Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix Major Issue, Possible Virus in Current Version

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix Major Issue, Possible Virus in Current Version Empty The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix Major Issue, Possible Virus in Current Version

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 04:19

I am not seeking any help, but I would like to post a simple warning. I have downloaded the Ultimate Fix plenty of times before from you guys with no issue whatsoever. But today I wanted to download it again after I got my new PC. I scanned the torrent download just to be safe and every time I scanned it, I got a warning from my virus scanner saying that the download for the Ultimate Fix has a virus in it named Hadsruda!bit. I googled it and it can harm your PC by crashing your memory, eat up your memory, and cause random PC shutdowns. I deleted the download immediately before installing it. I downloaded the ultimate fix twice to see if it was just a random thing but I still got that same virus again.  I ask the admins to please look into this issue before others harm their PC. I've attached a link below showing the virus's name.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/31/03/screen18.png

Sincerely, Prawns.

EDIT: The virus has been traced back to the RldOrigin.dll, hopefully the site admins can fix this.

Last edited by xxprawnsxx on Tue 22 Sep 2015, 16:04; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix Major Issue, Possible Virus in Current Version Empty Re: The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix Major Issue, Possible Virus in Current Version

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 19:10

Thanks for the warning. I just downloaded it, hopefully we get some clarification on this.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix Major Issue, Possible Virus in Current Version Empty Re: The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix Major Issue, Possible Virus in Current Version

Post by coolcandy3001 Mon 21 Sep 2015, 23:51

This is strange, I've had many virus notifications but never for this specific virus. Did your download save as .exe or .rar? Because sometimes, when using mirror links, a ad claiming to be your download can save the file as a .exe, or sneak in a virus somewhere.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 05:30

coolcandy3001 wrote:This is strange, I've had many virus notifications but never for this specific virus. Did your download save as .exe or .rar? Because sometimes, when using mirror links, a ad claiming to be your download can save the file as a .exe, or sneak in a virus somewhere.
I clicked on "torrent" in the download section, not any mirrors. It downloaded through utorrent and it downloaded as a .rar. Apparently the RldOrigin.DLL was where the virus was tracked down to

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 16:06

I also downloaded the torrent version and I also found the virus. I'll check if the main download contains it.

EDIT: The virus was found in the main download as well. It was the same virus in RldOrigin.dll.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 17:05

shult12 wrote:I also downloaded the torrent version and I also found the virus. I'll check if the main download contains it.

EDIT: The virus was found in the main download as well. It was the same virus in RldOrigin.dll.
I've never had a problem with the Ultimate Fix before. I hope they fix it soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 18:09

shult12 wrote:I also downloaded the torrent version and I also found the virus. I'll check if the main download contains it.

I looked it up some more, and apparently, the anti-virus just picks up RldOrigin.DLL as a virus anyway and you just have to allow it. It's weird though because when I downloaded the Ultimate Fix, my computer wouldn't let me do anything else such as disable adblocker and whatnot until it was deleted. Will download and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 18:41

xxprawnsxx wrote:

I looked it up some more, and apparently, the anti-virus just picks up RldOrigin.DLL as a virus anyway and you just have to allow it. It's weird though because when I downloaded the Ultimate Fix, my computer wouldn't let me do anything else such as disable adblocker and whatnot until it was deleted. Will download and try again.

Hi there, @xxprawnsxx, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

I'll explain: that file is very commonly detected as a virus, but it's just a false positive. The reason for this, is because what that library is doing is simulating Origin without opening it itself, so the game can run with Origin closed (TS4 runs a check on Origin for it to open). So, to avoid the need of Origin, RldOrigin.dll simulates it as if Origin was running in the background. This behavior is very similar to most virus, so the file gets flagged by a lot of AV.

There is no need to worry though. The download is completely safe. In fact, if you run an scan with a different antivirus, the ones that do flag it detect it as a completely different thing (for each one). Most of them just say it's a 'generic' virus. Again, that's pretty normal, and your computer is not at risk.

@shult12, you shouldn't worry either. There's nothing to 'fix' from us. That's why it's very necessary to add the folders to the antivirus exceptions, as some antivirus will delete that file completely, making the game impossible to run.

Do let us know if you have any additional questions though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 18:44

SeoY wrote:
xxprawnsxx wrote:

I'll explain: that file is very commonly detected as a virus, but it's just a false positive. The reason for this, is because what that library is doing is simulating Origin without opening it itself, so the game can run with Origin closed (TS4 runs a check on Origin for it to open). So, to avoid the need of Origin, RldOrigin.dll simulates it as if Origin was running in the background. This behavior is very similar to most virus, so the file gets flagged by a lot of AV.

There is no need to worry though. The download is completely safe. In fact, if you run an scan with a different antivirus, the ones that do flag it detect it as a completely different thing (for each one). Most of them just say it's a 'generic' virus. Again, that's pretty normal, and your computer is not at risk.

@shult12, you shouldn't worry either. There's nothing to 'fix' from us. That's why it's very necessary to add the folders to the antivirus exceptions, as some antivirus will delete that file completely, making the game impossible to run.

Thank you so much! I was worried that I would have to do yet another factory reset on my PC. Saved me a lot of trouble Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 19:09

xxprawnsxx wrote:Thank you so much! I was worried that I would have to do yet another factory reset on my PC. Saved me a lot of trouble Smile

You're very welcome! Very Happy

So, is your problem solved now? Did you manage to add the folders to the Exceptions list correctly, and start the game? Or is there anything else we can help you with at the moment?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 20:48

SeoY wrote:
xxprawnsxx wrote:Thank you so much! I was worried that I would have to do yet another factory reset on my PC. Saved me a lot of trouble Smile

You're very welcome! Very Happy

So, is your problem solved now? Did you manage to add the folders to the Exceptions list correctly, and start the game? Or is there anything else we can help you with at the moment?
The game is installed correctly and working :3 Thanks once again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 16:22

SeoY wrote:
xxprawnsxx wrote:

Thanks. I know I have to add exceptions and that the file is usually flagged as malware, but I got a little worried when it was detected as something new.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 19:17

According to Windows Defender I also got this Hadsruda!bit virus after installing the Sims 4. I've downloaded the game from this website. I was following the Sim Architect Youtube video tutorial, everything step by step including disable the antivirus in selected folders. As I downloaded Microsoft Office and the Sims 3 from this site before I expected everything to be safe.

Windows Defender detected the virus in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\RldOrigin.dll . This is in a folder firstly excluded by the antivirus but that now doesn't exist (I have the Sims in :\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4; all following the tutorial) ... So I don't even understand how can Windows Defender fins a virus in an excluded and later moved folder.

I haven't noticed any harm in my computer so far and the Sims is working perfectly fine but I'm worried. I don't know what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 20:13

Enric wrote:According to Windows Defender I also got this Hadsruda!bit virus after installing the Sims 4. I've downloaded the game from this website. I was following the Sim Architect Youtube video tutorial, everything step by step including disable the antivirus in selected folders. As I downloaded Microsoft Office and the Sims 3 from this site before I expected everything to be safe.

Windows Defender detected the virus in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\RldOrigin.dll . This is in a folder firstly excluded by the antivirus but that now doesn't exist (I have the Sims in :\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4; all following the tutorial) ... So I don't even understand how can Windows Defender fins a virus in an excluded and later moved folder.

I haven't noticed any harm in my computer so far and the Sims is working perfectly fine but I'm worried. I don't know what to do.

Everything is safe. I already explained a few replies above you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 07:44

Hey When When I Restored The Rldorigin after a couple of days my computer started going funny i when i started it my desktop was all black and i couldnt access any AV or Games please help... Ermahgerd :$: 14.01.2016

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Jan 2016, 20:01

Dragoo wrote:
Hey When When I Restored The Rldorigin after a couple of days my computer started going funny i when i started it my desktop was all black and i couldnt access any AV or Games please help... Ermahgerd :$: 14.01.2016

Hello and welcome to the forum @Dragoo,

It's probably best if you go into the subforum named The Sims 4 Downloads Support (PC) and then click on the button "Open a new topic". It is better, because we can track your progress more easily, and provide better support.

Thanks in advance !  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top