Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 crashes after upgrading to Windows 10.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 crashes after upgrading to Windows 10. Empty Sims 3 crashes after upgrading to Windows 10.

Post by Guest Fri 18 Sep 2015, 19:55

I updated my OS to windows 10 and now I'm having issues with my Sims 3 ;( It runs the launcher just fine but when it starts loading the game the screen stays black and the cursor is blue circle , circling like its loading, but then it crashes and returns me to my home screen. I did however update the game with the patch that the Origin requires to do so, could that have made my sims game stop working properly? It was working just fine before I updated to Windows 10. Please help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes after upgrading to Windows 10. Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes after upgrading to Windows 10.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:06

Hello,

Welcome to the forum! I've split your reply from the topic you posted in, we find it easier to work with individual people in their own topic.

Can you check which patch level you're at? 
You can always try these suggestions to help solve problems with crashing, but it may also be useful to make sure you have the latest hardware drivers to ensure compatibility with your new OS.

I'm using Windows 10 myself and I experienced some problems due to my dual graphics, so you may also want to check your system settings.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 crashes after upgrading to Windows 10. Empty Re: Sims 3 crashes after upgrading to Windows 10.

Post by Guest Sat 19 Sep 2015, 21:46

I'm Going to try The DEP option, because i did the first solution and didn't work. THank you for your help. I'll let you know if it works, and hopefully if anyone runs into this same issue , they will have a solution to their problem. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top