Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't play without origin & Anti-virus issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't play without origin & Anti-virus issues. [SOLVED] Empty Can't play without origin & Anti-virus issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 07:55

Hi, I have the legit version of the sims 4 game. Then I have a mixture of the rest by games4theworld and reloaded. I believe I have get to work from games4theworld and the rest is from reloaded. Everything installed fine, without any error messages. When I was done with everything, I went ahead and clicked on the icon to start the game up. When I did this the origin login window popped up and I specifically read not to log in. I haven't logged in but I can't find away around not logging in. Every time I click the icon, the window pops up. Also, I have my anti-virus software disabled for the time being. I have Mcafee Internet Security Suite AT&T and I have no idea how to add the folders to the exception list. I have found where to add files to the exception list for realtime scanning but not for folders. Every time I try to just add the folders, it just keeps making me go through all the files. I haven't the slightest clue what to do.

Back to top Go down

Can't play without origin & Anti-virus issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't play without origin & Anti-virus issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Wed 16 Dec 2015, 16:24

Hi! Please check your Windows Defender / Microsoft Security Essentials settings, as they come with yoru operating system, and also any other anti virus or anti malware software you may have in your computer.

Also, don't use the "ready" shortcut, go to the folder where your game is and create a new shortcut from there, by copying the exe file you want to run (32 or 64 bits, pick your favorite), then paste a shortcut to your desktop, then change its options under compatibility to run as administrator.

Let's know how things turned out. You may have to uninstall everything and install it again using the downloads and instructions from my video below.

Keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Get Together, Spooky Day and All Previous DLC
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't play without origin & Anti-virus issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't play without origin & Anti-virus issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 17:03

I got the following error message when I created the shortcut: The program can't start because Core/Activation6.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this program. Also, when it comes to the anti-virus. I went to the windows firewall and wasn't able to do much with it because it said that the settings were managed by the vendor McAfee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 16 Dec 2015, 17:28

SimCraz3D wrote:I got the following error message when I created the shortcut: The program can't start because Core/Activation6.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this program. Also, when it comes to the anti-virus. I went to the windows firewall and wasn't able to do much with it because it said that the settings were managed by the vendor McAfee.
Hi! You don't need to worry about your firewall right now, don't worry.

You need to open your McAfee and disable the realtime protection (same with Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials and any other Anti Virus or Anti Malware you may have) or exclude all the involved folders, including the ones you use to download the torrent.

AFTER doing that, you should download the game again from the two links in my video below, and follow its instructions very closely, after uninstalling both base game and all expansions you may have right now.

Let's know if your game works after that. Sorry for the extra work, but that is what I would do in your position.

Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Get Together, Spooky Day and All Previous DLC
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 17:52

Oh okay, I have just uninstalled everything. I just wanted to ask before I begin to install everything again. Should I not reinstall my legit origin version of the game? Do you recommend using a torrent version instead?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 16 Dec 2015, 20:54

Thanks!

Yes, you should use the torrents I share in my video, NOT the original game. It should be better Smile

Keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 02:16

Okay, I downloaded the files from your video and I followed it to install everything. The only problem that I am having now is that when I click on my shortcut it opens origin's login. I don't know how to find a way around the origin login opening up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Dec 2015, 11:09

SimCraz3D wrote:Okay, I downloaded the files from your video and I followed it to install everything. The only problem that I am having now is that when I click on my shortcut it opens origin's login. I don't know how to find a way around the origin login opening up.

Sorry for the late reply,

Did you consider uninstalling your anti-virus program (and then re-booting the computer) ? Because the error you are (still) having means that the anti-virus is tampering with the no-Origin files of the game.

After uninstalling the anti-virus (if you really want to try that), you should also re-install the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 15:44

Oh, that's fine  Smile I actually was able to get the game playing from directly clicking on the TS4.exe 64 while it is still in the folder. I have the properties set to run as administer. It works great from there. I have my anti-virus disabled, because I have no idea how to add the files as an exception. Mcafee has it to where you can add files to exclude from realtime scanning, but not whole folders so I have no idea what to do. Everytime I try to add a folder it simply takes me deeper into that folder to choose files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 23 Dec 2015, 15:53

SimCraz3D wrote:Oh, that's fine  Smile I actually was able to get the game playing from directly clicking on the TS4.exe 64 while it is still in the folder. I have the properties set to run as administer. It works great from there. I have my anti-virus disabled, because I have no idea how to add the files as an exception. Mcafee has it to where you can add files to exclude from realtime scanning, but not whole folders so I have no idea what to do. Everytime I try to add a folder it simply takes me deeper into that folder to choose files.
Sorry to hear that...

Just in case, these are the files involved in the crack of Get Together:

Can't play without origin & Anti-virus issues. [SOLVED] P9UWolL

So, I guess you could include them all in your exclusions, one by one, and you should be fine (may not, of course, but there's a 90% chance here).

Anyway, happy simming!

Keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 18:43

Okay, I added the files. It appears to be working. Hopefully it continues too  Smile Thank you!

Mod edit: feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more support. Have fun in the meantime though ! Very Happy

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top