Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to use mods in Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to use mods in Sims 3 Empty Unable to use mods in Sims 3

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jul 2015, 18:25

Hi, all. I've had the cracked version of the Sims 3 for a couple years now, I've downloaded some expansion packs and stuff packs and all has been working perfectly, however, I've decided I kinda' wanted to spice up my life with the game and thought that mods would be a cool way to do it. I've followed all the rules to do so and I've updated my game a while ago, (1.67), yet whenever I start the game, I continue to see the intro and no mods have been downloaded. I've done the download from Mods the Sims with the Mods folder in the electronic arts folder of My Documents and still nothing. Are Mods not compatible with cracked versions? Please help.

Back to top Go down

Unable to use mods in Sims 3 Empty Re: Unable to use mods in Sims 3

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jul 2015, 12:42

There's two types of mods for Sims 3 - Simpacks and packages. Packages should be placed in mods\packages folder and they don't appear in the launcher but will appear in game. Simpacks do appear in your launcher and they have to be installed (either by double clicking them or putting them in your downloads folder - going to downloads tab and selecting which ones to instal/select all.

They're compatible with cracked versions.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Jul 2015, 13:22

tSenami wrote:Hi, all. I've had the cracked version of the Sims 3 for a couple years now, I've downloaded some expansion packs and stuff packs and all has been working perfectly, however, I've decided I kinda' wanted to spice up my life with the game and thought that mods would be a cool way to do it. I've followed all the rules to do so and I've updated my game a while ago, (1.67), yet whenever I start the game, I continue to see the intro and no mods have been downloaded. I've done the download from Mods the Sims with the Mods folder in the electronic arts folder of My Documents and still nothing. Are Mods not compatible with cracked versions? Please help.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If you got your stuff from "Mod The Sims", then you almost certainly downloaded files in the .package file format. As @urmom indicated before, you probably put the items into the wrong location. The correct location where to put .package files is this:

C:\Users\(your username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Also, see this guide here for a more elaborated explanation too. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2015, 15:19

i have a problem with my simspack or sims store. i got it from my friend. for sims 3 base, i used other uploader's download and i installed it into local disk E instead of C because of space issue.

before this, when i installed the game into local disk C, i can download and install the sims store into the launcher. 

but when i installed the base game into local disk D, the store items did not appear in the launcher but i already put the folder into my document>electronic arts>downloads.

what is the solution?

i tried to copy the content of the simspack folder and paste them into 'mydocument/electronic art/the sims 3/downloads' instead of dragging the whole folders. and when i opened the launcher, the items appeared and i could install them all with no error! sorry for the trouble! thank you guys! it works. Very Happy Oh my...

Last edited by aimonaz on Fri 24 Jul 2015, 06:14; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2015, 17:10

The location of the base game shouldn't matter (all my games, including Sims3, are on a separate HD and this has caused no issues), Sims 3 will install anywhere and automatically create its necessary files in the documents folder when you start it.

"document>electronic arts>downloads" a misprint? It should be "documents\electronic arts\Sims3\downloads" for sims3pack files. Package files go in "documents\electronic arts\Sims3\mods\packages" and require no further installation. Also, "put the folder into my document>electronic arts>downloads"? there should be no folder there, just the loose sims3pack files.

If you have the proper folder structure and the files are not being accessed I would suspect the game indexing is corrupt (those various files which tell the game what is installed, from where, etc.); I've accidentally overwritten these and lost most of my cc in the game, though the files were still present. Try moving, not copying, the entire "documents\electronic arts\Sims3" folder to a backup location (desktop will do) and start the game, it will rebuild this entire folder with default values. If all seems well, exit and copy your sims3pack files from the backup to the new "documents\electronic arts\Sims3\downloads" and see if they now appear in the launcher. If so your game should be fully functional, though you will have to reinstall any EPs and/or worlds you were using, and don't forget to copy your "save" folder from the backup. You can then delete that backup from the desktop (or wherever you placed it).

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 Jul 2015, 21:15

aimonaz wrote:i have a problem with my simspack or sims store. i got it from my friend. for sims 3 base, i used other uploader's download and i installed it into local disk E instead of C because of space issue.

before this, when i installed the game into local disk C, i can download and install the sims store into the launcher. 

but when i installed the base game into local disk D, the store items did not appear in the launcher but i already put the folder into my document>electronic arts>downloads.

what is the solution?

Yes, try the previous poster's solution; and for the future, please open a NEW topic for your issues, instead of bumping someone else's thread.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 11:33

Hi, it might be an idea to include your explanation in the 'guide' bit of your website.
I for one wasn't aware of the difference and only found out about the difference going to look for it now.
If I wouldn't have my mods would've never worked.
I think adding it would be an especially good idea since I got all of my mods off your website.

They're working now and I'm totally loving it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top