Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confusion with the 5 Parts of the Ultimate Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confusion with the 5 Parts of the Ultimate Fix Empty Confusion with the 5 Parts of the Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 22:02

Okay, so I've managed to download all five of them. Disable my windows protection ... which is the only virus protection currently on my PC. MY question is am I supposed to unzip ALL 5 parts and move them all to the Windows(86)/Sims 4 folder? One after another to make them override each other? Like put all of part 1 in that folder, let it replace the files and then put all of part 2, 3 etc?

Cause I'm really confused about that right now. Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Back to top Go down

Confusion with the 5 Parts of the Ultimate Fix Empty Re: Confusion with the 5 Parts of the Ultimate Fix

Post by coolcandy3001 Thu 20 Aug 2015, 22:56

Unzip one, as if you look at the files their names end in .part1 .part2 - They're basically 1 file split into 5. Winrar will unzip the files one after another, with all files that you need.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Confusion with the 5 Parts of the Ultimate Fix Empty Re: Confusion with the 5 Parts of the Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 23:16

Not a stupid question Very Happy 

Using Winrar, unzip ONE of the parts, then copy and replace the contents of that single extraction into the installation folder. Don't extract the other parts (but you still need them in their entirety--seriously, make sure you have the full download size for each part). It's also recommended that you move the Sims 4 folder directly under C:\Program Files (x86) 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 23:50

Okay awesome! Thank you. I also managed to get my game to load just fine as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:09

i just turned off my windows defender and still getting origin not running error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 00:42

mystichaze wrote:i just turned off my windows defender and still getting origin not running error
If you go to the "Having trouble with Origin blocking Sims 4 from opening? Here is what worked for me." topic here in this forum, it's 2 topics down from this one. I followed what they did in that topic and it worked for me as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 23:55

can someone help me?
i can't download part five Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Aug 2015, 23:57

katt98 wrote:can someone help me?

Try downloading at different times of the day; that's the best I can suggest. Other people also suggest using so-called "download managers", but I myself never really used those, hence I can't say anything about their usefulness, sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 00:00

Carlos wrote:
katt98 wrote:can someone help me?

Try downloading at different times of the day; that's the best I can suggest. Other people also suggest using so-called "download managers", but I myself never really used those, hence I can't say anything about their usefulness, sorry.
the thing is that i click the download button on mediafire and it just shoots out a blank page without a download, idk if its related to the time of the day or the file itself

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Aug 2015, 00:52

katt98 wrote:the thing is that i click the download button on mediafire and it just shoots out a blank page without a download, idk if its related to the time of the day or the file itself

Try clearing the cache and cookies in your browser (press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE, mark the appropriate options in the following window, confirm, and then restart the browser). The download button shows up for me without problems.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 00:57

Carlos wrote:
katt98 wrote:the thing is that i click the download button on mediafire and it just shoots out a blank page without a download, idk if its related to the time of the day or the file itself

Try clearing the cache and cookies in your browser (press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE, mark the appropriate options in the following window, confirm, and then restart the browser). The download button shows up for me without problems.
k now i have another problem, the download says it;s finished after being only like a quarter way through and when you open it, it says unexpected end of archive

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Aug 2015, 00:59

katt98 wrote:k now i have another problem, the download says it;s finished after being only like a quarter way through and when you open it, it says unexpected end of archive

And that may be related to what I said above about traffic/bandwidth issues. If you really can't get it downloading properly, feel free to get the torrent from RELOADED in the meantime, or wait until the Admin puts up a torrent for that. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top