Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED] Empty I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 00:54

Hello, Hylia here. Smile
This morning I've been wanting to connect to the gallery. What I usually do is run Origin and then run The Sims 4, but when I did that today however, this message popped up;
I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED] 20e76aff024a90c8f2411816d9e8fb19
I have tried downloading The Sims 4 CAS Demo, and the gallery showed up fine on that, but still wouldn't load on the actual base game itself.
I do not mind not having access to the gallery, but there are some times I would prefer to use it instead of building a lot myself.
Is there any solution to this, or has this happened to anyone else before? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:40

I also have the same problem. it occurred after origin updated itself automatically.

Back to top Go down

I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Jul 2015, 20:27

Hylia wrote:Hello, Hylia here. Smile
This morning I've been wanting to connect to the gallery. What I usually do is run Origin and then run The Sims 4, but when I did that today however, this message popped up;
I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED] 20e76aff024a90c8f2411816d9e8fb19
I have tried downloading The Sims 4 CAS Demo, and the gallery showed up fine on that, but still wouldn't load on the actual base game itself.
I do not mind not having access to the gallery, but there are some times I would prefer to use it instead of building a lot myself.
Is there any solution to this, or has this happened to anyone else before? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hello Hylia,

I got this mysterious Origin update everybody is now talking about myself, yesterday. And I still can download stuff from the gallery, as usual. Can you open up your Origin client, and navigate to the "Help"-tab (on top), and then click on "About" ? This is what I get then in my own Origin client:

I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED] TbUUCAT

What is your version of the Origin client ? At that point I can only speculate, sorry. But we'll keep you all posted as soon as we find out more about this. And yes, you're not alone in that. But again, then funny thing is that everything is still working for me, as always.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 00:06

Carlos wrote:
Hylia wrote:Hello, Hylia here. Smile

Hello Hylia,

I got this mysterious Origin update everybody is now talking about myself, yesterday. And I still can download stuff from the gallery, as usual. Can you open up your Origin client, and navigate to the "Help"-tab (on top), and then click on "About" ? This is what I get then in my own Origin client:

I am unable to start The Sims 4 while Origin is running. [SOLVED] TbUUCAT

What is your version of the Origin client ? At that point I can only speculate, sorry. But we'll keep you all posted as soon as we find out more about this. And yes, you're not alone in that. But again, then funny thing is that everything is still working for me, as always.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
Hello, I checked the version of Origin I was using and it showed to be the exact same version as yours. It's very interesting how the gallery works for you, though. Hopefully someone figures out the problem in the future. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 19:00

Hi i'm QueenieB and i'm also having that same problem.. Yesterday origin updated itself and i haven't been able to enter the game at all since.. I don't use the gallery so that really wouldn't bother me but not getting access to play the game really sucks Why God. . I'm not much of a gamer but i do LOVE playing The Sims 4 which is the only PC game i play so a response on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 19:08

hello queenie.. if you just want to play the game without accessing the gallery, here is what you should do..

-close origin that running in the backround.. andjust apply the ultimate fix again..-

this works for me.. but whenever i opened origin in the background, the sims 4 will not start.. hope this helps.. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 21:17

hi ciksepatu... i did exactly what you said and the message still popped up when i tried to access the game but even though it didn't work for me i just want you to know that i'm very thankful for your assistance..  Smile  and if you think of anything else that may help please shoot them my way... thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 23:03

Hello everyone. I'm currently having the same problem thanks to the origin update. I reinstalled the base game as well as the get to work and fix. Still, the problem keeps popping up. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 02:24

This same thing is also happening to me. I was just about to post this same thing tell i saw this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 03:17

Have you tried restarting the PC?

It's been happening to me today and a simple restart has allowed me to open the game again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 04:18

I just tried this and didn't work Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 05:33

El_Sim_O wrote:Have you tried restarting the PC?

It's been happening to me today and a simple restart has allowed me to open the game again
Yes I have tried restarting my PC and it did not change anything regarding Origin and The Sims 4. Thank you for trying to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 13:43

Same problem here. It started after Origin updated itself the other day. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both Origin and Sims 4 + the latest fix both it still won´t work. I can play the game without Origin running though. Strange...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Jul 2015, 17:42

@Hylia, feel free to join the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page) when you see me online there; usually on afternoons, Central European Time (see the clock in my signature).

I will then try and help you via "TeamViewer". Smile 

//EDIT

OK, I got some feedback from @SeoY. The theory now is, that I myself can access the gallery, because I have a legit Sims 4 game registered on my Origin account, and not "just" that Sims 4 CAS demo. Even if I actually un-installed that legit Sims 4 a long time ago already, in favor of G4TW's game + DLCs, that legit Sims 4 game is still registered on my Origin account. But that's only a theory as of now, and I need to test it myself later on when I get to it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 23:11

Carlos wrote:@Hylia, feel free to join the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page) when you see me online there; usually on afternoons, Central European Time (see the clock in my signature).

I will then try and help you via "TeamViewer". Smile 

//EDIT

OK, I got some feedback from @SeoY. The theory now is, that I myself can access the gallery, because I have a legit Sims 4 game registered on my Origin account, and not "just" that Sims 4 CAS demo. Even if I actually un-installed that legit Sims 4 a long time ago already, in favor of G4TW's game + DLCs, that legit Sims 4 game is still registered on my Origin account. But that's only a theory as of now, and I need to test it myself later on when I get to it.
Okay, thank you for the update! It's not an urgent problem, as I don't mind not having access to the gallery, but I would like to and I'm sure everyone else who has the same problem as me would too. I appreciate you trying to help me and hopefully someone figures out a way to solve this in the near future. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jul 2015, 12:08

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem. I don't mind accessing the gallery. I just want to play the game. I closed Origin but I'm still having that error. Please help. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jul 2015, 17:21

Hi Queenie here.. in response to " bluewave " if you just want to play the game this is what worked for me.. log out of origin and uninstall it once you've done that try entering the game... i'm not sure if reinstalling origin again will produce the same problem because i haven't done that yet.. but if it works then  Carlos is tha man!!! and if it doesn't then i'm sorry and good luck....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Jul 2015, 02:34

Hylia wrote:Okay, thank you for the update! It's not an urgent problem, as I don't mind not having access to the gallery, but I would like to and I'm sure everyone else who has the same problem as me would too. I appreciate you trying to help me and hopefully someone figures out a way to solve this in the near future. Very Happy

OK, I just tested it myself with a new Origin account and only the Sims 4 CAS demo, and I get the same error. Looks like you can't connect anymore with a pirated Sims 4 game, unless you have a legit Sims 4 registered on your Origin account, like me. Sad

As an alternative, try accessing the gallery from within the Sims 4 CAS demo, and after you downloaded all you want, transfer the things from My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 CAS demo\Tray into...

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray. Log out of Origin, close all Origin windows, and then start the cracked Sims 4. Look into your library for the downloaded stuff to see if it's there.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jul 2015, 04:36

ciksepatu wrote:hello queenie.. if you just want to play the game without accessing the gallery, here is what you should do..

-close origin that running in the backround.. andjust apply the ultimate fix again..-

this works for me.. but whenever i opened origin in the background, the sims 4 will not start.. hope this helps.. Very Happy Very Happy

I tried this and it worked for me.

Thank you for the advice! Carlos is tha man!!! Dedicated to Carlos All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Jul 2015, 05:41

We would be grateful if anybody could test what I described in my previous reply, above. Smile  Thanks in advance ! I only did this once myself, way back with the old 3DM game, and it seemed to work back then, but I don't know if it still works nowadays, and I myself still need to re-download that demo...which I would like to avoid, if anybody of you could do that too. Very Happy

Carlos wrote:As an alternative, try accessing the gallery from within the Sims 4 CAS demo, and after you downloaded all you want, transfer the things from My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 CAS demo\Tray into...

My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray. Log out of Origin, close all Origin windows, and then start the cracked Sims 4. Look into your library for the downloaded stuff to see if it's there.

//EDIT

Nevermind, see SeoY's announcement in the opening post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4-obsolete

@Hylia, do you have any other questions for now, or can I close this thread ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jul 2015, 15:07

@Carlos You can close it. Smile

Mod edit: feel free to open a new thread anytime again ! Question answered, topic closed. Wink 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top