Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin: Unable to start (How do I play the game without Origin or ZLOrigin?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin: Unable to start (How do I play the game without Origin or ZLOrigin?) Empty Origin: Unable to start (How do I play the game without Origin or ZLOrigin?)

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 00:34

I downloaded the base game and all DLCs that are actually available here right now, and when I try playing the game, I just can't. I dunno what to do, I looked for answers on existing topics but to no avail. Changing the folder's name/folder didn't do it. Also I already put the game outside C:/ drive, still the same. Running as admin doesn't change anything. Removing Origin related stuff or the program itself also doesn't do anything, neither does removing GameVersion from Documents.

Help?

Back to top Go down

Origin: Unable to start (How do I play the game without Origin or ZLOrigin?) Empty Re: Origin: Unable to start (How do I play the game without Origin or ZLOrigin?)

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 00:37

What's the exact error message?

Back to top Go down

Origin: Unable to start (How do I play the game without Origin or ZLOrigin?) Empty Re: Origin: Unable to start (How do I play the game without Origin or ZLOrigin?)

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 00:43

It looks like this:

Unable to start:

Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attepmting to play The Sims 4

[d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 00:47

What firewall do you use? The crack needs a loopback/localhost/127.0.0.1 connection. It's a special IP address that just points back to your computer. Some firewalls are too aggressive and block that connection too. It is recommended to block the exe in firewall but you need to allow that loopback connection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 00:49

I use Windows Defender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 00:53

I also use Avira antivirus, if that says anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 10:30

Okay, problem solved. Updating the game with the downloads from My first pet stuff to the Realm of Magic update removed the problem, maybe because of the new crack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top