Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

before installing fix do I need to move the sims4 out of origin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

before installing fix do I need to move the sims4 out of origin? Empty before installing fix do I need to move the sims4 out of origin?

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:20

Hey,
I own the legit sims 4 but now I would like to add the ultimate fix. In the installation guide it say's C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
but mine is here C:\Program Files (x86)\origin games\The Sims 4\.
Now I am not sure what to do. I hope you can help me. Since I am not sure how to move or rename the files.

Reuz

Back to top Go down

before installing fix do I need to move the sims4 out of origin? Empty Re: before installing fix do I need to move the sims4 out of origin?

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 18:32

Hi there, @reuzfanonetil4, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

You should indeed move the folder before applying the Ultimate Fix. The process should be exactly the same. You can try at first applying the Ultimate Fix to it's location (in Origin Games) without moving the folder and see how it works. But if you get an "Origin is not running" error, while having Origin completely closed (this is needed), then you may need to move the folder.

To move them is exactly that: just drag the folder and drop it on Program Files (x86), outside of Origin Games.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

before installing fix do I need to move the sims4 out of origin? Empty Re: before installing fix do I need to move the sims4 out of origin?

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 19:45

Thank you for your welcome and quick response. I think I will move it out of origin then and see how that works.
 It's been a while for me but I alway's found the right solution here. Happy to see you are still here!
I'll let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 29 Aug 2015, 08:29

Another option could be for you to copy (instead of moving) the game from your origin folder AND the crack/fix to "Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4" and see if you can run the (cracked) game from there.

That would mean you could have two versions of the game at the same time, the original with gallery etc, but plain, and the pirate one, with everything else Wink

Please, let's know if you like the idea and if it works.

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 16:18

Hello,
I've carefully read the topic of Alyssaisdumb today and tried different stuff. My gamebin has 3 TS4,2 shortcuts and 1 application.
Running any of them tells me there are missing or damaged gamefiles. And that I should try to reiinstal. Witch I did. but no joy so far. B.T.W. I extracted from origin. I saw it is no longer availeble in origin.

Any ideas?

Max

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 16:44

reuzfanonetil4 wrote:Hello,
I've carefully read the topic of Alyssaisdumb today and tried different stuff. My gamebin has 3 TS4,2 shortcuts and 1 application.
Running any of them tells me there are missing or damaged gamefiles. And that I should try to reiinstal. Witch I did. but no joy so far. B.T.W. I extracted from origin. I saw it is no longer availeble in origin.

Any ideas?

Max

Hi again! Very Happy

3 TS4.exe? That's a bit problematic. Are you selecting "Copy and Replace" when you are applying the Ultimate Fix, or are you telling it to keep both files? Those duplicates are surely causing problems. You'll need to remove them, but if you applied the Ultimate Fix and selected to keep all files, then every file in your installation folder should have a duplicate by now...

If that's the case, the best thing to do would be to completely delete the folder and start again. But make sure that this is the case before doing anything, don't delete the folder if there is no need.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Sep 2015, 10:41

Hi there

No, I did copy replace. When you say delete folder you mean The sims 4 in x64 ?
HOw about the folder in documents under ea games? I've had it renamed,replaced and now it's back.
If I delete should I delete that one to?

thx.

Wow..Iám just reading this; So I've opened and repalced them all 5! That could explain the multiple shortcuts. If I just do nr. 5 rar it would be enough .Tying that today if I have a chance.
 You are supposed to download all five parts, and then open only one of them. They are several parts of a single RAR file, so when you have them all, extracting just one of them will give you all of the content, as it's opening the complete 'package'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 04 Sep 2015, 23:36

Hi! Please, follow the tutorial in the video below and use the new links, it's better to avoid confusion. Do NOT follow the instructions in the PDF guide, since it's outdated. Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top