Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do I activate the dystopian future!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how do I activate the dystopian future!? Empty how do I activate the dystopian future!?

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jul 2014, 15:47

I feel so stupid, now I'll have to convince 6 sims that the sky is falling down, and I do not know how to do that? there is no option for it when my sim talk to other sims... a little help maybe.... Help

Back to top Go down

how do I activate the dystopian future!? Empty Re: how do I activate the dystopian future!?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Jul 2014, 23:38

Stardust86 wrote:I feel so stupid, now I'll have to convince 6 sims that the sky is falling down, and I do not know how to do that? there is no option for it when my sim talk to other sims... a little help maybe.... Help

Hello,

In my case there was/is a yellowish field called More..., when clicking on another sim (a sim that I want to convince). And if you click on that "more", the option to "convince that the sky is falling down" should show up.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

how do I activate the dystopian future!? Empty Re: how do I activate the dystopian future!?

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 17:04

I'm having exactly the same issue. I managed to trigger a Utopian future, but I'm stuck on convincing 6 sims for the Dystopian one. No 'more' option appears and no option to convince them appears.

So frustrating.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Nov 2014, 19:43

Thpider wrote:I'm having exactly the same issue. I managed to trigger a Utopian future, but I'm stuck on convincing 6 sims for the Dystopian one. No 'more' option appears and no option to convince them appears.

So frustrating.

Hello Thpider,

Normally, you should actually open a new thread for your issue(s), instead of bumping another person's thread, but since the OP didn't reply anyway, stick here then...

As for your issue, I'm 99.9% sure that you're not looking closely enough for that option. Plus, special interactions like that tend to be well-hidden in the interactions menus.

If you insist there is nothing, then you can try aborting that "quest", and starting over basically, with all these opportunities for the dystopian future. But again, while this thing with the utopian/dystopian futures seems a bit glitchy at times (I had a small glitch myself once), please make sure to look very closely again, before starting over with the "quest". Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 02:06

Sorry about that, didn't want to start a new thread on a subject already broached.

I have looked. The utopia quest was easy, the yellow/gold 'more' was there and I managed it successfully. No idea why the dystopia one is glitching. I have tried it with both of my sims and it gets as far as convincing 6 sims the sky is falling, then nothing. No option to ask etc.

I shall try again, but won't hold my breath.

Thanks for replying

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 13 Nov 2014, 00:56

Thpider wrote:Sorry about that, didn't want to start a new thread on a subject already broached.

I have looked. The utopia quest was easy, the yellow/gold 'more' was there and I managed it successfully. No idea why the dystopia one is glitching. I have tried it with both of my sims and it gets as far as convincing 6 sims the sky is falling, then nothing. No option to ask etc.

I shall try again, but won't hold my breath.

Thanks for replying

Yes, as I mentioned, these things are a bit glitchy at times. When I started the dystopian quest the first time, the game wouldn't let me progress past the first "test", I think it was this thing with using a giant magnet to get minerals/metals from the sky. But after several times re-starting the quest, it suddenly worked.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 14 Nov 2014, 00:46

Did you make friends/acquantances with the people you're trying to convince? As far I remember (from world adventures, for example), you need to have at least some relationship with the person before convincing them to do anything, THEN the option to convince them appears...
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top