Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Lots showing up only as generic "Community Lot" rather than specific (i.e. Hospital, Stadium) lot-types

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Community Lots showing up only as generic "Community Lot" rather than specific (i.e. Hospital, Stadium) lot-types Empty Community Lots showing up only as generic "Community Lot" rather than specific (i.e. Hospital, Stadium) lot-types

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 05:34

I'm new to posting on this forum, but not new to reading it!

I have a legit base game but have been using your expansions for quite a while now. As of today, I've just re-installed Windows 7 (having hastily installed and then removed Windows Cool and, as a result, have also just re-installed Sims 3. I did everything by the book (installed my base game, then all the expansions; moved the fix files to appropriate folders--some to specific expansion game/bin folders and obviously the main one to the base game bin folder, as per the directions; updated (manually to 1.29 to avoid moving too quickly to 1.31); then finally moved the crack files to the base game bin folder.) I also added each .exe file to the DEP settings to avoid my game crashing as this has worked splendidly for me over the past few weeks.

All of that to say, the game looks to be running fairly well except that I've come across a problem that I can't find a solution for on these boards!

I started a new game in Twinbrook and was scanning the town (in Edit Town mode) to see which community lots I wanted to add before playing. In the process, I noticed that several familiar-looking buildings (e.g. Stadium, hospital, cafe, etc. -- mostly base-game community lot-types, though not all of them because the science facility was definitely showing up correctly) would only show up as "Community Lot" when I hovered over them rather than as the specific type of lot or name that they should be...

I thought I might amend this for playing by simply selecting the building (e.g. what looked like a stadium) and changing its lot-type to "Stadium" so that even if it didn't show up as having a specific name, it would at least serve as a stadium for my Sims. Imagine my dismay when I realized that lot-types such as Stadium, Hospital, Cafe, etc. weren't available even in the list of community lot-types that I could choose from...

Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone have any ideas for fixing it??

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Shannon

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Community Lots showing up only as generic "Community Lot" rather than specific (i.e. Hospital, Stadium) lot-types Empty Re: Community Lots showing up only as generic "Community Lot" rather than specific (i.e. Hospital, Stadium) lot-types

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:54

Hello,
You can rename the lots in edit town mode, and changing the lot type to "no visitors allowed" should do as far as working properly.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Community Lots showing up only as generic "Community Lot" rather than specific (i.e. Hospital, Stadium) lot-types Empty Re: Community Lots showing up only as generic "Community Lot" rather than specific (i.e. Hospital, Stadium) lot-types

Post by Guest Thu 08 Mar 2012, 15:32

I would just like to add that lots like Stadiums and Cafes and stuff are rabbit holes. They are just large objects you can find in Buy Debug or community objects that you place on a mostly empty lot. The lots they are on will always look like generic community lots in Edit Town Mode, but the rabbit hole icon with show up on the Town Map.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top