Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 stopped working Empty Sims 4 stopped working

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jun 2015, 22:20

Hello,

I'm kinda new to this but I downloaded and installed The Sims 4, Sims 4 GTW and applied the ultimate fix (in that order and all from games4theworld) but now that i want to play it doesn't work. The screen goes black, shows a white background and the green logo and then it just goes back to my screensaver and it gives the error 'sims 4 stopped working'. I have my Anti-virus program off and my DEP is already on the right setting. I have searched for hours through the forum but i couldn't find an answer. I hope anyone here can help me? Surprised

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 stopped working Empty Re: Sims 4 stopped working

Post by Sim Architect Sun 07 Jun 2015, 22:25

Can you try to disable your screensaver and run again? Also, what's your video card model? Are the drivers (and windows) up to date?
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jun 2015, 22:35

I'm sorry what exactly do you mean by disabling screensaver? (by screensaver I meant my desktop/wallpaper)

Everything should be up to date and my video card is a Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (I think, not so good with computers lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 07 Jun 2015, 22:40

sharonx wrote:Hello,

I'm kinda new to this but I downloaded and installed The Sims 4, Sims 4 GTW and applied the ultimate fix (in that order and all from games4theworld) but now that i want to play it doesn't work. The screen goes black, shows a white background and the green logo and then it just goes back to my screensaver and it gives the error 'sims 4 stopped working'. I have my Anti-virus program off and my DEP is already on the right setting. I have searched for hours through the forum but i couldn't find an answer. I hope anyone here can help me? Surprised

sharonx wrote:I'm sorry what exactly do you mean by disabling screensaver? (by screensaver I meant my desktop/wallpaper)

Everything should be up to date and my video card is a Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (I think, not so good with computers lol)

You told above that you go back to your screensaver, but I think you meant desktop.... My bad, I only noticed it now, sorry Facepalm

The advice around your video drivers and windows is still valid (what is your video card?). Very Happy

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jun 2015, 22:50

Yeah i meant my desktop sorry. Smile I have Windows 8.1, my processor is  Intel® Core™ i5-5200U 2.2 GHz dual-core (x64). Is that enough? Im getting kinda lost where exactly i can find my type of video card, i can only see that Intel® HD Graphics 5500 is my graphic card? lol 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 07 Jun 2015, 22:56

Yes! Maybe you are facing the issue because you don't have a dedicated video card? Please take a look on your drivers to see if they are up to date. I did a quick Google search and it seems that the game should work ok with it, though (slowly, but ok) Wink

I have no further info on Sims 4, since I still didn't "move on" from Sims 3 (sorry, my bad), but I am sure someone with more experience on it will be able to help you further if you need (please, post below if you keep having the issue or if you figured it out and how, so my name won't be the last on your topic in case other helpers/mods are looking for unanswered posts).

Meanwhile, would you like to have some tea?

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jun 2015, 23:09

I searched online and it does say i don't have a dedicated video card, does this mean i can't play the sims 4 at all? are there any solutions for that? 

As far as i know my drivers are up to date but im gonna look further into that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 07 Jun 2015, 23:13

Yes, you should be able to run it. I even found a few videos on YouTube showing people who played with Sims 4 nicely without a dedicated video card Smile

Please let's know if you found out a solution or if you need someone more experienced on Sims 4 to help you further Smile

Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jun 2015, 23:19

Thank you very much, i will look further into some things! Smile

Maybe anyone else have more information for me?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Jun 2015, 23:01

sharonx wrote:(...) and my video card is a Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (I think, not so good with computers lol)

Welcome to the forum,

That's not so good. Does it always crash right at startup of the game ? Can you try reducing the resolution of your (main) computer screen, and re-start the game ?

I don't know how to do that, but usually, if you right-click on the background of your desktop wallpaper, you will get to some sort of control panel for your graphics chip/card. And from there, you can adjust all sorts of graphics settings, like the screen resolution too.

Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by D' Eradicated Fri 12 Jun 2015, 17:07

The video card might not be the issue. I ran TS4 in my laptop with Intel HD Graphics 3000 (no money for gaming rig).

Anyway, head to your TS4 installation folder and navigate to "__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist". Install vcredist_x86 for 32-bit machines or both for 64-bit machines. Hope that it works.  Good job!

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top