Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let the Sims 4 use more memory?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let the Sims 4 use more memory? Empty Let the Sims 4 use more memory?

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 15:14

Is there a way, like in the Sims 3, to allow the Sims 4 to use more memory (RAM)? I have 10 GB in my computer and would really like to get the Sims 4 to use about half of that. Is it even possible?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I couldn't figure out where to post it!

Back to top Go down

Let the Sims 4 use more memory? Empty Re: Let the Sims 4 use more memory?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jun 2015, 08:15

claudiasharon wrote:Is there a way, like in the Sims 3, to allow the Sims 4 to use more memory (RAM)? I have 10 GB in my computer and would really like to get the Sims 4 to use about half of that. Is it even possible?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I couldn't figure out where to post it!

//MOVED

Hello again,

Back in the era of Sims 3, we used to apply the so-called "4GB patch" on the .exe files of Sims 3; this functioned as a "switch" so that the game could use up to 4GB of RAM, instead of the standard 2GB. Provided that the individual user has 4GB of RAM or more on the computer.

But you shouldn't use that 4GB patch on the TS4.exe in Sims 4, as it seemingly breaks the crack. From what I have been able to figure out, the TS4.exe has already been made by EA to be "Large Adress Aware", meaning that it can already use more RAM, than the standard 2GB.

Keep in mind though that technically, the game still can only utilize a maximum of 4GB of RAM, provided you have a 64-bit Windows OS too. It doesn't matter how much actual RAM you have, as the TS4.exe is a 32-bit application, and hence it cannot use more than 4GB of RAM.

Plus, I don't think that as of now (or even in the near future) your game will actually use that much RAM, but let's see.  Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top