Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DLC + GTW gets 'removed' from game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DLC + GTW gets 'removed' from game Empty DLC + GTW gets 'removed' from game

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 08:13

Hello, I've followed instructions on how to install the game with DLC and GTW.
I'm a mac user. I wrapped Sims 4 with wine and it runs perfect.

The problem I'm having is that whenever i open Sims 4 the second time around, origin 'removes' my dlc content. 
1) I do not start up on origin, i simply run the Sims 4 skipping origin.
2) I have no origin installed on my computer.
3) I have everything 'online related' unchecked in game.
4) I could reapply the crack and get the DLC back, but again it gets removed second startup.
5) Sims 4 Vanilla runs fine, just a message in-game informing me I have to reinstall the missing content again.
6) The content are in my Sims 4 directory untouched with folders like EP01, GP01..etc.
7) It seems i can bypass this issue by going offline before initiating Sims 4, but my app freezes upon exiting the game.

I can't seem to figure out what is the main cause for origin being able to remove the content from the vanilla game, with all my settings to be offline. 

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

DLC + GTW gets 'removed' from game Empty Re: DLC + GTW gets 'removed' from game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:21

wataru2 wrote:Hello, I've followed instructions on how to install the game with DLC and GTW.
I'm a mac user. I wrapped Sims 4 with wine and it runs perfect.

The problem I'm having is that whenever i open Sims 4 the second time around, origin 'removes' my dlc content. 
1) I do not start up on origin, i simply run the Sims 4 skipping origin.
2) I have no origin installed on my computer.
3) I have everything 'online related' unchecked in game.
4) I could reapply the crack and get the DLC back, but again it gets removed second startup.
5) Sims 4 Vanilla runs fine, just a message in-game informing me I have to reinstall the missing content again.
6) The content are in my Sims 4 directory untouched with folders like EP01, GP01..etc.
7) It seems i can bypass this issue by going offline before initiating Sims 4, but my app freezes upon exiting the game.

I can't seem to figure out what is the main cause for origin being able to remove the content from the vanilla game, with all my settings to be offline. 

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum wataru2,

Please note that the forum is for the most part about giving support in WINDOWS OS, and not very much about Mac OS. We do have a small Mac section, but it has become de facto obsolete, as there is currently no active Mac Helper on our forum. My own Mac knowledge is very rudimentary; please apologize if I cannot help you out in this matter.

What I can tell you is that "removed" DLC in Windows is usually related to either an Origin window being open somewhere, in which case you simply close ALL Origin-related windows. Or it is due to anti-virus programs interering with the cracked game. Since I do not know how WINE works in practice, I cannot give any details about how this may tie into your issue.

Sorry, but if you need more help, you will need to consult other sources for your issues.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 16:53

Wine basically wraps a window version of The Sims 4 for me. So in technicality, it is the exact same as the window version but simply wrapped in a emulated window.

I'm wondering, are there other possible ways for origin to check your game besides having origin windows open (which isn't the case i assume since i run directly through TS4.exe), and the crack being interfered because I've checked my Mac's AV.

Here are some photos displaying what i mean by 'wrapper'
DLC + GTW gets 'removed' from game Screen11
DLC + GTW gets 'removed' from game Screen12
DLC + GTW gets 'removed' from game Screen13
DLC + GTW gets 'removed' from game Screen14

Let me know if you need to further inspect any specific folder. Oh and I'll attach the exact message I get in game.

Thank you,

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Jul 2015, 20:49

wataru2 wrote:Wine basically wraps a window version of The Sims 4 for me. So in technicality, it is the exact same as the window version but simply wrapped in a emulated window.

I'm wondering, are there other possible ways for origin to check your game besides having origin windows open (which isn't the case i assume since i run directly through TS4.exe), and the crack being interfered because I've checked my Mac's AV.

Here are some photos displaying what i mean by 'wrapper'

(...)

Let me know if you need to further inspect any specific folder. Oh and I'll attach the exact message I get in game.

Thank you,

I don't need to "inspect" anything. Smile  As I said, my Mac knowledge is very rudimentary (and I don't even have a Mac computer), so I don't really know what to say now. If this method with WINE is working for you, then OK, fine. But I can't really 'comment' on it.

To my knowledge, removed DLC are usually due to Origin being open in a way, or anti-virus issues, but then I can't comment on technical specialties related to Mac OS.

Besides, wouldn't it be technically easier (and less system-intensive) if you just installed Windows OS on a different partition of your Mac computer (Bootcamp) ?

P.S. feel free to wait until @Phoebe comes online again. However, she is not active right now, and I can't tell when she will come online again. She might be able to assist you further with that.

P.P.S. I saw you posted a tutorial about TS4 and WINE. Thanks for that ! Smile  However, for any further comments, you should await Phoebe's feedback on this matter, as she is the only (remaining) team member with good Mac knowledge. I'm sorry, but again: I myself cannot really comment on anything in this matter.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jul 2015, 00:47

Hey it's totally fine! lol
So i've been doing some trial and errors, testing ways to make it work and guess what?!

I did it.

Not sure if this is temporary, but at least now i can boot it several times without having my content remove on second startup. I'll update to the post i made with how that may be done, as i'm sure i might not be the only one facing the problem.

Anywho, the problem may be that, i have no control on when origin decides to connect internally to the game (I have no idea how) but I thought perhaps blocking ANY/ALL connection from the specific app will work. And it did. I turned on the firewall and blocked all connection to The Sims 4 apps, and when prompt that anything is trying to connect to it, i denied it. I believe i discovered that WineskinX11 was trying to access internet as well some internal resources.

After using Mac's firewall to block the connection for The Sims 4 specifically, I discovered the game now runs multiple times WITH DLC and it has not been taken away (I've tested up to 4 tries).

Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:53

wataru2 wrote:Hey it's totally fine! lol
So i've been doing some trial and errors, testing ways to make it work and guess what?!

I did it.

Not sure if this is temporary, but at least now i can boot it several times without having my content remove on second startup. I'll update to the post i made with how that may be done, as i'm sure i might not be the only one facing the problem.

Anywho, the problem may be that, i have no control on when origin decides to connect internally to the game (I have no idea how) but I thought perhaps blocking ANY/ALL connection from the specific app will work. And it did. I turned on the firewall and blocked all connection to The Sims 4 apps, and when prompt that anything is trying to connect to it, i denied it. I believe i discovered that WineskinX11 was trying to access internet as well some internal resources.

After using Mac's firewall to block the connection for The Sims 4 specifically, I discovered the game now runs multiple times WITH DLC and it has not been taken away (I've tested up to 4 tries).

Thanks Very Happy

Interesting fix...in Windows, you should actually ALLOW The Sims 4 connect to the internet, due to the technicality of the crack from RELOADED. But alright, if this works for your Wineskin-stuff, then I guess it's good. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 16:22

Experiencing the same problem. I tried blocking the connection and then opened my Sims but it still doesn't show. No new world, new stuff packs. Do I have to reinstall it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top