Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 mods Empty The Sims 4 mods

Post by Guest Wed 30 Aug 2017, 00:25

Hello I have seen and read alot of problems with modding the game but I strugle to find solution to mine. I will post the picture down below my game looks alot different from the other I have seen so I am really lost. I have enabled modding in the game, tried to make a Mods folder in multiple places. In C:/Program files (x86)/ Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 in C:/Program files (x86)/ Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Game/Bin  and in the C:/Program files (x86)/ Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Game/Bin/res. I have read somewhere that Resource.cfg is the thing that has to be in the mods folder so i tried putting it in but it only broke my game so I put it back in the C:/Program files (x86)/ Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Game/Bin/res where it was. Please if you have any idea of fixing my problem I would be very greatfull! I am really lost.

The Sims 4 mods S11

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 mods Empty Re: The Sims 4 mods

Post by Guest Wed 30 Aug 2017, 00:35

This is not where you put your mods. The mods folder is located in documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/mods

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Aug 2017, 01:25

Yes but as you can see by the picture there is no Mods folder in my The Sims 4 only folders that I have there are _Installer, Data, Game, Support. Even idlf I create folder Mods the mods don't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:21

Hi there
If you look at the top, this folder is in c: Programs (x86) first, you should have moved it out of the Electronic Arts folder. Just cut the sims 4 file and paste it under Program files (x86). this is to avoid any Origin is not running error.
Now look under c: Documents Electronic Arts The Sims 4. Mods folder should be there. Hope it helped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:14

sweeteizus wrote:This is not where you put your mods. The mods folder is located in documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/mods

Loonieloose wrote:Hi there
If you look at the top, this folder is in c: Programs (x86) first, you should have moved it out of the Electronic Arts folder. Just cut the sims 4 file and paste it under Program files (x86). this is to avoid any Origin is not running error.
Now look under c: Documents Electronic Arts The Sims 4. Mods folder should be there. Hope it helped.

Also, generally, test the game first. I assume you only have the base game installed. After running the game, the Sims 4 folder will be created under Documents\Electronic Arts, as the two of them had mentioned. Afterwards, if the mods folder is not there, create a new folder, and then you can test your mods/CCs.

PS: Try not to copy + paste the folders but instead move it as a whole.

Do keep us updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top