Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant install expansion packs? It keeps asking me to update!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cant install expansion packs? It keeps asking me to update! Empty Cant install expansion packs? It keeps asking me to update!

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 14:40

The base game works for me, but whenever I try to install expansion packs, it says "the Sims 3 needs to be updated before this product is installed. Do you wish to continue" with a yes and a no button. If I click yes, it says "Error with the Sims 3 update. Set up is unable to continue."
I downloaded the Sims 3: The complete collection from the downloads list on the games4theworld website. 

I thought I would get the ultimate fix for this, but It says I need one of the expansion packs to use it.  Why.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!  Hail King Tea!

Helper edit: Topic moved to the right section.
-SeoY

Back to top Go down

Cant install expansion packs? It keeps asking me to update! Empty Re: Cant install expansion packs? It keeps asking me to update!

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 17:57

hey 
you need to update it to the last update 1.67 I guess, but dont apply any crack that comes with any update or with the game until you install all the EPs, and when its done apply the ultimate fix with the guide on how to
and this is sims 4 place not sims 3 but I hope it will work for you

Back to top Go down

Cant install expansion packs? It keeps asking me to update! Empty Re: Cant install expansion packs? It keeps asking me to update!

Post by D' Eradicated Tue 19 May 2015, 19:53

Hi there,

You need to update the base game first by running the patch in (included in the Complete Collection) the "# Crack" folder. Once you've done that, install any expansion you want to install. Then, copy and replace the "TS3W.exe"
and "TSLHost.dll" in the "# Crack" folder to (depends on your machine):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
or
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

And, you're good to go.  Good job!

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top