Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin Error (Unable to Launch Game). [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Error (Unable to Launch Game). [CLOSED] Empty Origin Error (Unable to Launch Game). [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:52

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I have been in the forums here (2013 was the last time I was here, wow!).

Today, when I went to launch the Sims 4 I got the following error:

"Unable to start:
Origin is not currently running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4.
[insert error code here]"

This is the first time this has happened to me. Naturally I took to the forums and found This Topic.

I did everything the topic told me to. 
I have no anti virus except Microsoft Security essentials and everything was already added to the exception list. I even tried turning it off completely as a last resort.
No luck.
No windows firewall on either.

I have literally no clue what gives.

The only thing I can think of is that I ran a scan with Advanced SystemCare 8 and that program scans registry files too and sometimes deletes things it shouldn't with my games. I had this happen with The Sims 2 Ultimate collection which I had a legit copy of, I ended up having to apply a registry fix. 

So is there anything I am missing or anything else I should do?

I really want this fixed...

Thank you, 
Kendra

Back to top Go down

Origin Error (Unable to Launch Game). [CLOSED] Empty Re: Origin Error (Unable to Launch Game). [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 13:31

I got the same problem... wish an admin will help

Back to top Go down

Origin Error (Unable to Launch Game). [CLOSED] Empty Re: Origin Error (Unable to Launch Game). [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 14:24

Ohhh Adminnnn!~

I even uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times. Nada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 16:59

one of the mods said you gotta uninstall disable ur antivirus and RE download everything.... but there has to be a way around it to make it work

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Jun 2015, 17:09

kamilo998 wrote:(...) but there has to be a way around it to make it work

Hello and welcome kendra and kamilo998,

If you ever find out an alternative way, let me know, @kamilo998. But the easiest solution would be to do it like me: you familiarize yourself in advance with your computer system and all programs installed on it. Lots of people download tons of random stuff and then "lose sight" of their system. 

I'll try and upload the crack of the recent Ultimate fix only, later on here. See if you can get it working by just re-adding those 3 crack files, instead of re-downloading the whole package. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 18:34

okay thanks (im actually reinstalling the sims 4 not redownloading cuz i saw that i had 2 sims 4 which is weird cuz i dont remember installing any sims) so ill see how it goes if it works now or not

//EDIT

nope it didnt work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:35

I turned off everything. Windows Firewall AND Microsoft security essentials and reinstalled. Nada. No help whatsoever. 
I just want to play the sims 4 Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 02:41

I'm actually starting to get really upset about this. I have disabled EVERYTHING. Absolutely everything. Uninstalled and reinstalled countless times. No matter WHAT I do I keep getting the same error over and over again. This didn't happen until the newest update of the fix came out and installed it. I cannot help but assume that the recent fix has something to do with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jun 2015, 02:51

kendrakitty wrote:I'm actually starting to get really upset about this. I have disabled EVERYTHING. Absolutely everything. Uninstalled and reinstalled countless times. No matter WHAT I do I keep getting the same error over and over again. This didn't happen until the newest update of the fix came out and installed it. I cannot help but assume that the recent fix has something to do with this.

I'm not sure if "disabling" (a.k.a. turning off) will actually work, as you are normally supposed to add exclusions to your software. And that is fundamentally different from simply turning off the programs.

In the meantime, I uploaded the crack only, here:
http://bit.ly/1dL2nT0

Copy & paste those files into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files.

If that still doesn't help you then I'm sorry to say it, but in that case there isn't much else I can do about it. The game works absolutely flawless for me, and also (as it seems) for most other people. If you have a third-party anti-virus you might even try a proper uninstall of it. See this topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19939-anti-virus-uninstall-tools

But that's really all I can say now, sorry again. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 03:13

I have added all the exclusions to microsoft security essentials, and unfortunately I cannot uninstall that program.
I have done everything I have been asked, I am not the only one having this issue. There are many people posting about a similar issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jun 2015, 03:23

kendrakitty wrote:(...) I am not the only one having this issue. There are many people posting about a similar issue.

I know you're not the only one, but still: there isn't much else I can do for you. Please acknowledge (as hard as it is) that sometimes, we can't solve issues at all. The fact that this crack bypasses Origin completely means that it is very often detected by anti-virus programs. 

Also, you should check for "hidden" anti-virus programs. Very often they get installed alongside other major programs (Adobe Reader, etc.). And these small programs are usually overlooked by people.

Again, if you absolutely cannot figure out what is causing your problem, I'm afraid you'll need to take it as it is, at least for the time being. 

We all should slowly begin to accept that games are getting nearly impossible to crack. The non-Origin of TS4 crack demands a very high price. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 03:51

I don't mean to sound ungrateful in any way, and I apologise if I came across as such. I appreciate everything the team does, but I was just wanting to point out that I didn't have an issue until I installed the latest version of the ultimate fix.
Is there any way you can tell me how to find if I have a "hidden antivirus" anywhere on windows 7?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jun 2015, 04:05

kendrakitty wrote:I don't mean to sound ungrateful in any way, and I apologise if I came across as such. I appreciate everything the team does, but I was just wanting to point out that I didn't have an issue until I installed the latest version of the ultimate fix.
Is there any way you can tell me how to find if I have a "hidden antivirus" anywhere on windows 7?

If you want, I am on the forum's chatbox for a little while. I will try and help you via TeamViewer, but no guarantees that I can fix the issue. I will look into your system and if I can find anything I will try and fix it.

//EDIT

The chatbox is at the top of the forum's main page. Click on "Log in", to log into the chatbox. Smile

//EDIT

Or feel free to check the forum's chatbox when you see me online there - I will then try and assist you via TeamViewer.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Origin Error (Unable to Launch Game). [CLOSED] Empty Me three.....

Post by Guest Fri 05 Jun 2015, 01:28

Help

I am sickened by this. It is making me feel like such an idiot!!! I have deleted and re installed about 4 times now. Every time I get the Origin message. I downloaded Origin just to see if I can play. I can play but only the base game. I followed every single thing on the huge list, added all the exceptions, disabled Avast, Windows firewall all that. I am so disgusted with myself for not being able to figure it out. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I was playing the first time I installed because I have TS# so I guess it launched with Origin but I didn't realize the expansion packs weren't on there so I lost all my sims and everything with the multiple deletes. I'm about to pull my hair out. lol!!  FUU!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Jun 2015, 20:02

LisaMarietard wrote:Help

I am sickened by this. It is making me feel like such an idiot!!! I have deleted and re installed about 4 times now. Every time I get the Origin message. I downloaded Origin just to see if I can play. I can play but only the base game. I followed every single thing on the huge list, added all the exceptions, disabled Avast, Windows firewall all that. I am so disgusted with myself for not being able to figure it out. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I was playing the first time I installed because I have TS# so I guess it launched with Origin but I didn't realize the expansion packs weren't on there so I lost all my sims and everything with the multiple deletes. I'm about to pull my hair out. lol!!  FUU!

Welcome to the forum first of all,

Normally you should open your own thread for that, but OK. It wouldn't be bad for the future if you disabled automatic game updates in your Origin client settings. And of course, close ALL Origin-related Windows before playing the cracked Sims 4.

Beyond that, the same applies to you what I already said above, sorry. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jun 2015, 11:25

Working 100% 

1. After you install everything and apply the fix, move the sims 4 folder to any drive but C:.
2. Fix the registers to the new location. Follow the instructions on admin's thread.
3. Enjoy the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jun 2015, 01:13

The same error here...try to reinstall, apply the fix, turn off antivirus...and nothing...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 Jun 2015, 23:41

Code153 wrote:Working 100% 

1. After you install everything and apply the fix, move the sims 4 folder to any drive but C:.
2. Fix the registers to the new location. Follow the instructions on admin's thread.
3. Enjoy the game.

If you correctly configured your anti-virus systems it doesn't matter though wehter you have the game on the C: partition or elsewhere.

marciocruz wrote:The same error here...try to reinstall, apply the fix, turn off antivirus...and nothing...

Welcome to the forum, 

Normally you should open a new thread, but you should at first try and re-do the stuff I already described above.

@kendrakitty, my offer still stands, so if you happen to see me on the forum's chatbox, feel free to log in, and I will then try and help you via TeamViewer. Smile  And before more people post their problems in this topic, I will close it for now. Contact me via PM, if you want the topic to be re-opened, @kendrakitty.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top