Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 crashes, then blue screen appears and Windows is rebooting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 crashes, then blue screen appears and Windows is rebooting Empty The Sims 3 crashes, then blue screen appears and Windows is rebooting

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 21:38

Hi,

I thought I've installed everything successfully but unfortunately after a few hours of playing the game crashed for the first time.
Black screen showed up, then the game 'came back' for a minute and soon a black screen showed up again. After a couple of minutes a blue screen with some text appeared. And Windows restarted.
I tried to reboot and run the sims again and again but it started happening more often.

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it? Or maybe there's something wrong with my PC not the game?

Monika

The Sims 3 crashes, then blue screen appears and Windows is rebooting 2vjvd47

Last edited by sugahh on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 21:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 crashes, then blue screen appears and Windows is rebooting Empty Re: The Sims 3 crashes, then blue screen appears and Windows is rebooting

Post by t2sink Sat 27 Oct 2012, 23:03

Googled igdkmd64.sys a bit, and it could be The Sims 3 trying to get your integrated graphics card to do something, and it's not receive it correctly or doesn't know what to do.

This article for example. http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/78264-blue-screen-death-when-playing-sims-3-recently.html

So check for updates for Microsoft/Window's, if none for your graphics card, have to check your manufacturer's website to see if there is a update, since Intel recommends you do that first.

Side-note: I'm confused why it's a error with your 64 bit driver, since The Sims 3 I would guess would use the 32 bit driver.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 crashes, then blue screen appears and Windows is rebooting Empty Re: The Sims 3 crashes, then blue screen appears and Windows is rebooting

Post by Guest Sun 28 Oct 2012, 10:09

Thanks for answering!

I tried deleting Electronic Arts folder in Documents, updating all availible updates for Windows (also those optional). I checked if my graphics card drivers are updated and it says that they are.
I lost my saves so I tried playing from the start, I was able to create a new family and buy a house. I saved my game and went to sleep. Today I tried playing and the game crashed imediately after lounching.

I sent the picture to my brother he thinks that it may be because my laptop 'has been through a lot' and something may be wrong with hardware or Windows needs to be reinstalled (it's been installed recently because the hard drive was replaced).

If you have any other suggestions I'll be grateful.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 28 Oct 2012, 12:14

Hello,

Hmm if it has been reinstalled recently, I doubt reinstalling Windows would help at this point. It would probably be a good idea to make sure you have all the latest hardware drivers.
What I'd be interested in is which expansion/stuffpacks you're using. Perhaps you're trying to use too many for your system to handle. The game becomes more difficult to handle with each new addition. I've had to downsize myself because the game had become unplayable.
It may also be helpful to have a look here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 08:38

Thanks for the advice and for this link. I'm going to check it out later and let you know if it helped.
I think I'm also going to downsize to only few expansions because I've installed almost all of them except for Supernatural and Katy Perry's sweet treats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 29 Oct 2012, 15:53

Hello,

Please let us know the result, good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top