Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't run the Sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't run the Sims 4. Empty Can't run the Sims 4.

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 22:45

Hi guys!  I'm new here.

First of all, i want to apologize for my bad English because i'm French x). Oh my...  

Well, some months ago i've download The Sims 4 on G4TW and since last week, i can't play at all. Wat.
I click on "The Sims 4" on my desktop but it doesn't open the game; without showing any error message. Facepalm
So i decided to remove the game to re-install it (what i just did) and i've also download the temporary uptdate files. I have download the 5 files one by one and followed all the instructions. Good job!
But the problem is still the same. ^^  Why.
So what can i do? I have download everything normally...  Ermahgerd
Have a nice day!  ♥️

Back to top Go down

Can't run the Sims 4. Empty Re: Can't run the Sims 4.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Aug 2015, 01:16

Nikita666 wrote:Hi guys!  I'm new here.

First of all, i want to apologize for my bad English because i'm French x). Oh my...  

Well, some months ago i've download The Sims 4 on G4TW and since last week, i can't play at all. Wat.
I click on "The Sims 4" on my desktop but it doesn't open the game; without showing any error message. Facepalm
So i decided to remove the game to re-install it (what i just did) and i've also download the temporary uptdate files. I have download the 5 files one by one and followed all the instructions. Good job!
Have a nice day!  ♥️

Hello and welcome,

The best advice I can give you is this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Ignore the part about avast (unless you yourself have avast, too), and focus on the parts about Windows Defender and the Windows firewall. Can't run the Sims 4. Icon_smile  And as for your main anti-virus program, if you have such, you'll need to figure out how to configure the exclusions properly. I suggest you add the location C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4 to the exclusions then.

After that, please re-extract the contents from the .RARs that you downloaded, and re-apply the Ultimate fix.

ALSO very important, delete all your old shortcuts to TS4 on the desktop. Navigate to the new install location - again, that's C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin - right-click on the TS4.exe, and select "send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)".

Now start the game again (from the new shortcut you made), and see if it works. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 16:48

Carlos wrote:
Nikita666 wrote:Hi guys!  I'm new here.

Have a nice day!  ♥️

Hello and welcome,

The best advice I can give you is this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

Ignore the part about avast (unless you yourself have avast, too), and focus on the parts about Windows Defender and the Windows firewall. Can't run the Sims 4. Icon_smile  And as for your main anti-virus program, if you have such, you'll need to figure out how to configure the exclusions properly. I suggest you add the location C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4 to the exclusions then.

After that, please re-extract the contents from the .RARs that you downloaded, and re-apply the Ultimate fix.

ALSO very important, delete all your old shortcuts to TS4 on the desktop. Navigate to the new install location - again, that's C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin - right-click on the TS4.exe, and select "send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)".

Now start the game again (from the new shortcut you made), and see if it works. Good luck !

Hello !
First, thank you for your help.
I did everything you told to and now when i click on "TS4" on my desktop i have this message: 
"Can not sart:
Unable to start because the performance data required are missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game"
I don't want to install the game a third time omg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 17:19

Can't run the Sims 4. Captur12

Don't have the third file. Can't install the game anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:37

Nikita666 wrote:Hello !
First, thank you for your help.
I did everything you told to and now when i click on "TS4" on my desktop i have this message:
"Can not sart:
Unable to start because the performance data required are missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game"
I don't want to install the game a third time omg.

Nikita666 wrote:Can't run the Sims 4. Captur12

Don't have the third file. Can't install the game anyway.

Hi there, @Nikita666, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Sorry, but what third file are you talking about? And why do you say that you can't install the game?

And are you getting the "Required data is missing or damaged" error, or the one that says "The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4", as you posted here? The solution is somewhat different for each of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:40

Idk, i tried to re-install the game and told me that the third file doesn't exist or something like that x) 
And i just remember that i've put the game on a key some months ago so i just put it on my computer, it worked but when i put the game in French it stopped working and i get a message "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4 and cannot be loaded... PLease uptade our game via Origin"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:42

So now my only problem is "Please update our game via Origin" x)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:48

Nikita666 wrote:Idk, i tried to re-install the game and told me that the third file doesn't exist or something like that x) 
And i just remember that i've put the game on a key some months ago so i just put it on my computer, it worked but when i put the game in French it stopped working and i get a message "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4 and cannot be loaded... PLease uptade our game via Origin"
Nikita666 wrote:So now my only problem is "Please update our game via Origin" x)

I see. That error should be fixed by applying the Ultimate Fix to the current location of the game correctly. It should be at Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4, if you moved it before as per the instructions.
You can also try temporarily taking the The Sims 4 folder located at Documents\Electronic Arts, and moving it somewhere else. Then, try starting the game. If the game starts up fine it should create a new folder there. Now you should look what version of the game you have, and is working at the moment. If you are getting this error, the game may be outdated.

But if the game doesn't work even then, I'll have to ask you to clarify. What steps have you followed exactly, since the beginning? It would be a lot better if you are very explicit about what you have done, and where you are standing right now. If you get any errors, you could also post some screenshots here. Even if they are in French, it's easier for us to understand.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:00

Oh wow thank youuu, it's working, i just moved the "Electronic Arts" folder on my desktop! c:
Okay if you want to know all i did, here it is from the begining:
Some months ago i have download the Sims 4 on G4TW and since the last week my game stopped working for no reasons. And without any error message.
So yesterday i decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it with the last Ultimate fix.
But my problem was still the same so today i have removed TS4 another time and when i tried to reinstall it told me that "The third file is missing". I don't know which file but it open a windows with some files (as you can seee in the screenshot i've post earlier).
So i was like "Hhh **** what's wrong?" and remember that i have TS4 on a SD key! So i put the game on my computer and "The Sims 4" folder is on my desktop.
I tried to play and it worked ! So i have decided to turn the game to French and i got the error "Origin not running" so i closed it and then got the error "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4 and cannot be loaded... PLease uptade our game via Origin". 
Then i moved the folder "Electronic Arts" from my Documents to my Desktop and now i can play! 
So thank you so much for your time and your help! c: 
Have a nice day.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:02

Nikita666 wrote:Oh wow thank youuu, it's working, i just moved the "Electronic Arts" folder on my desktop! c:
Okay if you want to know all i did, here it is from the begining:
Some months ago i have download the Sims 4 on G4TW and since the last week my game stopped working for no reasons. And without any error message.
So yesterday i decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it with the last Ultimate fix.
But my problem was still the same so today i have removed TS4 another time and when i tried to reinstall it told me that "The third file is missing". I don't know which file but it open a windows with some files (as you can seee in the screenshot i've post earlier).
So i was like "Hhh **** what's wrong?" and remember that i have TS4 on a SD key! So i put the game on my computer and "The Sims 4" folder is on my desktop.
I tried to play and it worked ! So i have decided to turn the game to French and i got the error "Origin not running" so i closed it and then got the error "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4 and cannot be loaded... PLease uptade our game via Origin". 
Then i moved the folder "Electronic Arts" from my Documents to my Desktop and now i can play! 
So thank you so much for your time and your help! c: 
Have a nice day.♥️

Glad to hear that! Very Happy

And your game is at the latest version? Do you also have the DLC?

Let us know if you need help with anything else, or if you consider your problem solved now. Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:13

I do have the Get to work and Nature destination version :3 But i'm sure to have the last version of the game, i don't see Newcrest or Spa Day. I through that i've install the last Ultimate fix correctly but... no as i can see xD And also i tried to put some Mods in the Elctronic Arts folder but when i do, the error came back so i removed them and i can play now.
I would really like to add some Mods to my game tbh. x)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:16

Ok i have check the .Rar files for the Temporary Ultimate Fix and all are 850Mo but not the number 3 & the 5. So i think i have to dowload them again? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:28

Nikita666 wrote:I do have the Get to work and Nature destination version :3 But i'm sure to have the last version of the game, i don't see Newcrest or Spa Day. I through that i've install the last Ultimate fix correctly but... no as i can see xD And also i tried to put some Mods in the Elctronic Arts folder but when i do, the error came back so i removed them and i can play now.
I would really like to add some Mods to my game tbh. x)

Nikita666 wrote:Ok i have check the .Rar files for the Temporary Ultimate Fix and all are 850Mo but not the number 3 & the 5. So i think i have to dowload them again? Smile

The Part 3 should indeed be 850 MB, but Part 5 should be around 770 MB, more or less. You should indeed update your game to the latest version before trying to add Mods to the game, as they may be incompatible with your game version.

Remember to read the Installation Guide that is included on the Ultimate Fix, and follow it very carefully. Also read this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20953-temporary-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-version-1-10-57-1020-out-now

Do let us know if you have any more questions, or if you encounter any other problems. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 20:39

Hi again!
My game is updated! I have everything finally! 
So i tried to add my old CC to my game but i have this error message:
"Can not start: unable to start the game cause the performance data required are missing or damaged please try to reinstall the game."
And when i put my Mods off, i can play. 
They worked before, i mean before my game stopped to work last week so i don't know what to do cause i really like to play with Custom Content.^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 20:47

@SeoY I have 164 CC, is it too much? xD Is it the reason why it's not working ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 21:40

Nikita666 wrote:Hi again!
My game is updated! I have everything finally! 
So i tried to add my old CC to my game but i have this error message:
"Can not start: unable to start the game cause the performance data required are missing or damaged please try to reinstall the game."
And when i put my Mods off, i can play. 
They worked before, i mean before my game stopped to work last week so i don't know what to do cause i really like to play with Custom Content.^^

Nikita666 wrote:@SeoY I have 164 CC, is it too much? xD Is it the reason why it's not working ?

Great to hear that! Very Happy

The most probable cause for that is that one of your Mods or CC is outdated, and doesn't work with the latest version. Do you have any Mods or are they just CC objects?

If you want to keep your CC, you'll have to locate what is causing problems. To do that, start splitting the list in half, and put just one half in. See if the game starts. If it does, then put the other one. Whichever half is the one causing problems will be split in half again, and the process needs to be repeated. Do this until you find the Mod(s) causing problems.

Do let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 23:05

Hey @SeoY !
I did what you told me to and now i can play with my CC and everything! Very Happy
I'm really happy, thank you for your help.
I have a last question (hope i don't bother you).
Can i create my own Custom Contents with the G4TW version of the Sims 4?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top