Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - No options available in the starting screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - No options available in the starting screen Empty Sims 3 - No options available in the starting screen

Post by Guest Fri 18 Sep 2015, 08:05

Hey so I've been following the ultimate sims 3 setup guide and I've got to the stage of opening up the game. The intro plays and the loading screen works then the start new game screen appears. 
Unfortunately at this point there's nothing I can click that seems to do anything. All of the click down menus (Like the select town) are empty and the new game and done button at the bottom doesn't do anything. I've included a picture so you can see what's going on
I've had a look through the forums and couldn't find a fix for this and I feel like I've done my due diligence trying to get it to work myself before posting (I've deleted and reinstalled three times now) but I'm hoping someone can point out a stupid error I've made Smile
I'm running it on a mac and I'm using "The SIMS 3 complete (OS X)" files with most of the expansions that I'm sure others are familiar with

Sims 3 - No options available in the starting screen Img_1411

Last edited by Spenceley on Fri 18 Sep 2015, 13:13; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - No options available in the starting screen Empty Re: Sims 3 - No options available in the starting screen

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 18 Sep 2015, 12:08

Hello,

I've moved your topic to the Mac section! I hope Phoebe can help you soon.

One thing that you can try however, is to install the manual 1.67 patch (again). I'm not familiar with Mac at all, but I believe you can try this without negative consequences, and it seems to work on PC! You'll find the patch for Mac here, as well as a couple of other fixes for known problems on Mac.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - No options available in the starting screen Empty Re: Sims 3 - No options available in the starting screen

Post by Guest Fri 18 Sep 2015, 12:17

Thank you! Hopefully someone with more mac expertise than myself can get me sorted here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Sep 2015, 23:25

Finally with a clean install this morning I've got everything running and I'm very happy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top