Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin issue with Sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin issue with Sims 4 Empty Origin issue with Sims 4

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 21:41

So I have been fighting with the Sims 4 to work for almost a week now, and I'm out of ideas.
I'll start by saying that I have downloaded the base game, DLC, and Ultimate fix from game4theworlds website. I do not even have Origin on my computer at this point. So I have downloaded the base game, then I downloaded Get to Work and followed the instructions to exactly what it said to do. I can open the game, but none of the DLC appears. When I completely close out of Origin, I get the error "Origin needs to be running.." etc. I have tried uninstalling the game several times now, reinstalling it and even adding on the Ultimate Fix and I still get the error. I have gone into my anti virus and made exceptions for practically everything, and even gone as far as closing out of them entirely. I have also made changes to my firewall and windows defender. I checked to make sure the .dll files were still in the folders, and even reinstalled them and copied the new ones into the Bin folder.

I feel like I have tried everything and I have searched every where for answers. I've downloaded the Sims 3 and all DLC several times and never had an issue. I actually download quite a bit off the download site and have never had so many issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Origin issue with Sims 4 Empty Re: Origin issue with Sims 4

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 22:45

I have the exact same problem... I'm out of solutions honestly..Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 08:01

me too. I've been checking the forums for almost a week waiting for a fix or any alternative solutions other than the antivirus/firewall issue. because as far as I know, I've done everything that was recommended. I've even uninstalled a lot of programs, but still no luck. I feel so hopeless  
Foreveralone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2015, 23:58

When I downloaded and installed back to business, everything seems to be fine minus the fact I cannot connect online to see community and online stuff, I click to connect it will sit the then after trying it says it cannot connect. I have origin logged on in the background since its required for being online. I also made sure to have allow to connect online in the setting in the Sims 4. Any suggestion or help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Apr 2015, 18:17

@darkwolf8280

If you have a question, open your own thread. I still have not had any help with my issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 01:51

Not to be rude my issue is also with Origin, I can't seem to connect to the community or online things with in the sims 4 game, I was able to before I installed back to work expansion pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 09:13

Ok, as to the first poster. I also had problems I with the origin error. I did everything to fix, followed instructions to a T and still had no luck.  I believe the issue has something to do with old anti virus software in your computer you may have forgotten about. This is what I did to fix: First, I downloaded CC cleaner Professional and Revo Uninstaller Pro. I looked through all the listed programs to ensure there was no antivirus I hadn't uninstalled. I also did registry and junk file fixes in both programs. After that, I looked in Revo to make sure no hidden virus program were in the start up that were running and  I didn't know about. Now here's where it gets complicated. I meticulously searched through both program files ( program files and program files x86) (I'm on Windows 7) and used Revo to uninstall all the leftover antivirus programs that were not in use, but had been long forgot about (I had a few)  I also went through the c:myname/AppData/Roaming files and deleted leftovers there. I re cleaned with the programs above. I took it one step further and did upgrade repair with my windows disk and afterwards used CC cleaner to wipe the free space. Now mine works perfectly. I found old mcafee ( there during purchase of computer) old Norton, and another anti virus program I wasn't even aware of. Afterwards I did a completely clean install of both Sims 4 and GTW and had no problems. Look at Carlos' guide for to make sure there or no conflicts with windows firewall and to learn how to turn off defender. I had uninstalled origin, so it wasn't even there. I needed to clean my computer anyway, so I didn't mind the work, but it took me a couple of days to do.

Last edited by Iridescent on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 18:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add information)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top