Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Followed All instructions But Sims 4 will not launch in Windows 10.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Followed All instructions But Sims 4 will not launch in Windows 10. Empty Followed All instructions But Sims 4 will not launch in Windows 10.

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 03:33

I followed through all instructions, added the two DLCs, applied the hotfix, moved the folder but the game does not launch at all. There is no pop up or anything.

Any help?!

Back to top Go down

Followed All instructions But Sims 4 will not launch in Windows 10. Empty Re: Followed All instructions But Sims 4 will not launch in Windows 10.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jun 2016, 09:34

Lazarth wrote:I followed through all instructions, added the two DLCs, applied the hotfix, moved the folder but the game does not launch at all. There is no pop up or anything.

Any help?!

Hello and welcome to the forum @Lazarth,

What anti-virus software do you have, besides Windows Defender ? You must make sure to add the install location (and Downloads-folder) on your computer, to the "exclusions" in your anti-virus. See for example this guide, to learn about the basics.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Then you re-download the crack-files here:
https://goo.gl/18ui6w

Copy and paste them to the Base Game\Bin-folder, which (if you followed the instructions), should be located under C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. Replace all existing files when prompted.

Good luck, and take your time for doing these things, even if it may look difficult !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Followed All instructions But Sims 4 will not launch in Windows 10. Empty Re: Followed All instructions But Sims 4 will not launch in Windows 10.

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:03

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem.  I have followed the instructions for dling and installing Sims 4, Get to Work, and Get Together.  Dled and installed the hotfix, moved the folder, made sure my anti-virus was disabled during the download and install process, added all folders to my exclusions list. And nothing. When I try to open the game I get absolutely nothing.  Spinning circle for a second, and then nothing at all.

I dled and installed the crack again, as suggested by @The_Gh0stm4n and still nothing.

Would really love any help.  I've been trying to get this game working for days, patiently trying and trying again.  It's become a mission I must accomplish.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:21

Hello,
here are couple of possible solutions.

Go to the C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder.
Find lastCrash.txt and lastException.txt files and delete them.
After you’ve deleted those files try running Sims 4 again.

Right click the Sims 4 shortcut.
Select Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select older version of Windows.
Check Run this program as administrator.
Click Apply and then OK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2016, 17:11

When you notice some cursor activity and then nothing happens, then Origin is active on your computer.
Check taskbar, near the clock, click on the ^ sign en look in the window for an origin icon.
Close it.
If that is the case, login on Origin, click on Applications Settings, uncheck Origin automatically starting with Windows

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jul 2016, 17:27

Hi, thank you very much for the replies.  I made sure Origin wasn't running, and then I right clicked on the icon and set it to compatibility mode with an older version of windows, and clicked run as administrator. And now I get a popup that says that Origin isn't running and that I must run Origin to play.  So that's some progress, I guess.  But I still have yet to be able to open and play the game. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jul 2016, 18:57

Try this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jul 2016, 21:13

Windows 7 (Ultimate) is still the best. 

Haters gonna hate Warning: TEA
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jul 2016, 22:10

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Windows 7 (Ultimate) is still the best. 

Haters gonna hate Warning: TEA
Not True! I have been using Windows 10 from day one and it beats all Windows versions hands down! Also I have installed SIMS 4 with the instructions to the "T" without any issues on both my wife's and my computer without Zero Issues! The biggest problem that many users face is a lack of knowledge towards how important a foundation is to an OS. Corrupted Registry, Corrupted DDL files, Malwares, bad installed software running in the background, and the list goes on. A computer Hardware weaken by over heating and time also faulty RAM, a bad sector on the hard drive, and that is just hardware issues... if the hardware is solid and this is only determined via hours of testing with special procedures and software then you move to the software phase which to the average user is not possible. The software troubleshooting can not be diagnosed over the phone and not via the internet, never trust those routes.... A good qualified friend or a tech you trust can insure your computer system is solid (do not ask them to install this version of SIMS for you!!!). It has to start there before even wanting to install this version of the SIMS 4 to insure you have an enjoyable experience.

Windows 7 is getting too old!!!!!! and for the Home Prem version support is over in three years!! Microsoft knows the the Windows 7 Ultimate version is the version that has been used far too long in the not so legal matter!! Windows 7 is now 7 years old! the life of an OS on the internet is 10 years and then that is still too old. Windows 10 is by far the best Windows ever come out as far as Windows goes but let us all take a reality pill... Windows is the only platform for good true gaming!! So we are stuck with it! Windows 7 is build on a foundation full of holes! more than Windows 10 and Windows 7 comes from XP and Vista let us not forget.. Sad((( XP was fast but holes and crashes now way too old!

I legally purchased the whole SIMS 3 but I cannot afford the SIMS 4... not yet... so no words can ever express the gratitude and HARD WORK to all those involved in giving us all this FREE opportunity to try and play for hours on end this version of SIMS 4. I come from a generation of Respect, Gratitude and try to Pay it Forward instead of the opposite to which I am surrounded day in and day out.

I have been a Computer Consultant since 1982 and never claimed to know more than others in my field... but as a Tech I know that when a software does not work after following the instructions it is not as easy as changing a burned light bulb! All the above has to be ruled out... so for the most parts in many of my jobs I had the do a CLEAN Install and ONLY install what I knew worked and was solid then the SIMS 4 worked like a CHARM!

I wished it was as easy as a light bulb! because having a loving and caring heart as I do I would be able to sleep at night after a hard days work, but instead I am always filled with anxieties because no one has patience, kindness, support and understanding that computers are not like a TV.... Computers are run with software that is 100% modifiable and that is the core of many issues!

This version of the SIMS 4 along with its instructions ARE THE BEST AND SIMPLEST I have ever come across! I BOW with Gratitude, Respect and Validation for all those involved! and I stand proud clapping my hands to them and shouting to that community "BRAVO!!"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

On a very low income (because my wife is disable) and my Boss is very abusive in an industry that ROBS people I have no other choice and my physical health only allows me to work 26 hours a week!

Please... to all those that cannot make this SIMS 4 work after following the instructions to a "T"... find a good friend TECH or get your system serviced by a TECH you trust to insure the hardware and software is sound and that there are no underlying issues first... then the SIMS 4 will work!

I know what I am talking about (not being condescending or belittling anyone) a solid hardware and software including the OS is the key then after that good security suites. I use the free version of Avira and I purchased Malwarebytes. I use only Firefox with add-ons such as adblock plus and WOT... this keeps the bad stuff away Smile)))

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jul 2016, 22:30

Welcome to the forum @moemac,

Sorry to hear about your difficult (personal) situation. The Sims 4 is expensive indeed. 

As for Windows, I actually had Windows 10 installed on another hard-drive. When I started getting blackscreens randomnly when playing games, I formatted that drive and am now using it for storage. I am now using again exclusively Windows 7 Ultimate.

I also had The Sims 4 and various other games installed on Windows 10, with no problems whatsoever. I am not a "computer science/IT expert" at all, although my knowledge is good enough to navigate through most day-to-day issues. And we do give TeamViewer-support to users too, and a lot of problems can be solved that way.

I grant you that you have more IT experience than I myself will ever have probably, and yes, Windows 10 is built on a different foundation than Windows 7. However, from a purely pragmatic perspective (!) this doesn't help me at all. I can't bear these blackscreens, which can only be remedied by turning off the power. Maybe it is because one of my drivers in that computer is not really compatible with Windows 10. But in the end, I will continue using Windows 7. At least until I get a better computer. I also grant other people that they may be able to use Windows 10 with no, or at least fewer problems. But again, this does not help me, in my situation, at all.

One other problematic aspect of Windows 10 is that its "Windows Defender" cannot be turned off directly, unless you use some dubious (?) tweaks or install third-party anti-virus software. And that is the thing that I know about; there may be more stuff which is unknown. Either way I would like to stay in control with what I use, and the fact that the "Defender" cannot be turned off directly does not necessarily make it easier for the average user on here. Of course, you can configure exclusions, but again, for the average G4TW visitor you need to apply ultra-simple methods. Even though there may be other disadvantages, but experience shows you must simplify stuff as much as possible.

Also, Windows 10 may become better/more stable in the future, so we'll have to see. Which was also the implication of my previous message, when I said "Windows 7 is still the best", meaning still at present. I do concede though, that in terms of general (practical) usability, I like Windows 10 a bit more than Windows 8.

Yes, there may be security-related loopholes in Windows 7, but that is due to the age of the system. However, if you are the type of person that just turns on the computer in order to play games or watch videos, then it's most likely not going to have much of an impact. On the other hand, if you are the type of person doing lots of online-banking or working with sensitive data, either in a corporate or state capacity, then it may impact you more.

Since we are getting off-topic, you may want to open a new thread in the Software-subsection, if you wish to discuss more. Smile

We've got a Carloz.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2016, 12:29

simmer_tony wrote:Try this.

Okay, I tried that.  Followed instructions to a T and still get the Origins isn't running error message.

Back to top Go down

Followed All instructions But Sims 4 will not launch in Windows 10. Empty Might Help

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 04:11

I might have a solution because the game wouldn't load for me at one point. Its not a fix or anything just might be a solution to someone. 

You're going to have to go into C:/ program files x86/ the sims 4/game/ bin/ then right click TS4.exe and run as admin

That's the only way i can play it so i hope that helps someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top