Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin Issue only when installing Get Together

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Issue only when installing Get Together Empty Origin Issue only when installing Get Together

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 10:56

So, when I install the game and get to work, it works fine. However, whenever I try to insert Get Together, I get the classic origin error that I need origin. I guess I could play without Get Together but I really wanted it. I tried installing the ultimate fix too but I still get the error.

Back to top Go down

Origin Issue only when installing Get Together Empty Re: Origin Issue only when installing Get Together

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 11:51

Hello,
Did you also make sure to move your install folder of The Sims 4, out from "Electronic Arts", and directly under C:\Program files (x86) - or alternatively, C:\Program files too ? 
What about the tips here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions
Did you follow this guide to install The Sims 4?

Back to top Go down

Origin Issue only when installing Get Together Empty Re: Origin Issue only when installing Get Together

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 04:32

simmer_tony wrote:Hello,
Did you also make sure to move your install folder of The Sims 4, out from "Electronic Arts", and directly under C:\Program files (x86) - or alternatively, C:\Program files too ? 
What about the tips here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions
Did you follow this guide to install The Sims 4?
Oh no I didn't, I read somewhere I shouldn't change it. Should I just move the folder to C:\Program files or just uninstall completely and reinstall again? I will try that, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 10:08

Firstly, try moving folder to C:\Program files (x86), and if problem still persists, move it to C:\Program files.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jun 2016, 19:49

arcaea wrote:Oh no I didn't, I read somewhere I shouldn't change it. Should I just move the folder to C:\Program files or just uninstall completely and reinstall again? I will try that, thanks.

Hello,

Small tip: the location C:\Program files is slightly better than the C:\Program files (x86). In C:\Program files, you can run both the TS4_x64.exe and the TS4.exe. I suggest you do try both these files for running the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top