Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Empty Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded.

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 05:39

So I had the sims 4 before, but my files were all so messed up. So I decided to just delete everything and start all over again. I downloaded respectively:
-The sims 4
-Get to work
-Get together
-City living
-Toddlers, vampires and bowling
-parenthood
-fitness stuff
-toddlers stuff
-cats and dogs

I moved the files from C: to E: due to low space, and deleted them in C. The game was updating just fine and working, but at the 3 last updates, the game started to show me something along those lines "error to load game: code 3", and it just wouldn't start.

I thought maybe it was because I ran low on Ram memory, so I decided to delete everything, and redo everything from the start again. ;-;

I ran the sims 4 set up again, however this time I forgot to uninstall the current sims 4 I had, and thus uninstalled it from the setup itself ;-;

Now no matter how many times I install the sims 4, it keeps giving me the message "Unable to start: contents of user data directory were created by a newer version and cannot be loaded" T~T

The things I did to try and solve this thing:
-Uninstall the non updated base game from the setup
-deleted all the extracted files
-move places of the base game

But nothing would work, I am so frustrated ;-; I JUST WANNA PLAY THE GAME T~T

Can someone pls tell me to do? I really don't want to redownload everything again ;-;

Thank u T~T

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Empty Re: Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded.

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 09:35

1. "Unable to start: contents of user data directory were created by a newer version and cannot be loaded" error means your current version of the game is lower than the one you had previously played. So you either messed up installation order, replaced "Game" folder with wrong version or played on Origin or ZLO.

2. Those are not all DLCs released. If you downloaded them from games4theworld.org then you need to know G4TW staff doesn't have access to that website and they can't update it. There's "All games4theworld downloads" button at the top of the forum.

If you want to play as soon as possible, update your game using my repack: https://www.games4theworld.club/t33925-the-sims-4-alternative-installer-v2-download-only-what-you-need-even-smaller-than-before You want to update the game, so you'll need 4 files. Just read "What to download" section.

After installing the patch you're ready to play. Just make sure you're selecting the proper installation directory. This will update your game to the latest version without installing DLCs released after Cats & Dogs. But you can always download them later (also from my repack). After installing everything you can switch back to G4TW releases if you prefer those.

Another option is using G4TW releases only, so installing:
Laundry Day Stuff
Jungle Adventure
My First Pet Stuff
Seasons
Get Famous
and the latest update

This would weight 32.7GB compared to mine 7.5GB (3.62GB patch + 3.88GB DLC)

Oh, and never ever delete "The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini" or Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\GameVersion.txt" file unless you want to mess your game up.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Empty Re: Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded.

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 09:41

Oh no, I deleted the gameversion.txt T~T and then started the game, and it opened but now it just loads infinitely ;-;
What should I do now? T-T

I am so sorry I am such a noob at all this ;-;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 09:42

It won't mess anything if you don't save. So it's cool. Just do what I said. Installing my patch should fix everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 10:01

I am sorry what do you mean by "if you don't save"?
I deleted that .txt twice now, before I read your reply, and I have a saved file in my game.

Also, should I uninstall the game then download the patch? And add it to the base game I have? Or delete everything and just download everything from the link you gave? Or keep everything as is and just add the files to the folder I already have?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 10:06

What I mean is if you save the game then that save file is probably corrupted now. Backup all of your saves, you can still recover previous version: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/

Don't uninstall anything! Just install the patch on top of what you already have installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 10:19

Okay, Thank you so much for your time :')

I will do all that, and If I face a problem I will come back xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 12:42

I am back ;-;

I just finished downloading the no-origin-fix.Rar and the patch.xbin

When I tried to open the no origin folder it says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" ;-;

The patch.xbin doesn't open either ;-;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 13:38

I told you to read "what to download" section and that you need 4 files.
anadius wrote:

What to download

Always download _setup-*.exe and helper_tools.rar.

(...)

"I want to just update the game"
Download no-origin-fix-*.rar and patch-*.xbin.

(...)

Note: no-origin-fix-*.rar is a crack from CODEX! Password is "origin-fix". Just in case your anti-virus deletes it and you have to extract it manually.
And right after this:
anadius wrote:

Installation

Just run _setup-*.exe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 13:50

Hii, can someone help me? I download a base game The Sims 4, but I can not use bb.moveobjects on chase, so I download that stuff for update game, but now it doesn't work at all, I can not start the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 14:11

Lovehouse wrote:Hii, can someone help me? I download a base game The Sims 4, but I can not use bb.moveobjects on chase, so I download that stuff for update game, but now it doesn't work at all, I can not start the game
With this little information you posted? No, nobody will help you.

1. Where did you get your base game from? Where did you install it? Did you move it anywhere?

2. What "that stuff for update game"? Are you talking about my repack or G4TW releases? If about my repack - what folder did you select during installation?

3. "I can not start the game" tells nothing. Do you get any error message? Does the game just not launch?

4. Why are you posting here? If you don't get the same error message as author of this thread, create a new one or find one with the same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 14:25

I don't understand English so well I am sorry. I download torrent from your site. Someone from this site help me and tell what I need to do and now is working. Thank you for your reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 15:24

I am so sorry for the late reply, I did download all 4 files anadius. I just didn't know what exactly to click on I guess. I ran the setup now.

Which folder should I install the game in? The game's current path is E:/Electronic arts/The sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 15:26

If that's where your game is installed then install the patch there too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 15:54

OMG IT'S WORKING!! Thank you so so much!!! :")

Just one more question xD, I have already downloaded all games4world sims 4 updates up to cats and dogs, my current game only has till the toddlers, vampires and bowling stuff, if I wanted to update the game, should I just copy and replace the files just like the normal? Or is there's something else I should do now that I have the patch?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 16:05

Extract just the DLC folder - for Cats & Dogs it's "EP04". My patch updated your "Data", "Delta" and "Game" folders to the latest version (1.49.65.1020) so all you need is just folder with the DLC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 03:26

I am back ;-; with a new problem.

So I updated the game with fitness and Toddlers stuff updates, I only copied the DLC folders as told. However, since then, my game became very laggy and would crash like 30 minutes into gameplay.

What can I do to fix this? ;-;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 08:01

I am so so sorry for the late reply, the validator took 3 hours xD
This is what I got:

report:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 12:33

Delete this file: game/bin/rld.dll. How did it even end up there? My installer deletes the "Game" folder to get rid of unnecessary files.

Another thing could be that your PC is just not powerful enough. The more DLCs you have the more resources the game needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 13:13

This error message is often caused when you overwrite your current Sims 4 installation with an earlier DLC.
To be able to play the Sims anyway you can simply remove the file GameVersion from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
At least the game will start and you can see from the icons in the main screen which DLC's are installed or not.
In that same screen you can also see your current version number.
Example: Say you have installed My First Pet after Get Famous. You'll get the error of course as the GameVersion in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 indicates that Get Famous is your last played game.
The file Default.ini in Program Files\The Sims 4\Game\Bin is overwritten by the details of My First Pet so 2 different versions. When you delete the file GameVersion your game is set back to My First Pet.
Often re-installing Get Famous will cure this problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 13:20

If you read that topic you'd know the original problem was already fixed.

And please don't tell people to delete "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\GameVersion.txt" or "The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini". While this makes the game start it may also corrupt your save file and cause some problems later on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 13:58

Okay got it~ Thank you so much anadius~ ❤️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2019, 15:30

anadius wrote:If you read that topic you'd know the original problem was already fixed.

And please don't tell people to delete "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\GameVersion.txt" or "The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini". While this makes the game start it may also corrupt your save file and cause some problems later on.
Suppose you had everything installed incl. the latest patch for 1.49.65.1020

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Game-complete_orig

Now you install My First Pet

The game won't start as you get the error
When you delete GameVersion.txt, at least the game will start and you'll see this

Sims 4 unable to start: Contents of user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. My-first-pet_orig

It's clear that you are missing Seasons and Get Famous and you are back to version 1.41.42.1010.

Re-installing Get Famous + latest patch will solve the problem.

I never adviced to delete Default.ini and I fail to see how the deletion of GameVersion will harm your Saves when you just start the game and don't play/save it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top