Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin is not running error [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin is not running error [SOLVED] Empty Origin is not running error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 01:17

I've been trying to get the game working on my kid's Windows 10 computer for several days and I'm about at my wits end. It works fine on my own Windows 7 PC - in fact, mine is a hodgepodge of Skidrow, Fitgirl and the Parenthood update from here, so I guess the fact that it actually worked lulled me into a false sense of security. Anyway, the first time I tried installing it on hers, it didn't work, so I figured maybe it was because things were from all over the place, so I uninstalled it all and downloaded the complete set from here and installed it according to the instructions. Except it still doesn't work. I have tried:
Uninstalling AV software. She originally had Avast, so I got rid of it. Then I discovered McAfee was bundled on her PC too, so I got rid of that too. That left Windows Defender, which didn't look to be so easy to get rid of, so I added exceptions to the Bin folder and the .dll's themselves and turned off the real-time protection.
I also added the game to Windows firewall.
I moved it to Program Files (she has a 64 bit PC).
I renamed the folder to The Sims4 instead of The Sims 4.
I installed CCleaner to scan for registry errors and cleaned it all up in case some lingering nonsense was interfering.
I tried running as administrator.
And finally, like a fool, I actually tried installing Origin because I saw a couple of people here say that worked for them. Alas, it did not work for me so I went right ahead and uninstalled it again.
Anyway, it's after midnight so I'm giving up for the night, but if anyone has any suggestions for what to try next, I'll try 'em all in the morning. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Origin is not running error [SOLVED] Empty Re: Origin is not running error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 07:04

I had this same problem, tried a million things similar to you and when I finally was feeling defeated tried one last thing I had seen mentioned and it worked. I just moved the whole Electronic Arts folder to an entirely different drive (where I wanted it to be anyway) and then the game loaded perfectly. Hope this helps, good luck.

Last edited by Goober on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 07:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More detail)

Back to top Go down

Origin is not running error [SOLVED] Empty Re: Origin is not running error [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 11:21

Hmm. She doesn't have another drive on that PC, but I can try running it from my external hard drive and see if that makes a difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 17:02

Hi @sushigal007

Alternatively, you can also check if the .dll files are missing from your daughter's game folder. If yes, you can download those files here and copy + paste them to the sims 4 folder. If you have TS4.exe AND TS4_x64.exe, try running the game with the other .exe file.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Jun 2017, 22:10

The .dll files are there, but I'll try redownloading them. I have to wait until she's done using the computer for the day though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 15:29

I'm afraid neither of those suggestions worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:42

sushigal007 wrote:I'm afraid neither of those suggestions worked.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. I also assumed you've read the alternate workaround or solution regarding this error? If not, you can take a look at them here

Unfortunately, at this point, the suggestion i can give is:

1. Clean the registry for your origin, firstly. Not sure if it's going to affect the error because you've downloaded it. (it should not actually but you can take a look at this steps here)
  2. Do a clean re-install of the games as well. That can be found here for the registry part and after that install the game pack by pack. You can test which pack works (if the error doesn't pop up) and stop there.
  3. "I also added the game to Windows firewall. " - Actually I'm not sure if you should add or block the .exe ? I actually have my firewall as well as windows defender turn off.

4. You can try to move the sims 4 folder to desktop instead and see if it's able to run.

There's a couple of external links since it's easier than writing the whole steps down. Do keep me updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 20:16

Yep, I read that topic and pretty much the only things I didn't do was try the Ultimate Fix because it's outdated, or the thing with the iPhone because we're an Android household. There was no Origin cache folder, although I suppose there might be one now, and I also didn't try fiddling with a VPN, I guess that's something I could try. But first, I'll give all that lot a try, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 13:22

OH MY GOD. I was in the 'add/remove Programs' bit, just about to uninstall the game again, and I spotted the problem. Effing Web Companion. I didn't spot it before because I was looking under L for Lavasoft Web Companion! I feel so stupid. But why the heck did anyone think this PC needed to come pre-bundled with three AV programs? Anyway, of course, once it was uninstalled, it started working. Thank you for trying to help me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 13:48

sushigal007 wrote:OH MY GOD. I was in the 'add/remove Programs' bit, just about to uninstall the game again, and I spotted the problem. Effing Web Companion. I didn't spot it before because I was looking under L for Lavasoft Web Companion! I feel so stupid. But why the heck did anyone think this PC needed to come pre-bundled with three AV programs? Anyway, of course, once it was uninstalled, it started working. Thank you for trying to help me!
Haha, it seems the culprit is tricky. Glad you're able pick out the AV. And Happy Simming to both of you. I tip my fedora.

Cheers!
Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top