Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Unable to Launch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Launch Empty The Sims 4 Unable to Launch

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr 2015, 10:54

Hello,

So I recently decided to install The Sims 4 on our PC, as I was enjoying it on my laptop, and found a few problems.

Before I installed the game, I first uninstalled Origin because apparently it was installed on our PC. Afterwards, I installed the base game and then installed Get To Work, but the game wouldn't launch. I wasn't so sure if it was because our PC is old (although it meets the minimum requirements needed for the game to run), or if I did something wrong in the middle of the installation. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.

When I tried launching it again (without Get To Work installed), this error would come up:

Unable to start:

The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update via Origin to play.

[d6f91ffb29f00e76]

I tried looking around the forum for any possible solutions, and I was able to fix it. However, the game still wouldn't launch.

I was thinking it had something to do with the possible remnants of Origin still being in our PC, so I quickly searched how to get rid of Origin completely and followed the steps. I uninstalled the game again and reinstalled.

However, it still wouldn't open. I tried installing Get To Work, hoping that it could fix the problem, but still no luck.

When I try to launch the game, the screen becomes black, as if it were switching to the game, but then it would get back to showing the desktop shortly after.

I'm not sure if I did anything wrong with regards to the installation, because I made sure that all the steps included in the installation guide were followed. I turned off my anti-virus, added the folders to the exceptions list, and so on.

Can anybody help me with this? I badly want TS4 on our PC (because my brother would be using my laptop more frequently from now on for his internship) because it's the only productive thing I do during day.   WhatDidUJustCallMe?

//EDIT:
I've also tried restarting our PC several times, but still no luck. (Hopefully this info might help in some way?)

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Launch Empty Re: The Sims 4 Unable to Launch

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Apr 2015, 18:15

Hello,

Did you have The Sims 4 installed on that computer, BEFORE ? Please navigate to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder "The Sims 4" (which contains your savefiles, mods, and such). Just change the folder's name into anything you like. Re-start the game and see if it works now. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:55

Hi Carlos,

I've never had The Sims 4 installed in the PC before. Anyways, I did as you said, and it finally launched! I actually did the exact same thing to try to get the game to work, but I'm not sure why it only decided to work now. Thanks so much, Carlos!  I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top