Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezes whenever I try to fertilize plants [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes whenever I try to fertilize plants [SOLVED] Empty Game freezes whenever I try to fertilize plants [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 08 Oct 2015, 04:08

Usually it's just a temporary freeze, but lately, it's actually stopped working due to it. Is there any way to fix this?

Back to top Go down

Game freezes whenever I try to fertilize plants [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game freezes whenever I try to fertilize plants [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:24

Hi! Probably, your video drivers should be updated and it may fix your problem. Also, try running the game as Administrator instead of just double clicking the shortcut.

Please, keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Game freezes whenever I try to fertilize plants [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game freezes whenever I try to fertilize plants [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 05:52

My drivers are updated, I always run as Administrator, and I still have some black harvestables. But only some. A lot of them are in color, but the items I get from Granite Falls are black.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 21 Oct 2015, 06:35

Hanakazari wrote:Usually it's just a temporary freeze, but lately, it's actually stopped working due to it. Is there any way to fix this?

If you haven't done so yet, see this post of mine:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21128-game-crashes#144907

Try the DEP-exclusion-thingy from the first screenshot for now. Save the changes, and then try the game again. See if you notice any decrease in game crashings in general.

Also, try deleting the localthumbcache.package file, located in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, then try the game again. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Oct 2015, 18:56

That didn't work, as far as I could tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 23 Oct 2015, 20:03

You mean the items you get from granite falls are black and not working? Like items that "come" with granite falls or items that you try to use in granite falls?

If it only happens with stuff related to granite falls, the issue may be a bug or a corrupted file related to Spa Day.

Please, take a look at this topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21473-concerning-granite-falls-and-the-ultimate-fix#

Let us know if you got your game fixed or if you need further assistance!

Tea 5 Tea 5

Happy simming!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Nov 2015, 23:12

It's stopped freezing, I dunno what I did, I don't feel like I did anything different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 04 Nov 2015, 23:17

Great! Sometimes it happens like that. Glad you can play normally now. I will close your topic as solved. If you face any issue in the future, be welcome to open a new topic Smile

Happy simming!

Tea 3 Tea 3
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Dec 2015, 22:02

I was having the same problem. I had all plants and 99+ of them. After I sold most of them the fertilizer list didn't freeze. If it ever does it again, it may be because it has to populate the list of what you can use as fertilizer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top