Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 origin error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 origin error. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 origin error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 01 Aug 2015, 22:37

Hello,

I keep getting the error "origin is currently not running" error. I followed all the instructions when downloading the game and adding the Ultimate Fix to it. I disabled all antivirus and firewalls and added the files to the exceptions list. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded and installed The Sims 4 and the Ultimate Fix many time but I still keep getting the same error. I read some of the other posts of other people having this same problem and tried some of the suggestions on there and it still didn't work. I even deleted origin from my computer.
I have downloaded The Sims 3 from Games4theworld before and that works perfectly fine but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong for this download. I followed the instructions for game setup and Ultimate fix, not skipping any steps and it still wont work. Please help. Thank you very much.
Help

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 origin error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 origin error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 02 Aug 2015, 04:33

same here and also took the above steps.
Originally i had "the procedure entry point..." error 
but i did find the working solution here and it resolved that issue.
But now it gives me the one posted by O.P.

running clean install windows 10 Pro x64

BTW, I'm also running as admin with windows 8 compatability mode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Aug 2015, 18:23

im having the exact same issues what is going on?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 00:12

I had the same error. I ended up uninstalling origin and putting the fix back in. try to do that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 02:47

highptiestesslitangel wrote:I had the same error. I ended up uninstalling origin and putting the fix back in. try to do that
I tried and it still don't work Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 04:56

I had the same problem, then I accidentally updated the CAS Demo for the game because I wanted new Sims. Now it won't run because it wants me to update Sims 4 through Origin. -.-

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Aug 2015, 07:51

wolfprincess wrote:Hello,

I keep getting the error "origin is currently not running" error. I followed all the instructions when downloading the game and adding the Ultimate Fix to it. I disabled all antivirus and firewalls and added the files to the exceptions list. I have uninstalled and re-downloaded and installed The Sims 4 and the Ultimate Fix many time but I still keep getting the same error. I read some of the other posts of other people having this same problem and tried some of the suggestions on there and it still didn't work. I even deleted origin from my computer.
I have downloaded The Sims 3 from Games4theworld before and that works perfectly fine but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong for this download. I followed the instructions for game setup and Ultimate fix, not skipping any steps and it still wont work. Please help. Thank you very much.
Help

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply,

One possibility could be for you to completely un-install all your anti-virus and anti-malware systems, and then re-booting the computer. Ater the re-boot, check your Windows firewall, to see if you allowed the TS4.exe to "communicate" through it; plus, make sure to turn off Windows Defender too.

If it doesn't work, then something else is most likely blocking the game; that can either be some hidden "bloatware" (i.e. downsized or trial-version anti-virus programs, that have found their way onto your computer) or an improperly un-installed anti-virus program.

Either way, at that point it is very hard to figure out what exactly may be blocking the game; and the reason you (and many people) are getting this error is because TS4 is nearly un-crackable, and the resulting (available) cracks are not very good. I'm not saying I could crack it better, but this type of stuff is very common for modern cracks. I'm just glad that TS2 + TS3 cracks back then were very easy to handle.

It is definitely possible to get this TS4 crack running; it works fine for me as well as the majority of people. But the other side is, that many other people are having issues with it. 

If you absolutely can't ge it working, you have two choices: either live without it, or consider a fresh Windows re-install. Both options are dubious, certainly, but the latter may be at least somewhat realistic. Good luck though ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 04:08

UWSE
Carlos wrote:

One possibility could be for you to completely un-install all your anti-virus and anti-malware systems, and then re-booting the computer. Ater the re-boot, check your Windows firewall, to see if you allowed the TS4.exe to "communicate" through it; plus, make sure to turn off Windows Defender too.

If it doesn't work, then something else is most likely blocking the game; that can either be some hidden "bloatware" (i.e. downsized or trial-version anti-virus programs, that have found their way onto your computer) or an improperly un-installed anti-virus program.

Either way, at that point it is very hard to figure out what exactly may be blocking the game; and the reason you (and many people) are getting this error is because TS4 is nearly un-crackable, and the resulting (available) cracks are not very good. I'm not saying I could crack it better, but this type of stuff is very common for modern cracks. I'm just glad that TS2 + TS3 cracks back then were very easy to handle.

It is definitely possible to get this TS4 crack running; it works fine for me as well as the majority of people. But the other side is, that many other people are having issues with it. 

If you absolutely can't ge it working, you have two choices: either live without it, or consider a fresh Windows re-install. Both options are dubious, certainly, but the latter may be at least somewhat realistic. Good luck though ! Smile 
Hi Carlos,

I have re-installed windows and re-downloaded the game. It works now. Thanks for your help! Happy B-day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 18:00

Carlos wrote:

What are some possible solutions while running it through WineSkin?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Aug 2015, 18:53

Texan21 wrote:What are some possible solutions while running it through WineSkin?

Please keep in mind that we do NOT give Mac support on The Sims 4; the person who wrote the guide about TS4 and the "wineskin" on Mac is not a team member, and seems to not visit the forum regularly. We cannot give support on TS4 on Mac because this wineskin-method is highly unreliable and unstable.

If you need help on Mac + TS4, please consult other sources.

As the OP's problem seems solved, I will close the thread. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top