Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to work jobs aren't working. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get to work jobs aren't working. [SOLVED] Empty Get to work jobs aren't working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 19 Sep 2015, 22:39

I installed get to work and used the (last) ultimate fix, and everything is working perfectly exept the new 'get to work' jobs (doctor, detective, scientist). I can go to work with my sims but I can't see the tasks the have to complete. I see the place where they should come up, but I only see a grey icon and there isn't any text. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Back to top Go down

Get to work jobs aren't working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Get to work jobs aren't working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 18:26

Hi,

I am also having a similar problem, I can't read the job tasks there's just a llama icon there.

Back to top Go down

Get to work jobs aren't working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Get to work jobs aren't working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 20 Sep 2015, 23:49

I have the same problem. I just installed it today, and the same thing happening to me. Just the llama symbol on, and currently doing very bad at work  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd. Anyways to fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 17:20

I'm having the same problem and it was after I installed The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix 1.10.57.1020, before functioned perfectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 05:51

I am having the same issues. Also, when I tell my sim to do a task, they just stand there and nothing is added to the task list. 

I am also having an issue with reading my notifications; I will press the little downward arrow on a notification but not get any more details.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 06:37

I am having the same exact issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 16:31

i added the get to work pack to my sims 4 and i cant go with them to work at all WhatDidUJustCallMe?  can anyone tell me what i could of done wrong? i added it like it said to .....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 18:21

Yep, same issue. Came here to ask about it and found this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 19:58

Same problem with mine. It only happened after I installed the new fix. I thought I did something wrong...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 20:24

I am also having the same issue and it's really annoying. I also thought I'd done something wrong but even after reinstalling and reapplying I get the same issues. I hope there is a fix for this fix soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 00:17

download another torrent then

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 01:54

I had the same problem and I'm not sure if this was the best solution, but I downloaded SimArchitect's torrent for the custom content from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBHwvwaE2TM and just slapped that on top of my files, if that makes sense? I haven't played long enough to see if there's any negative repercussions, but my Scientist can finally have a productive day at work again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 18:24

Same issue Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 18:26

Neon-Dusk, check if Magnolia Promenade is missing or not. If missing, then you have the same problem I had. Delete then reinstall sims 4. Just to be safe, back-up your user files @ Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 22:37

nyadaffodil wrote:I had the same problem and I'm not sure if this was the best solution, but I downloaded SimArchitect's torrent for the custom content from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBHwvwaE2TM and just slapped that on top of my files, if that makes sense? I haven't played long enough to see if there's any negative repercussions, but my Scientist can finally have a productive day at work again.

Thank you! This solution worked for me, I only overwrote the Game, Data and Delta folders. No negative effects so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 23:46

@nyadaffodil 's

fix worked for me, and I had both problems related to Get to Work and Outdoor retreat that many people are having since the most recent ultimate fix.

-I didn't have any goals or couldn't make my sims complete any tasks when I 'joined' my sims in Get to Work
-I did not have the 'Go on Vacation' option 

you do not have to reinstall the game. 

I used the link from the Pirate Bay.

Extract and apply just like you would the Ultimate fix. 

All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 14:25

That's a 4GB download though? We need to re-download 4GB to fix this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 15:55

Yes, downloading a different torrent worked for me as well. On to the Scientist career!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 18:00

I had the same issue, with the medical career, downloaded the files and now it works!
Thank you! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Sep 2015, 00:30

Someone post this fix on the vacation problem, I cant post links.

It fixes issues with Outdoor Retreat,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 10:19

Narz wrote:That's a 4GB download though? We need to re-download 4GB to fix this?

If you find the one on Kickass that isn't a RAR file, you just need download the Game, Data and Delta Folders, that brings it down to just over 1GB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 12:30

I think Get To Work are not working well because it is not included in the latest fix. I don't know if that is the reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Oct 2015, 07:11

I downloaded the files, and everything works now. it's 4GB, but I was able to download it pretty fast, and I had it fixed within an hour. So i'm happy.  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Oct 2015, 09:28

I always come to this forum like  Why God. and leave like  Carlos is tha man!!!  I downloaded the files & can finally enjoy my Detective career like old times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 21:29

There is a way to save MOST of the download time using the KAT (unpacked) version of his DL.  If you are not comfortable manipulating files in the filesystem and doing more than just waiting for your torrent client to finish, this is probably not for you.

Set up a folder (for safety, this should be a different folder than the two we're copying from) with the files from the Ultimate Fix from Games4theWorld, then copy into it the EP01 folders from the Games4theWorld download (assuming you've already gotten both) making sure to put them in the same locations relatively.  The EP01 folders are in the main DL folder as well as under "__Installer" and "Delta".  Then tell your torrent client to DL the KAT version to the SAME folder you just set up.  Stop the torrent and tell it to do a "Force Re-Check" (if your client doesn't have this, rebooting may help, otherwise I have no real suggestions).

This process should find the files you've placed in the folder, and WHERE THEY MATCH call them done.  I ended up with just under 200MB to download, a SIGNIFICANT reduction from the original 4.29 GB.  Your mileage may vary, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Last edited by Vaesse on Sun 18 Oct 2015, 21:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Slight clarification.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top