Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Fix Confusion - vcredit_x86

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ultimate Fix Confusion - vcredit_x86 Empty Ultimate Fix Confusion - vcredit_x86

Post by Guest Wed 01 Apr 2015, 02:55

Hello all! First and foremost, this website is amazing. I'm sad I didn't find it earlier. 

That being said, I recently downloaded the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix and I'm a little confused about this first part. 

"If you installed Games4theworld’s version of The Sims 4, the default location will be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ . In there, open the folder called “__Installer”. From here,
navigate to vc\vc2013\redist. You’ll see two files called “vcredist_x86.exe” and “vcredist_x64.exe”. Double-click on
them both and install them."

Whenever I click on the files, this Microsoft thing comes up and asks me if I want to repair or uninstall the files? Does that mean I can skip this step and copy over the files and I'm good? I just don't want to mess this up! 

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fix Confusion - vcredit_x86 Empty Re: Ultimate Fix Confusion - vcredit_x86

Post by Guest Wed 01 Apr 2015, 02:58

Hi there, @andtheholyone, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

If you are getting a message asking you to either Repair or Uninstall, then that program is already installed. You can continue with the rest of the instructions normally.

Please, if you encounter any other questions or issues don't doubt on letting us know in this same topic. Or if you successfully install the game, so we can close the topic then. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Fix Confusion - vcredit_x86 Empty Re: Ultimate Fix Confusion - vcredit_x86

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 05:23

So, sort of unrelated, but related. I originally got Sims 4 download from piratebay and not from games4theworld. After trying over and over again, I decided to just delete and uninstall it completely and install games4theworld's version. That way I wouldn't have to deal with compatibility with the upcoming GTW expansion. 

I downloaded G4TW's torrent of Sims 4, went to install it, and it just keeps saying: "This installation package could not be opened by Window Installer, you may not have access to it... etc. etc." Why is this happening? Is it something to do with my firewall settings or something? Origin is closed?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 07:43

andtheholyone wrote:So, sort of unrelated, but related. I originally got Sims 4 download from piratebay and not from games4theworld. After trying over and over again, I decided to just delete and uninstall it completely and install games4theworld's version. That way I wouldn't have to deal with compatibility with the upcoming GTW expansion. 

I downloaded G4TW's torrent of Sims 4, went to install it, and it just keeps saying: "This installation package could not be opened by Window Installer, you may not have access to it... etc. etc." Why is this happening? Is it something to do with my firewall settings or something? Origin is closed?

Hello,

I once wrote a small tutorial about a similar issue, here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18287-this-installation-package-could-not-be-opened-possible-fix

Check that out and let us know if that helped you in any way. Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top