 3 buttons again then it will return to its first state. Try it once then see how your camera control ends up. 
I was completely mind blowned when I figured this out lol Shocked

Hope that helped anyone in need Very Happy have fun playing simmers x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Apr 2015, 17:47

shaaznovriann wrote:Of course Smile

So what I did was I went to mydocuments/ElectronicArts/ and there I changed 'the sims 4' folder to just 'sims 4'. Then I restarted my game. 
Automatically you'll notice that it's as if you rebooted your game (as if it's your first time playing with tutorials, basically everything is new) and you'll also notice that all of your game is gone, that's completely normal because the moment you launched your game, the sims 4 went and created a new 'the sims 4' folder in your electronic arts folder. 
So what I did was, I quit my game and went back to the 'sims 4' folder (so it's your previous the sims 4 folder that you renamed) and copied all of what's in my saved folder (I would not recommend you to copy paste the folder itself because it might not solve the problem) and I then pasted to my new 'the sims 4' folder to the saved folder.  
Once you restart your game you'll have everything as normal. 

If you receive a cursor or camera control problem like I did, for PC what I did was ctrl+shift+tab that will allow you to set your camera to normal, if you press on the 3 buttons again then it will return to its first state. Try it once then see how your camera control ends up. 
I was completely mind blowned when I figured this out lol Shocked

Hope that helped anyone in need Very Happy have fun playing simmers x

Hello,

For the future, you could also try deleting ONLY the file "localtumbcachae.package", which is located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. And see if that helps you already. Other than that, thank you for sharing this possible solution with us. Smile  Have fun with the game, and feel free to get back to us anytime.

Topic closed. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top