Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'. Empty Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'.

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 22:33

I terribly sorry for starting a thread to ask this, but I've searched all over the fourm and haven't found a solution.

So whenever I start up my game after I've transferred the files in the correct folder I see there's no evidence of the expansion pack being 'installed'. 
I made sure my anti virus programs were shut off and that orgin wasn't running, but still the game says I have to activate my game in order to play GTW expansion.

I've tried applying the ultimate fix too, but no changes I can see.

There's probably something i'm not doing correctly and such, but I have no idea.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Edit: I case it's a problem, I didn't download any of the other expansion packs.

Back to top Go down

Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'. Empty Re: Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'.

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 00:52

Hi there, @LunaticLenny, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Sorry, but what does the error you are getting say exactly? Some screenshots would help us understand what you mean.
Have you tried applying the Ultimate Fix and see if there's any improvements? You can find it here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix#

Instructions are included. Please, apply it and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'. Empty Re: Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'.

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 19:08

SeoY wrote:Hi there, @LunaticLenny, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Sorry, but what does the error you are getting say exactly? Some screenshots would help us understand what you mean.
Have you tried applying the Ultimate Fix and see if there's any improvements? You can find it here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix#

Instructions are included. Please, apply it and let us know how it goes. Good luck!
I haven't been getting any error messages at all, just whenever i open the game after inserting the GTW files into the sims 4 folder it doesn't show any changes that have been made except that the sims pack button at the top of the screen starts flashing and stuff.
So when I click the button they say I have to be online to active the expansion, I click the button to go online and then it says that I have to register the game in order to access online.
Here's the screenshots: 
So first I click this flashing button: 
Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'. Untitled2_zpsvywf3ske
Then this appears:
Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'. Untitled_zps8ivktqug
Then when i hit connect this happens:
Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'. Untitled1_zpsxfetixrn

So am I not supposed to do that? If so then what is the proper way to install it? Im pretty sure followed all the steps correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 19:34

LunaticLenny wrote:I haven't been getting any error messages at all, just whenever i open the game after inserting the GTW files into the sims 4 folder it doesn't show any changes that have been made except that the sims pack button at the top of the screen starts flashing and stuff.
So when I click the button they say I have to be online to active the expansion, I click the button to go online and then it says that I have to register the game in order to access online.
Here's the screenshots: 
So first I click this flashing button: 
Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'. Untitled2_zpsvywf3ske
Then this appears:
Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'. Untitled_zps8ivktqug
Then when i hit connect this happens:
Problems Getting GTW to 'activate'. Untitled1_zpsxfetixrn

So am I not supposed to do that? If so then what is the proper way to install it? Im pretty sure followed all the steps correctly.

Hi again!

Indeed, there's no need to do what you are doing. The Expansion Packs (or any Packs in the game for that matter) don't need to be 'activated' in any form. You just have to install the Expansion Pack properly, apply the Ultimate Fix and make sure that Origin is completely closed (as it will remove all of the DLC from the game). The Expansion Pack content should appear properly in your game now without any more steps.

Are you sure that the Expansion Pack is not appearing in your game, and that Origin is closed (not even in Offline mode)? You may want to try installing the Expansion Pack again and re-applying the Ultimate Fix to see if anything changes. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 22:19

SeoY wrote:
Hi again!

Indeed, there's no need to do what you are doing. The Expansion Packs (or any Packs in the game for that matter) don't need to be 'activated' in any form. You just have to install the Expansion Pack properly, apply the Ultimate Fix and make sure that Origin is completely closed (as it will remove all of the DLC from the game). The Expansion Pack content should appear properly in your game now without any more steps.

Are you sure that the Expansion Pack is not appearing in your game, and that Origin is closed (not even in Offline mode)? You may want to try installing the Expansion Pack again and re-applying the Ultimate Fix to see if anything changes. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy
Ok, so i cut off my internet connection and reinstalled the pack and applied the ultimate fix again, but nothing has changed. I closed Origin completely as well.When i launch the game it takes longer than usual to load, but it still shows the normal menu and there's no new content in game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jun 2015, 01:56

So rather than deleting my posts can you please answer me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jun 2015, 03:36

LunaticLenny wrote:So rather than deleting my posts can you please answer me?

I'm sorry, but I haven't deleted anything. Please don't assume things, especially when there is no reason for anyone to delete any posts that you have made here (if you have exclusively posted here about this problem).

Now, how exactly did you install the Expansion Pack? Where did you copy the files exactly? And did you make sure to extract the RAR file using WinRAR only? Any other programs may damage the files and cause problems.
Look into your installation folder, and check that the EP01 folder is indeed there. All of the files should be the same from the one inside the RAR file.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 13:15

SeoY wrote:
I'm sorry, but I haven't deleted anything. Please don't assume things, especially when there is no reason for anyone to delete any posts that you have made here (if you have exclusively posted here about this problem).

Now, how exactly did you install the Expansion Pack? Where did you copy the files exactly? And did you make sure to extract the RAR file using WinRAR only? Any other programs may damage the files and cause problems.
Look into your installation folder, and check that the EP01 folder is indeed there. All of the files should be the same from the one inside the RAR file.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Sorry, I apologize for getting a bit testy. 

I installed the expansion pack in the Electron Arts folder within the Program Files(x86) folder, I did use WinRaR to extract them, and the EP01 folder is there.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jun 2015, 03:13

LunaticLenny wrote:
Sorry, I apologize for getting a bit testy. 

I installed the expansion pack in the Electron Arts folder within the Program Files(x86) folder, I did use WinRaR to extract them, and the EP01 folder is there.

Are you absolutely sure that you applied the files from "Get to Work" AT FIRST ? And then you should apply the files from the latest available "Ultimate fix". This order of installation is very crucial, and it seems that a lot of people mess up on that.

Also, do not just copy individual files or folders from the downloads. Again, take the WHOLE "Get to Work" expansion, and copy ALL files & folders from there to the game install location. When prompted, replace all existing files/folders. After you did that, repeat the procedure, with the latest Ultimate fix.

Good luck !

P.S. if you find that messages of you were getting deleted, there is ALWAYS a reason behind it. Mostly it's because people double-post/bump, or they posted in a forum section where questions are not allowed, like the "Fixes"-sections. Did you do any of these ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top