Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game stops responding after installing Supernatual and using Ultimate Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game stops responding after installing Supernatual and using Ultimate Fix Empty Game stops responding after installing Supernatual and using Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 15:56

Hello!

I've been using the Ultimate Fix to update my game for about a year now, and I've never ran into any major problems that I couldn't find a solution for, until now. I used the Ultimate Fix to update my game to the newest patch via the manual patch and my game is fully updated. I installed Supernatural and then things got weird. I always start my game using TSW.exe and when I do, it gets to the Supernatural screen and then stops responding and I get a Windows pop up checking for the problem. I have two Nraas mods installed but even without them the game isn't working. I have followed the instructions for installing and still the game stops responding. Please help anyone!

Edit-may have fixed this, but still does anyone know what the problem may be/have been so I know for future reference?

Back to top Go down

Game stops responding after installing Supernatual and using Ultimate Fix Empty Re: Game stops responding after installing Supernatual and using Ultimate Fix

Post by Admin Tue 11 Sep 2012, 16:16

Hello,

What if you back up and then completely remove this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Game stops responding after installing Supernatual and using Ultimate Fix Empty Re: Game stops responding after installing Supernatual and using Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 04:40

So is deleting the EA folder in your documents the fix or, is it something else? Cause I'm having the same problem Dx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 09:54

Do as he said, back up the folder.
REINSTALL.
Completely update the game (use the 1.38 updater in the supernatural download to save time. It's in /support/updates/)
Install all EP/SP.
Then, backup your ts3w.exe and tslhost.dll files from your /the sims 3/game/bin/ folder, and replace them with the ones in the #crack/ folder from the ultimate fix.
YOU ARE DONE!

When a new update comes out, replace the cracked exe and dll files with the originals, update it, and use the new crack that will be up. got it?
If you update with a crack installed, it WILL give you errors, and you wont be able to play until you run the update with the original, uncracked files in place.

I KNOW THIS WORKS! I had the same issue as you did SEVERAL TIMES. I found that the "cracks" for each EP and SP are unnecessary, and just waste time and cause update issues later down the line. The ONLY files you will ever need when you crack the Sims 3 are ts3w.exe and tslhost.dll. I hope this helps! Very Happy

NOTE: you CAN install any EP or SP with the game cracked. You do NOT, EVER, have to put anything into any of your EP or SP install folders. They will install just fine, whether your game is cracked or not. I have installed every single EP and almost all of the SPs, and I have yet to have an issue with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:33

Okay so I did all that and it still crashes on the supernatural loading screen. Whenever I just delete the electronic arts folder and start up it loads fine but all my saved games and mods/custom content is gone. And I hate playing without them what should I do?
What do you think is the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:46

Hello,

Go into the backed up folder and put back the "Saves" folder to: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 02:53

So I'm guessing all mods are screwed or?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 14 Sep 2012, 03:02

plaidshirtsandcomicbooks wrote:So I'm guessing all mods are screwed or?

Main reason to backup+move the mods from the EA folder is to check if they are causing the problem with the game, if you remove them and it works, slowly start adding stuff back in, until you find what the the problem mod is, then either check for a update on it, or leave it out.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 04:58

Thanks guys. I found out it's most of my NRAAS mods were making the game crash. This sucks cause I basically can't survive without those mods. But your advice helped none the less! Thanks broskis.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Fri 14 Sep 2012, 05:28

plaidshirtsandcomicbooks wrote:Thanks guys. I found out it's most of my NRAAS mods were making the game crash. This sucks cause I basically can't survive without those mods. But your advice helped none the less! Thanks broskis.

Did you check for if your mods had a update for 1.38?
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 06:01

They do but they still make the loading screen crash when I reinstall the updated versions.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:27

leviathan1993 wrote:Do as he said, back up the folder.
REINSTALL.
Completely update the game (use the 1.38 updater in the supernatural download to save time. It's in /support/updates/)
Install all EP/SP.
Then, backup your ts3w.exe and tslhost.dll files from your /the sims 3/game/bin/ folder, and replace them with the ones in the #crack/ folder from the ultimate fix.
YOU ARE DONE!

It's unnecessary to back up those files, as they are included in the fix.

When a new update comes out, replace the cracked exe and dll files with the originals, update it, and use the new crack that will be up. got it?
If you update with a crack installed, it WILL give you errors, and you wont be able to play until you run the update with the original, uncracked files in place.

Not true, as long as you use the manual patch. The smaller patch will not even start to install with the crack in place.

I KNOW THIS WORKS! I had the same issue as you did SEVERAL TIMES. I found that the "cracks" for each EP and SP are unnecessary, and just waste time and cause update issues later down the line. The ONLY files you will ever need when you crack the Sims 3 are ts3w.exe and tslhost.dll. I hope this helps! Very Happy

They don't, since they're no crack but original files included in the fix to overwrite any cracks you may have used in the past, to prevent issues with updating through the launcher.

NOTE: you CAN install any EP or SP with the game cracked. You do NOT, EVER, have to put anything into any of your EP or SP install folders. They will install just fine, whether your game is cracked or not. I have installed every single EP and almost all of the SPs, and I have yet to have an issue with them.

My comments in purple.

plaidshirtsandcomicbooks wrote:They do but they still make the loading screen crash when I reinstall the updated versions.

Hello,

Did you get them here? Do you have any other mods that could be conflicting with Nraas mods? I have a bunch of these myself that don't cause problems at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 15:17

Lady ElDi wrote:
leviathan1993 wrote:Do as he said, back up the folder.
REINSTALL.
Install all EP/SP.
YOU ARE DONE!

It's unnecessary to back up those files, as they are included in the fix.

Not true, as long as you use the manual patch. The smaller patch will not even start to install with the crack in place.

They don't, since they're no crack but original files included in the fix to overwrite any cracks you may have used in the past, to prevent issues with updating through the launcher.

My comments in purple.

plaidshirtsandcomicbooks wrote:They do but they still make the loading screen crash when I reinstall the updated versions.

Hello,

Did you get them here? Do you have any other mods that could be conflicting with Nraas mods? I have a bunch of these myself that don't cause problems at all.

Hello Lady ElDi,

I didn't know that the stuff in the other folders were original files. The tutorials that I found the link to the Ultimate Fix in said they were files that you put into the expansion pack install folders, and that they were necessary for the crack to work. It seems they lied to me about the entire reason for them being included. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 20:25

Hello,

That's why it's always best to come straight to the source Very Happy
We're the only one with the up-to-date fix, and the right information.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 21:14

Hello,

Did you get them here ? Do you have any other mods that could be conflicting with Nraas mods? I have a bunch of these myself that don't cause problems at all.

I did get it from there. I don't think you can get Twallan mods anywhere else... I do have other mods but they've never conflicted with NRAAS before. Plus I've tried starting the game and only having my NRAAS mods in the folder and that's when I realized it was making my game crash on the loading screen. The only NRAAS mod that works with my game right now is the decensor one.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 14 Sep 2012, 21:54

Hello,

There are some questionable Chinese websites that also host Nraas mods Wink
I did hear that there were some problems with some of the mods that have been updated again since, so it may be worth checking their website again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2012, 02:03

I've been checking for the past few days. Same problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top