Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3: Pets Installation - "Please insert Disk 1"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3: Pets Installation - "Please insert Disk 1" Empty Sims 3: Pets Installation - "Please insert Disk 1"

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2012, 02:21

Hi everyone!

I've been installing The Sims 3 using the "Must Read: How To Install The Sims 3 Correctly" guide on this site, as well as only using torrents from the directory on this website. So far, so good; by installing the expansions in the right order (Base game, then World Adventures, then HELS, etc) everything seems to be working perfectly. When it was time for Pets, I made note of the fact that there seemed to be an "unfixed" torrent around so I downloaded the one that said "[FIXED]" in the title.

During installation, I get an error that says "Setup needs the next disk: Please insert disk 1 that contains the file Support\Origin\OriginSetup.exe"

I went through some posts, downloaded the official installation fix that comes with the Readme and EA Help folders, and applied them to the Sims 3: Pets' "Support" folder, then attempted to reinstall again. I got the same "Support\Origin\OriginSetup.exe" error. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the official install fix doesn't include this file at all.

I even downloaded the official install fix twice and applied it twice, checking and re-checking to make sure that I was downloading from the correct link and placing the folders into the right directories. I am.

What should I do?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3: Pets Installation - "Please insert Disk 1" Empty Re: Sims 3: Pets Installation - "Please insert Disk 1"

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:29

Hello,

It looks like you didn't extract the file with winRAR. Another program might mess up the files, resulting in this type of error. If you extract it with winRAR, it should install without a hitch.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3: Pets Installation - "Please insert Disk 1" Empty Re: Sims 3: Pets Installation - "Please insert Disk 1"

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2012, 19:28

Actually, I did - I normally use 7zip but after going through forum posts prior to downloading anything I read that not using WinRar could lead to issues, so I got it specifically for this purpose.

I suppose I can play the game without Pets. I hear that it's crash-y anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sun 16 Dec 2012, 20:16

Have you tried to re-extracted?

If you have and it didn't fix it, do you have any other newer expansions downloaded, if so, can extract one of them, and install pets, and at that step point to the other extracted expansion's Support\Origin\OriginSetup.exe and it should be fine, might have to do it a few more times.

Well instead of pointing, could just copy the Support\Origin Folder from the other extracted expansion and put it into the Pets extracted expansion.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2012, 20:23

I did try re-extracting several times to no avail.

What a great idea! I did just finish downloading Seasons. I'll try copying the Support\Origin directory and see if it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Sun 16 Dec 2012, 20:31

Heh, I did it with my extracted copies, removed all the support folder and such, just to try to shrink it down. Tried to install the expansion, and had the warning couldn't find the file, so I grabbed one expansions support folder and put it in all the others, get the warning wrong file found, ignore/retry/cancel, ignore works, and I didn't have a problem with actually playing.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2012, 20:47

And it has installed fine! Thank you so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 17 Dec 2012, 04:03

Your welcomed, if you have any other problems let us know.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top