Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 gets stuck at intro screen after 1.7.62.1020

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 gets stuck at intro screen after 1.7.62.1020 Empty Sims 4 gets stuck at intro screen after 1.7.62.1020

Post by Guest Wed 27 May 2015, 01:34

I had a previously working copy of The Sims 4 + Get To Work and the game was working fine with all expansion content and was running the latest (at the time) 1.5 patch. Both downloads were straight from G4TW.

I applied the ultimate fix a few minutes ago to get the newest stuff pack and updated game files, but now the game is getting frozen right after the intro screen is over. It just sits at the Sims 4 logo with the electronic arts text at the bottom and never moves beyond it. No errors or anything.

I've tried running the executable as Administrator but it still doesn't do anything. I've also tried deleting the entire configuration directory (Documents/Electronic Arts) and it's still not loading properly. It does create new files in the configuration directory however.

Can anyone figure out why this could be happening?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 gets stuck at intro screen after 1.7.62.1020 Empty Re: Sims 4 gets stuck at intro screen after 1.7.62.1020

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 May 2015, 02:01

Puremin0rez wrote:I had a previously working copy of The Sims 4 + Get To Work and the game was working fine with all expansion content and was running the latest (at the time) 1.5 patch. Both downloads were straight from G4TW.

I applied the ultimate fix a few minutes ago to get the newest stuff pack and updated game files, but now the game is getting frozen right after the intro screen is over. It just sits at the Sims 4 logo with the electronic arts text at the bottom and never moves beyond it. No errors or anything.

I've tried running the executable as Administrator but it still doesn't do anything. I've also tried deleting the entire configuration directory (Documents/Electronic Arts) and it's still not loading properly. It does create new files in the configuration directory however.

Can anyone figure out why this could be happening?

Hello and welcome,

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,

Sims 4 gets stuck at intro screen after 1.7.62.1020 Dve16uc8nnw2

Have you tried this already ? You can find this option in Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings. Choose the setting that I marked with an arrow in the screenshot. The click on "Apply and then on "OK".

Re-boot the computer ! And after the re-boot, play on and see if anything improved. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 gets stuck at intro screen after 1.7.62.1020 Empty Re: Sims 4 gets stuck at intro screen after 1.7.62.1020

Post by Guest Wed 27 May 2015, 02:07

Thanks for the reply!

I have added the Sims 4 executable to the list and rebooted and still the same issue.

I checked around on some torrent sites with this patches RELOADED release and I see a lot of people saying it's not working properly if you have Get To Work installed, but it works fine if you have just the base game installed.

Can anyone verify the latest ultimate fix works fine if you have Get To Work installed?

I tested myself and just the base game + 1.7.62.1020 ultimate fix works fine. If I install base game + Get To Work + ultimate fix, the game no longer works and gets stuck at intro.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 May 2015, 02:11

Puremin0rez wrote:Thanks for the reply!

I have added the Sims 4 executable to the list and rebooted and still the same issue.

I checked around on some torrent sites with this patches RELOADED release and I see a lot of people saying it's not working properly if you have Get To Work installed, but it works fine if you have just the base game installed.

Can anyone verify the latest ultimate fix works fine if you have Get To Work installed?

I tested myself and just the base game + 1.7.62.1020 ultimate fix works fine. If I install base game + Get To Work + ultimate fix, the game no longer works and gets stuck at intro.

Well, I can verify that if you have "Get to Work" installed (like me and the rest of the G4TW team members here), and then you add this new update, everything (still) works fine.

The only thing I can do is try and investigate; that's all I can say, sorry. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

//EDIT

A long shot, but are your graphics drivers up-to-date ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 May 2015, 02:21

Alright well thanks for the help anyways.

My graphics drivers are currently up to date, using Geforce 352.86 on my GTX 970

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2015, 09:51

I just installed the base game, get to work and the fix and I'm having the same problem! It just sits at the logo and does nothing. If I click around and hit enter I can hear some sound effects as if something should be there but I can't see it! Pretty bummed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top