Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing cc on sims4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing cc on sims4? Empty Installing cc on sims4?

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2017, 03:53

Hi!,

Not sure exactly where to post this, but this as good a place as any. If not, then maybe someone can move this thread for me? Please and Thank you!

Okay, so I am having a ton of trouble figuring out how to install custom content. I've looked it up online, but (based on what I've read there) I've realized that there isn't even a Mods folder for me to be putting anything in. I'm thinking that is because this isn't an "official" copy. I would really appreciate someone walking me through this, as I have no clue how to go about it. Or if you could possibly link me to a website that explains how to do it with a torrented copy, that would be great.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!

- shugs87

Back to top Go down

Installing cc on sims4? Empty Re: Installing cc on sims4?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Jan 2017, 10:21

shugs87 wrote:Hi!,

Not sure exactly where to post this, but this as good a place as any. If not, then maybe someone can move this thread for me? Please and Thank you!

Okay, so I am having a ton of trouble figuring out how to install custom content. I've looked it up online, but (based on what I've read there) I've realized that there isn't even a Mods folder for me to be putting anything in. I'm thinking that is because this isn't an "official" copy. I would really appreciate someone walking me through this, as I have no clue how to go about it. Or if you could possibly link me to a website that explains how to do it with a torrented copy, that would be great.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!

- shugs87

Welcome to the Forum @shugs87 and sorry for the late reply,

You have to look under the Documents-folder. Located under C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Eletronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods. A nice introductory guide on installing CC can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top