Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom content

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom content Empty Custom content

Post by Guest Mon 10 Aug 2015, 09:45

I read a thread here that talked about custom content and moding. It was last updated 3.21 this year. However, I was curious if it is still accurate. I have some neat stuff I would like to use from Mod The Sims for Sims 4, but I can't get it to show up in my library. Mod The Sims says to unpack it and put it in \Tray. The thread mentioned above talks about putting it in a mods folder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Custom content Empty Re: Custom content

Post by Guest Mon 10 Aug 2015, 15:59

Hi there, @mrvaliant! Smile

If you are talking about this guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015#

Then yes, most of it is still accurate. There hasn't been many changes (if any at all) referring to Custom Content and/or Mods. Now, you should follow the instructions of the page where you downloaded it. If it says that it needs to be extracted and put in the Tray folder, it means that you should do that exactly. That content are Lots, Rooms, or Sims, that will appear on your Library. That is also present in the Guide above, it's the point number 3. For other types of files (Mods or Scripting Mods), the process is different. But there's no discrepancy between what MTS says and our guide, it's all the same. Wink

So, try that and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Aug 2015, 19:54

Yep, I did what I was supposed to do. I looked for some lots that were posted pre may ish because of patching. But, they didn't work either. Nothing shows up on my gallery at all. I read where new updates have broken CC for people when they have created it on a later version. I was looking for a few commercial lots but I can't seem to find anything that shows up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Aug 2015, 06:33

mrvaliant wrote:Yep, I did what I was supposed to do. I looked for some lots that were posted pre may ish because of patching. But, they didn't work either. Nothing shows up on my gallery at all. I read where new updates have broken CC for people when they have created it on a later version. I was looking for a few commercial lots but I can't seem to find anything that shows up.

I see. It may indeed be because they were created on newer game versions.

So, you haven't found any content that was meant for 1.7.65.1020, or maybe earlier? Any at all. Just to check if you can get it to appear on your Library, and narrow it down a little bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top