Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fix to "Origin isn't running" [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fix to "Origin isn't running" [SOLVED] Empty Fix to "Origin isn't running" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 03:04

Elllllo! A lot of people are having issues with the origin isn't running window coming up. I was too, but then I figured  it out. If you have a sims 4 icon button that you push to pull up sims 4 DELETE IT. Then open up the new location for your sims 4 (that's if you moved it). It's probably something like

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electric Arts\The Sims 4

then go to Game > Bin > and click on TS4. 

Boom. Issue gone. Have fun <3 

All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Fix to "Origin isn't running" [SOLVED] Empty Re: Fix to "Origin isn't running" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 09:23

Didnt help, still getting Origin needs to be running error.

What i've done :
*Deleted Origin
*Windows Defender is always off
*Yes i've added all needed files to Anti-virus expectations list 
*Everything is from GTW

When i first applied that Ultimate fix by Carlos (the latest one) everything worked fine for ~2 days, until the "Origin needs to be Updated" poped up when wanted to start Sims 4. Deleted Origin,no more update needed ofc but still getting that error.

Re-sending Ultimate Fix in torrent by Sims Architect, hopefully if i re-apply it, it would work.

Back to top Go down

Fix to "Origin isn't running" [SOLVED] Empty Re: Fix to "Origin isn't running" [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 22:34

Fiddlies wrote:Didnt help, still getting Origin needs to be running error.

What i've done :
*Deleted Origin
*Everything is from GTW

When i first applied that Ultimate fix by Carlos (the latest one) everything worked fine for ~2 days, until the "Origin needs to be Updated" poped up when wanted to start Sims 4. Deleted Origin,no more update needed ofc but still getting that error.

Re-sending Ultimate Fix in torrent by Sims Architect, hopefully if i re-apply it, it would work.

Did you move all your files from Electric Arts in programs (x86)? and just have have them in a file of its own?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Aug 2015, 00:57

Fiddlies wrote:Didnt help, still getting Origin needs to be running error.

What i've done :
*Deleted Origin
*Everything is from GTW

//MOVED

Why is re-downloading the torrent from Sim Architect supposed to help here ? Smile  Most likely it will NOT, because it's the same as the fix in 5 parts. Just with the difference that in the torrent you have one part only.

As for the problem at hand, sometimes you need to ask the question of "how" your anti-virus program behaves. Some programs do NOT accept your input, even if you configure all exclusions. Sometimes people overlook options in anti-virus programs (they're typically much harder to configure, than most people think).

Either way, it's up to you to find out what is blocking the crack of the game. If you cannot do that, consider a fresh Windows re-install, as a last ditch-effort. And this time, do not install any "security"-software, if you can avoid it.

Sorry, but there are no easier ways to get around it.

RainbowMuffins wrote:Elllllo! A lot of people are having issues with the origin isn't running window coming up. I was too, but then I figured  it out. If you have a sims 4 icon button that you push to pull up sims 4 DELETE IT. Then open up the new location for your sims 4 (that's if you moved it). It's probably something like

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electric Arts\The Sims 4

then go to Game > Bin > and click on TS4. 

Boom. Issue gone. Have fun <3 

Fix to "Origin isn't running" [SOLVED] 4012137595

I'm happy to hear it's working for you. Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:49

Hello, I am from another thread and have been sent here by carlos.

Sorry, but I have tried this as well and it still has the problem. I have returned the laptop to my friend after 1 week of painstaking days and hours of downloading, installing, uninstalling, re-installing and etc. My friend is going to upgrade to windows 8.1 and I heard that it can solve the problem. 

Thanks for the help, anyway! Appreciate the reply! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 29 Aug 2015, 08:27

deask1997 wrote:Hello, I am from another thread and have been sent here by carlos.

Sorry, but I have tried this as well and it still has the problem. I have returned the laptop to my friend after 1 week of painstaking days and hours of downloading, installing, uninstalling, re-installing and etc. My friend is going to upgrade to windows 8.1 and I heard that it can solve the problem. 

Please, when you try again, follow the instructions in the VIDEO below and download the stuff from the link in its description at YouTube.

It is more up to date and it should work. Let us know if you need further assistance or if you got your game working. Thanks!

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 15:50

Sim Architect wrote:
deask1997 wrote:Hello, I am from another thread and have been sent here by carlos.

Please, when you try again, follow the instructions in the VIDEO below and download the stuff from the link in its description at YouTube.

It is more up to date and it should work. Let us know if you need further assistance or if you got your game working. Thanks!

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!
Hey, thanks for the suggestion but I managed to get it running on her laptop by upgrading it from windows 8 to windows 8.1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 01 Sep 2015, 16:15

deask1997 wrote:
Sim Architect wrote:

Hey, thanks for the suggestion but I managed to get it running on her laptop by upgrading it from windows 8 to windows 8.1.
AWESOME! Problem solved, topic closed. Happy simming!!!

Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top