Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Get Together Origin Issue (Followed guide). [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Get Together Origin Issue (Followed guide). [CLOSED] Empty The Sims 4 Get Together Origin Issue (Followed guide). [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 12:35

Hello. I have followed and completed every step in the latest guide about the "Get together" expansion very carefuly and read the guides in the torrents themselves( which, from what i have noticed, only differ by asking to move The Sims 4 from electronic arts to program files (x86), BEFORE applying the Get together files, which i have prioritised over the website guide) but after finishing everything i still get the "origin is not running" error after launching the game. One thing i might add is i haven't been asked to install anything after installing the game. I will list here what it is that i have done bellow, so there may not be confusion whether or not i have actually followed the steps in the guide:

Downloaded sims 4, sims 4 get to work and sims 4 get together.

Installed the sims 4, and added The Sims 4 folder as well as the other listed to my antivirus exceptions

Added files from the get to work torrent to The Sims 4 file in electronic arts

Moved The Sims 4 file from electronic arts to program files (x86)

Added the folders to my antivirus exceptions again ( just for good measure ) 

Moved the files from the Get together torrent to The Sims 4 folder which is now outside the electronic arts folder.

Added everything to my antivirus exceptions once more.

After this i tried to run the game but all my efforts were to no avail, the game gave me the "origin is not running" error.

I am yet to play sims4 with ANY of downloads or fixes offered from this website, but i am determined to make this work after the new expansion. If anyone could help me find the solution to this i will be very gratefull.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Get Together Origin Issue (Followed guide). [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 Get Together Origin Issue (Followed guide). [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 15:36

I would also like to add that i ran the game from the bin folder. Running it as an administrator made no difference.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Get Together Origin Issue (Followed guide). [CLOSED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 Get Together Origin Issue (Followed guide). [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 17:25

Hello there! 

This might not help at all but did you add the folders to the list of exceptions before or after you downloaded/transferred them? Chances are some files might get deleted while downloading or during the process. Also, if you're starting from scratch (installing for the first time, it's a good idea to follow Sim's Architect video tutorial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 17:34

I will download again and check out that tutorial and report tomorrow. Any other suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 17:42

Well the only thing i can say is to make sure you add all the lists (downloads, original path, and 'move file path' to the list before starting anything. And follow the videos and guides closely. Not recommended but I did turn off my anti-virus and windows defender before downloading.

If is still happens don't stress out too much about it though! Relax and take it one step at a time!  Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 20:16

Not sure if this will help but check your windows defender and go to quarantined items and see if any are quarantined. I had my defender & virus protection off and it still blocked  it -___-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 20:47

FlawlessFiasco wrote:Not sure if this will help but check your windows defender and go to quarantined items and see if any are quarantined. I had my defender & virus protection off and it still blocked  it -___-

I don't think windows defender was ever on for me so...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Dec 2015, 22:07

popaj wrote:
I don't think windows defender was ever on for me so...

Hello,

It is an unfortunate fact that modern pirated games encounter issues like these. Some anti-virus programs still continue working, even if you believe you configured them correctly. And then there are these "smaller" security programs that are known to cause the issue, like Lavasoft's "Web Companion" (if you have that, please uninstall it).

Either way, if you cannot determine the cause of the issue, and you really insist on playing a pirated Sims 4, then you will need to at least consider the option of a fresh Windows re-installation. I know, I know,..."so much work for a pirated game". But as experience shows, this is sometimes the only remaining option left.

By the way, when you moved the install folder out of Electronic Arts, did you also delete any old Sims 4 shortcuts that you may have had on your desktop ? That's important. After moving the install folder, make sure to create new shortcuts too.

Sorry if we can't help more in this, but you may also have a look at this thread here, which discusses possible alternative solutions, too:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Good luck though ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 23:43

Same thing is happening to me. I already had Sims 4 and Get To Work installed, had moved them to Program Files and had them in my exceptions list. It was running just fine, but after I installed Get Together it doesn't run anymore, I get the Origin error. Sad Am still trying to see if I can solve it.

EDIT: So, I think I solved it so here's what I did, if it helps anyone (excuse my english): I went through my antivirus and Windows Defender again and saw that there were more files to add to the exceptions list. So I added the whole Sims 4 folder to both the softwares, and especially in the on-access defense. I also put an exception to the .rar file of the Get Together torrent download before I unzipped it. Then I unzipped it again into the Sims 4 folder, replacing all the files in case the crack had been broken.

Than I went through my firewall settings, where I had forbidden The Sims from accessing the internet, thinking that would be the best to prevent Origin from spotting me. This time I let The Sims connect to the internet and voilà, it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 08:02

Hi,

I also get the error. The error can be solved by applying current ultimate fix (follow instruction provide by GTW).

Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 12:24

Well i've done everything suggested other than looking for those "smaller security programs" and reinstalling windows. Still no progress. Going to try the download from The Sim Architect after looking at the thread that Carlos pointed me towards and report again today/tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 21:55

I did everything as in the tutorial that The Sim Architect made for the Get Together update but i am still getting the origin is not running error. It seems like getting a fresh windows would be the only option since i haven't seen any other suggestions, but i won't be doing that.. I suppose you can lock this thread now, unless anyone can help me further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 02:43

I've tried and tried everything. I am in Australia and I have a 500gb per month limit on downloads and uploads so I've already used quite a bit downloading all TS4 and EP1 and EP2 as well as the Ultimate Fix. Which I did a few times, changing my antivirus and windows firewall, as my windows defender is off.
Sadly I Give Up Facepalm

Cheers Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 03:08

DONT GIVE UP WE SHALL PLAY THIS GAME AND WE WILL IN MY PIRATE BROTHERS WHO IS WITH ME ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and still i did not download it or intstall is but i am ddownloading it now this is gana be my first try

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 03:33

Plankyyy wrote:DONT GIVE UP WE SHALL PLAY THIS GAME AND WE WILL IN MY PIRATE BROTHERS WHO IS WITH ME ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and still i did not download it or intstall is but i am ddownloading it now this is gana be my first try
LOL I am a sister but OK...I won't give up...I will have a rest as I don't want to pull all my hair out LOL But then I'll get back to work on it. Smile
Cheers
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 06:50

did you try to right click on the icon and run as administer? that was the only way I found to stop origin after I logged out of origin. if that doesn't work I have no other suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 10:42

I reinstalled everything from scratch, added all the required files to the exclusion list on windows defender, then it worked for me. Windows defender considered the origin crack as a virus and automatically deleted it. Same for malwarebytes

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 Dec 2015, 19:05

popaj wrote:Well i've done everything suggested other than looking for those "smaller security programs" and reinstalling windows. Still no progress. Going to try the download from The Sim Architect after looking at the thread that Carlos pointed me towards and report again today/tomorrow.

popaj wrote:I did everything as in the tutorial that The Sim Architect made for the Get Together update but i am still getting the origin is not running error. It seems like getting a fresh windows would be the only option since i haven't seen any other suggestions, but i won't be doing that.. I suppose you can lock this thread now, unless anyone can help me further.

Sorry to hear that, but I briefly want to say something about these "smaller security programs", since many people are unaware of them, but they can play a vital role in this.

When I say "small security program", then I am talking about downsized anti-virus software that looks innocuous and unimportant. These small programs often come along as freeware and are installed alongside other freeware (ever noticed that when you install any freeware program, chances are high that "other" stuff is installed alongside it too, for example toolbars or similar things ?).

The above-mentioned "Lavasoft Web Companion" is one infamous example of such a program. 

Also note that improperly uninstalled anti-virus software can also leave behind program "trails", that still continue working...

Anyhow, since not much is left to say here, I will close the thread for the time being. @popaj, feel free to PM or e-mail me if you want the thread to be re-opened at some point. Smile

@other users, feel free to look at similar threads on the forum, or open a new topic if needed. It would get too confusing to follow this thread, if too many people posted in here, hence I will close this for now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top