Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connecting to the Community Issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Connecting to the Community Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Connecting to the Community Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 01:06

Hey all,

I'm trying to connect to the Community, but I can never connect to it, I've had the game installed for a month or so and never really thought much about the connection problem because I just wanted to play the game, but now I just want to get some awesome pre-made houses and other things from the community but I can't.

I'm connected to Origin, I've got the game options set to auto connect and go online, I can get on to the Community home page, but when I click on the "community" Tab it says Connection is required and gives 2 options - connect or stay offline. I click connect and then... nothing... No error, No message saying unable to connect, it just keeps trying to connect.. I have noticed that in the top right hand corner of the page it says RLD! I've read in another thread here that it means that I'm not logged in to Origin so I won't be able to connect to the community... But the problem is... I am connected to Origin, so I'm at a loss with what I'm meant to do to fix the problem - any suggests or even links to another thread with the answer will be appreciated!

Edit: Sims 4 and all the extra packs aren't showing up in Origin so I don't know if this adds to the issue - I've had other cracked games for Origin from here and been able to connect to the various communities or go online with Origin no problem without them showing on my games list :s

Back to top Go down

Connecting to the Community Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Connecting to the Community Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by coolcandy3001 Sat 02 May 2015, 10:14

Have you tried installing the CAS demo of tthe game and trying to connect through that? If you successfully connect through that, you can connect in game hopefully.
You can find it on origin.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Connecting to the Community Issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Connecting to the Community Issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 20:23

When I do that my GTW goes missing, so basically, if I'm "offline" I can play with GTW, when I'm "online" I can only play with Sims 4. Very strange WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 22:36

Fredzi wrote:When I do that my GTW goes missing, so basically, if I'm "offline" I can play with GTW, when I'm "online" I can only play with Sims 4. Very strange WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hi there, @Fredzi! Very Happy

Actually, that is not strange at all. That's how the Gallery works for our release, unfortunately. If Origin is open then all of the DLC (Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration and the Sims 3 rewards) are removed from the game. All of the information you should need regarding that can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

Sorry about that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 23:50

SeoY wrote:
Fredzi wrote:When I do that my GTW goes missing, so basically, if I'm "offline" I can play with GTW, when I'm "online" I can only play with Sims 4. Very strange WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hi there, @Fredzi! Very Happy

Actually, that is not strange at all. That's how the Gallery works for our release, unfortunately. If Origin is open then all of the DLC (Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration and the Sims 3 rewards) are removed from the game. All of the information you should need regarding that can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

Sorry about that.

That's the thread I read and I didn't really understand how it helped my problem at all, it only explained how to connect and acknowledged that there are problems, for my case with the RLD! and forever attempting to connect to community when I've logged in to Origin already and it wouldn't open/connect unless I re-close the game and Origin from Task Manager, then log in to Origin again and connect to CAS, close CAS and then open Sims 4 to get the base game and none of the extras... I just don't get why in Sims 3 all the packs worked with Origin connected and Sims 4 doesn't. That's why I find it strange because it is strange.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 01:26

Fredzi wrote:
That's the thread I read and I didn't really understand how it helped my problem at all, it only explained how to connect and acknowledged that there are problems, for my case with the RLD! and forever attempting to connect to community when I've logged in to Origin already and it wouldn't open/connect unless I re-close the game and Origin from Task Manager, then log in to Origin again and connect to CAS, close CAS and then open Sims 4 to get the base game and none of the extras... I just don't get why in Sims 3 all the packs worked with Origin connected and Sims 4 doesn't. That's why I find it strange because it is strange.

Sorry, but I don't understand. Were you able to connect to the Gallery in the end? The CAS Demo process should only need to be done once to enter the Gallery in the game, not always. 
If your problem is that you only get the base game when you connect to Origin, then I'm afraid that it can't be solved. It will always happen. To be honest with you, the strange thing is that we are able to access the Gallery at all with a cracked copy of the game. It removing the DLC is a minor annoyance compared to the alternative of not being able to enter at all. And The Sims 3 worked with Origin open because there was no relation between TS3 and Origin.TS3 didn't use Origin for anything, it's connection was handled separately. In The Sims 4, the game and DLC are completely integrated into Origin, using it for DRM. Even if you bought the DVD versión of TS4 it would still be activated through Origin and tie itself with it. Origin in this release is used as the game verifier, and that's why it was so difficult to crack. 

So, the conditions changed now. The Sims 4 is not The Sims 3. And due to these new conditions, the functionality of the Gallery is severely limited. Again, sorry about that, but there's nothing we can do. The Guide outlines what can be done to at least access the Gallery, limiting the DLC. And those problems you mentioned are also talked about. If you have any suggestions, though, they are always appreciated. Let us know if you need anything else! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 11:27

SeoY wrote:
Fredzi wrote:

Sorry, but I don't understand. Were you able to connect to the Gallery in the end? The CAS Demo process should only need to be done once to enter the Gallery in the game, not always. 
If your problem is that you only get the base game when you connect to Origin, then I'm afraid that it can't be solved. It will always happen. To be honest with you, the strange thing is that we are able to access the Gallery at all with a cracked copy of the game. It removing the DLC is a minor annoyance compared to the alternative of not being able to enter at all. And The Sims 3 worked with Origin open because there was no relation between TS3 and Origin.TS3 didn't use Origin for anything, it's connection was handled separately. In The Sims 4, the game and DLC are completely integrated into Origin, using it for DRM. Even if you bought the DVD versión of TS4 it would still be activated through Origin and tie itself with it. Origin in this release is used as the game verifier, and that's why it was so difficult to crack. 

So, the conditions changed now. The Sims 4 is not The Sims 3. And due to these new conditions, the functionality of the Gallery is severely limited. Again, sorry about that, but there's nothing we can do. The Guide outlines what can be done to at least access the Gallery, limiting the DLC. And those problems you mentioned are also talked about. If you have any suggestions, though, they are always appreciated. Let us know if you need anything else! Very Happy

I can only connect to the community when I've opened CAS with Origin, then closed it and then open Sims 4, if I log in to Origin and go straight to Sims 4 I'm not connected, I can only "connect" once I've opened CAS first. It seems to me that there's a lock in the DLC coding but not in the base game. I've read your guide 3-4 times and my problem is not mentioned, I've checked, if I had found my problem within that guide I wouldn't have made a thread on trying to get help xD

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun, and feel free to open a new thready anytime again !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top