Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Text from the new main menu update and add-ons not showing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Text from the new main menu update and add-ons not showing. Empty Text from the new main menu update and add-ons not showing.

Post by Guest Sun 31 May 2015, 16:10

Hi! Recently, my game hasn't been starting up which was solved by the Ultimate Fix, thank god. But before I even applied the fix, the text for Get to Work was missing. When the game first starts up and introduces you to the new expansion pack, everything inside the pop up box was gone. Same with the new button at the top right that has 3 plumbobs on it. ALL of the ingame descriptions for the new jobs are missing as well so I have no idea how to function the jobs. This is driving me crazy and is a game breaking bug. It happened with Luxury Stuff too! Though the only thing wrong so far is the missing text in the introduction when you boot the game. Please help! I'll post screenshots if you need them.

Back to top Go down

Text from the new main menu update and add-ons not showing. Empty Re: Text from the new main menu update and add-ons not showing.

Post by coolcandy3001 Sun 31 May 2015, 16:49

I don't know if I'm miss reading - but only the text is missing & the expansion is working?

Can you check the file EP01 folder in Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/EP01 and tell me if "Strings_ENG_US.Package" is in there?

Last edited by coolcandy3001 on Sun 31 May 2015, 16:59; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : did some research AGAIN)
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Text from the new main menu update and add-ons not showing. Empty Re: Text from the new main menu update and add-ons not showing.

Post by Guest Sun 31 May 2015, 23:54

Its there! The text from the main game and the outdoor retreat GP is there but for the EP and the SP, the text is empty. The games are functional, yes but they are hard to operate without instructions on how the game is like and information on some of the new features (i.e i had to play with buttons to figure out what button i press to hire people, what button i press to change money payout etc,)

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 00:12

Availien wrote:Its there! The text from the main game and the outdoor retreat GP is there but for the EP and the SP, the text is empty. The games are functional, yes but they are hard to operate without instructions on how the game is like and information on some of the new features (i.e i had to play with buttons to figure out what button i press to hire people, what button i press to change money payout etc,)
On TS4 forum, people suggested removing that file and setting up TS4 again without it (Don't delete this file as I know what it's for, I just don't know if TS4 will automatically put it back in with it being a pirated version)
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top