Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 - Blue screen of Death, freezing, computer not starting.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 - Blue screen of Death, freezing, computer not starting. Empty Sims 4 - Blue screen of Death, freezing, computer not starting.

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 18:08

I don't know if this is the right section or even the right site to post it to, but I'm desperate for help.
I'm using a pirated copy of TS4. I've used 3DM's version and currently using Reloaded's version; the following happens with BOTH versions:
After a few days of playing my computer started to act out, freezing while playing, refusing to start, freezing on startup..and a few weeks ago I started getting the Blue Screen of Death every now and then. I got rid of 3DM's version and didn't play for a few days. No problems whatsoever with my computer! Then I decided to try reloaded's version and it worked for a while. Then a few days ago I got Blue screen of death again. I haven't dared to start the game since. I've posted on a few support sites for the cracked version but I haven't got a single response, thus I'm writing here.
I do have anti-virus, but it ALWAYS shouts when I download a crack or dll, so I didn't think there was a real problem. But it's obviously TS4 that is causing this as nothing happens when I remove the game.
Any clues on this?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 - Blue screen of Death, freezing, computer not starting. Empty Re: Sims 4 - Blue screen of Death, freezing, computer not starting.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:12

Scarow wrote:I don't know if this is the right section or even the right site to post it to, but I'm desperate for help.
I'm using a pirated copy of TS4. I've used 3DM's version and currently using Reloaded's version; the following happens with BOTH versions:
After a few days of playing my computer started to act out, freezing while playing, refusing to start, freezing on startup..and a few weeks ago I started getting the Blue Screen of Death every now and then. I got rid of 3DM's version and didn't play for a few days. No problems whatsoever with my computer! Then I decided to try reloaded's version and it worked for a while. Then a few days ago I got Blue screen of death again. I haven't dared to start the game since. I've posted on a few support sites for the cracked version but I haven't got a single response, thus I'm writing here.
I do have anti-virus, but it ALWAYS shouts when I download a crack or dll, so I didn't think there was a real problem. But it's obviously TS4 that is causing this as nothing happens when I remove the game.
Any clues on this?

//MOVED

Hello Scarow and welcome,

But that's usually not directly related to the software itself, but has other reasons like faulty hardware and such. Do you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8 ? If so, when you get a bluescreen and then re-boot the computer, you should end up witha  window on the desktop, with some details about the bluescreen. Can you please post here the contents of the message (or make a screenshot) ? Especially important would be the part beginning with BCCode.

Or when you get a bluescreen, memorize the string beginning with 0x0000....and then memorize the last 3 numbers and/or letters of that string. But I guess it's a bit easier to make a screenshot of the message when you get again to the desktop next time, after the bluescreen. Smile  Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 - Blue screen of Death, freezing, computer not starting. Empty Re: Sims 4 - Blue screen of Death, freezing, computer not starting.

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:20

I have Windows 7 64-Bit(if that makes a difference) =)
Thanks for answering, I'll post here again next time I get a Blue Screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:26

Scarow wrote:I have Windows 7 64-Bit(if that makes a difference) =)
Thanks for answering, I'll post here again next time I get a Blue Screen.

Actually, that doesn't matter. While I'm at it: do you have the same issue with other games/software too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:39

No, it just started happening when I first got The Sims 4, 3DM version. Someone asked me to download "BlueScreenView" and I just did. I'm not sure I understand how to use it properly, but hopefully it will also give me some ideas on what the problem is on the next crash.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:41

Scarow wrote:No, it just started happening when I first got The Sims 4, 3DM version. Someone asked me to download "BlueScreenView" and I just did. I'm not sure I understand how to use it properly, but hopefully it will also give me some ideas on what the problem is on the next crash.

The thing is that if you also get that with other games, it's an even stronger indicator for faulty hardware. If you want, go ahead and download (and install) any other game you like. And try it.

But yes, good luck again and keep us posted ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:44

I have plenty of other games on my computer, none of them has ever done this, so I'm pretty sure it's just TS4.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Dec 2014, 11:05

Scarow wrote:I have plenty of other games on my computer, none of them has ever done this, so I'm pretty sure it's just TS4.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
Thank you!

What games, for example, and if I may ask ? Smile 

But yes, take your time to either memorize the code, or look at the BCCode information after the re-boot (Windows Vista and later). Keep us posted and good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Dec 2014, 13:27

Installed, I have.. Vampire the masquerade; Bloodlines, American McGee's Alice, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Unreal Tournament 2004, World of Warcraft, The sims 1 complete collection, The Sims 2, some Steam games..the only ones that are not pirated is The Sims 2(downloaded via Origin), World of Warcraft and my Steam games(Garrys mod, TF, Trine..).
Luckily, I was able to play for a while last night without any crashes and my computer started without a problem today! Can't complain about that. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 08 Dec 2014, 19:40

Scarow wrote:Installed, I have.. Vampire the masquerade; Bloodlines, American McGee's Alice, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Unreal Tournament 2004, World of Warcraft, The sims 1 complete collection, The Sims 2, some Steam games..the only ones that are not pirated is The Sims 2(downloaded via Origin), World of Warcraft and my Steam games(Garrys mod, TF, Trine..).
Luckily, I was able to play for a while last night without any crashes and my computer started without a problem today! Can't complain about that. Smile

On my old computer, I had these issues too, every now and then: bluescreens that go away as quickly as they came. I'll leave the topic open for a while, and do make sure to playtest the thing a little more. And post back about your results. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 07:07

Well to be honest I haven't had a single blue screen since I started this topic..it's really odd and now I feel like a dummy for even creating this topic when it's not happening right now. But if I know my computer right, it will come again soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 09 Dec 2014, 20:51

Scarow wrote:Well to be honest I haven't had a single blue screen since I started this topic..it's really odd and now I feel like a dummy for even creating this topic when it's not happening right now. But if I know my computer right, it will come again soon.

How old is your computer ? And how often are you using it (= how often do you have it turned on each day) ? If bluescreens happen more frequently out of nowhere, and your computer is a bit old already, then it miht be a sign of "slow" hardware failure. I also had that back then. One day, I suddenly started getting blue screens, which went away temporarily though.

After a while, they became not only more and more frequent, but they also led to the total collapse of my old hard-drive. Yes, do keep us posted - I will leave the thread open for now. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 21:07

I have no clue whatsoever how old this computer is unfortunately. I got it from my uncle a little more than a year ago and he's had it for quite a while. I asked him and he says he can't remember, so I have no idea what to answer. However my GPU is Nvidia Geforce G210 which came 2009, if that is relevant.  Oh my...
I just recently started turning it off at nights then back at mornings, it's on all day long and I sit by it most of the time. I couldn't turn it off for a while because it refused to start up properly, the screen wouldn't get any power, it just shut off again, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Dec 2014, 21:46

Scarow wrote:I have no clue whatsoever how old this computer is unfortunately. I got it from my uncle a little more than a year ago and he's had it for quite a while. I asked him and he says he can't remember, so I have no idea what to answer. However my GPU is Nvidia Geforce G210 which came 2009, if that is relevant.  Oh my...
I just recently started turning it off at nights then back at mornings, it's on all day long and I sit by it most of the time. I couldn't turn it off for a while because it refused to start up properly, the screen wouldn't get any power, it just shut off again, etc.

Sorry for the late reply, but that looks like failing hardware to me. If it used to be "on all day long", this took a toll on the hardware, especially the hard-drive. 

If you can, try saving up for something new, as your current system might not last too long anymore. Alternatively, you can try replacing ONLY the hard-drive, and then re-install Windows (and all other software/games you need) on it. See if that makes any difference in terms of performance. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Dec 2014, 23:28

I have re-installed the computer, plenty of times. I had another blue screen yesterday, and according to the "BlueScreenView" thing it was because of Nvidia it seems. So I suppose you're right, it looks like the computer is dying. Thanks for the replies, but it doesn't look like there's anything else I, or others, can do about it. Time to save up for a new computer!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 15 Dec 2014, 16:02

Scarow wrote:I have re-installed the computer, plenty of times. I had another blue screen yesterday, and according to the "BlueScreenView" thing it was because of Nvidia it seems. So I suppose you're right, it looks like the computer is dying. Thanks for the replies, but it doesn't look like there's anything else I, or others, can do about it. Time to save up for a new computer!

What I was trying to suggest is that you should consider replacing only some parts of the computer, if possible for you. Smile  So if you think that the graphics card component is damaged, try getting a new graphics card. Or if you can pinpoint the issue down to a faulty hard-drive, buy a new one, and replace the old hard-drive (if you replace the hard-drive, all your data will be gone of course, and you must re-install Windows on that NEW hard-drive too).

Of course, if you're not confident enough in things like that, you may try letting a professional computer repair technician have a look at that. 

Bottom line is this: look for the option that is most feasible in your opinion. Do you still want to play with that computer (and save a bit of money) ? Then try replacing the faulty parts.

Do you want to start over freshly ? Then try saving up for a brand-new system instead. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 17:27

Oh right, I'm sorry. I get nervous when writing to people so I end up forgetting what they wrote.
I've looked up prices and whatnot and it seems to be an awful lot of work for just replacing a few parts. I think it might be better to just buy a new one, even if it's a little more expensive. When my husband bought his computer, he only bought the parts for it and built it up himself, that way saving money. So I think that may be the better option. However, neither him nor me knows what parts to get if I want a computer that can at least handle The Sims games with higher graphics, have a lot of space AND be able to handle mods. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 21 Dec 2014, 23:16

Scarow wrote:Oh right, I'm sorry. I get nervous when writing to people so I end up forgetting what they wrote.
I've looked up prices and whatnot and it seems to be an awful lot of work for just replacing a few parts. I think it might be better to just buy a new one, even if it's a little more expensive. When my husband bought his computer, he only bought the parts for it and built it up himself, that way saving money. So I think that may be the better option. However, neither him nor me knows what parts to get if I want a computer that can at least handle The Sims games with higher graphics, have a lot of space AND be able to handle mods. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the late reply, but have a look at this guide here. And specifically, at Admin's post there about the basics of building a desktop computer. 

To give you very rough guidelines about what a "decent" desktop computer for playing games should have, here is this:

- A CPU with approximately 3 GHz
- A GPU (graphics card) with about 2GBs of video RAM (VRAM)
- And at least 8GB of RAM. These are the RAM modules that are inserted into the motherboard, and which serve as "general     RAM" to run Windows and other applications on your computer
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top