Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have couple issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have couple issues Empty I have couple issues

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 08:23

Hello, I have more than one issues with my game and instead of opening couple topics I decided to make one.
1: I have decoration item in my inventory and can't place it or do anything with it and don't know what to do.
2: I edit my sim in cas and make her fairy, vampire or something else and when I finish, sim still show up as human. When I enter cas again sim show up as fairy or what I did her, but not in game. Restarted couple times but doesn't work.
3: I'm using testingcheats and "make all needs static" cheat but my horse becomes fat which because of she doesn't exercise while she doesn't need at all, or my sim pee herself randomly while she doesn't have bladder.
4: I edit my sim's clothes, but sometimes everyday outfit becomes formal and athletic too, they all become same outfit. I have to edit again when this happens.
5: I can't get my mail. When I tell them to get mail, they go to mailbox, take a box and they randomly teleport somewhere and doesn't get the mail.

Last edited by Opheliakc on Sun 07 Jun 2015, 13:01; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

I have couple issues Empty Re: I have couple issues

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 00:17

I can only suggest what has been recommended to me for numerous odd problems: in the "documents\Electronic Arts\ Sims 3" folder, delete the five xxxcache.package files; and in the "world cache" folder delete the file for the town you are playing. When you next start the game all these files will be rebuilt with fresh data from the game you load.

Also, try Twallan's Overwatch mod; it catches many oddities, script errors, and such before they cause trouble (and creates .xml files of whatever it does, so you can check those to see what is happening).

I had a teleport issue that seemed tied to my inventory. When my sim went to the consignment shop and clicked the register she would instantly be returned home; removing her motorcycle from her inventory before she entered the shop cured this, even when later she went in with the motorcycle in inventory.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:15

I did these but only mailbox issue solved, and it's something, thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 18:56

Lol, one down, a few more to go; at least you're making progress.

Coincidentally I've been reading about CAS issues recently since I've encountered a couple. In one game I took my sim to CAS to remove her glasses from each outfit, now she showers in her clothes; in another game, in another town, I gave my sim a new everyday outfit (those sweatpants just didn't seem appropriate for a designer making 5000 simoleons a day), now when she exits the shower she wears her old outfit and has her girlfriend's hair. Everything I read implied such issues were caused by adding a poorly designed clothing mod, but in my case I've added nothing since well before starting either of these games, both games were 7-10 simweeks old before the problem occurred, and both problems apparently were triggered by taking the sim to CAS.

Anyway, two solutions were proposed:
- Use Twallan's MasterController to send the sim to CAS naked then clothe them (I don't yet know how to do this)
- Take the sim to CAS and change their entire wardrobe to default items, absolutely no CC at all. Play for a simday or so and send the sim to take a shower while wearing each outfit. Save, quit, delete the xxxcache.package files from the root folder, restart and see how things go (apparently a "may or may not work" solution).

I will soon try one or both options. Whether this is pertinent to your sim fairy not retaining their status I don't know, but it's something to consider.

Haven't played Pets (my old system is at its limit running Ambitions and Seasons) but saw this recommended for a similar issue with static needs for a "human" sim: remove the static needs, reset the sim, save, quit, delete those five cache.package files. Restart and play the sim for a simday or so, get all needs maxed or nearly so, then apply the static needs again. (I've never reset a sim nor used the static needs cheat so am just repeating what I've read.) Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jun 2015, 20:47

Opheliakc wrote:I did these but only mailbox issue solved, and it's something, thank you Smile

Sorry for the late reply Ophelia, but I forgot about replying here. Smile  Have you heard from the "Sims 3 savefile cleaner"-tool ? See my post in this other topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17544-the-deliciously-indulgent-bakery-help#120488

Not sure if the links for the savecleaner are still up-to-date, but you can also google for the tool (or I can post a link here, next time...). In any case, apply that savefile cleaner to your savegame (make a backup before that, though).

Then re-start the savefile and see if any of those glitches are gone then. It is still worth a try. Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jun 2015, 23:14

It looks cool, I'll try it! I deleted sims 3 games completely and installing again, I'll install it when it's done

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Jun 2015, 00:31

Opheliakc wrote:I deleted sims 3 games completely and installing again, I'll install it when it's done

Why did you un-install the games completely ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 20:37

Carlos wrote:
Opheliakc wrote:I deleted sims 3 games completely and installing again, I'll install it when it's done

Why did you un-install the games completely ? Smile 

My computer had so much problems recently and I just completely reset my pc, and now I don't want to play sims anymore  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Jun 2015, 20:56

Opheliakc wrote:
My computer had so much problems recently and I just completely reset my pc, and now I don't want to play sims anymore  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I'm sorry to hear about that. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  In any case, feel free to post back here whenever you feel more like it, again. I'll leave the thread open until then. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top