Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Text on Main Menu is Missing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Text on Main Menu is Missing Empty Text on Main Menu is Missing

Post by Guest Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:06

I have been through the forums here, and spent about the last 4 days trying to get this to work. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, checked locale in RegEdit for each expansion, literally everything I could find suggested here to fix the issue. I have cleared the caches, and applied the ultimate fix following the instructions to the T. I even unistalled it all, and reinstalled it in order of release date according to EA's website. 

There really is no question that I can run it, I have played tons of other games that are much more graphically intense than the sims with no issues. I regularly check for graphic driver updates, and install the most recent ones when they are available. I don't start experiencing issues until I try installing Into The Future, but when I have installed it I can't get rid of it without a complete uninstall.

I really can't figure out what is going on, and it's incredibly frustrating. If anyone here has any insight could you please help me out. I don't want to spend all weekend trying to get this working, if I wanted to deal with that I would play minecraft.

Any help is appreciated. Here is a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about.

Text on Main Menu is Missing Screenshot7

Back to top Go down

Text on Main Menu is Missing Empty Re: Text on Main Menu is Missing

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:59

Picklicious wrote:I have been through the forums here, and spent about the last 4 days trying to get this to work. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, checked locale in RegEdit for each expansion, literally everything I could find suggested here to fix the issue. I have cleared the caches, and applied the ultimate fix following the instructions to the T. I even unistalled it all, and reinstalled it in order of release date according to EA's website. 

There really is no question that I can run it, I have played tons of other games that are much more graphically intense than the sims with no issues. I regularly check for graphic driver updates, and install the most recent ones when they are available. I don't start experiencing issues until I try installing Into The Future, but when I have installed it I can't get rid of it without a complete uninstall.

I really can't figure out what is going on, and it's incredibly frustrating. If anyone here has any insight could you please help me out. I don't want to spend all weekend trying to get this working, if I wanted to deal with that I would play minecraft.

Any help is appreciated. Here is a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about.

Text on Main Menu is Missing Browse

//MOVED

Hello,

Please re-do the steps from #2 to #4 carefully here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck !

Last edited by Carlos on Thu 08 May 2014, 18:27; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 May 2014, 03:07

Carlos wrote:
Picklicious wrote:I have been through the forums here, and spent about the last 4 days trying to get this to work. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, checked locale in RegEdit for each expansion, literally everything I could find suggested here to fix the issue. I have cleared the caches, and applied the ultimate fix following the instructions to the T. I even unistalled it all, and reinstalled it in order of release date according to EA's website. 

Text on Main Menu is Missing Browse

Hello,

Please re-do the steps from #2 to #4 carefully here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck !
I followed all the instructions perfectly and the game still has the blank screen like above... Im running Windows 8.1 and am fully updated to 1.67.2 Everything was fine until i installed into the futue. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled with the same issue. Any other ideas?

Mod edit: please re-read the forum rules and open your own topic for your issues, instead of posting under someone else's topic. Thank you.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top