Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freezes after EP01 [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freezes after EP01 [SOLVED] Empty Game freezes after EP01 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 14:56

I recently started to play TS4 with the toddler update (ultimate fix). I got help and it worked smoothly, no problems at all. Now i wanted to add the EP01. You all might want to know, why i did not download all the EP-s. Well my computer would get super laggy and i it wont handle all of them. Also i don't want to download ALL EP-s just to mark them out (ie. EP01_). So i read many instructions.  I downloaded the EP01 (get to work) only.
I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled in following order: TS4, EP01, Ultimate fix. Also added the latest no-origin crack - DID NOT but the rldorigin.ini as said in instructions. 
Now it will freeze. Sometimes in the first loading screen (even don't get to the point to start playing). I changed it to window mode, still freezing. In the documents marked the existing folder The Sims 4 to "The Sims 4_" to let the game create new folder. 
Now (new folder in documents) i get to the point where there are messages liked "welcome to the outdoor reatreat" etc. I can close that one, but it always freezes (at the best try) in the point i try to close the window: "Welcome to get to work pack" or something like that.
What could be the problem?

Back to top Go down

Game freezes after EP01 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game freezes after EP01 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 15:13

I also tried to lower the graphics of the game in options file. Still no luck, so it seems the problem is not in that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 15:25

Game freezes after EP01 [SOLVED] Ep01_p11

So this is the futhest i can get. I try to close and it freezes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 17:44

Hi there,

As far as I know, you cannot have any DLCs with the ultimate fix. Our version works only two ways:

1. Base game + ultimate fix -> Base game ONLY with the latest game update. (Not stuff update etc)
  2. Base game + ALL other DLCs up till the latest one.

So in your case, you can have the base game + Get to work without any Toddler's update. And if you want it to be updated, your can't have your Get To Work. Freezing during the startup screen usually indicates a 'conflicting' of packs installed. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 20:20

Thanks @Ageha for pointing it out. But my mixed non working version - do you recommend to uninstall end reinstall everything? (i would choose the version base+ep01 and no ultimate fix)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Oct 2017, 20:50

So - the base game + EP01 don't work. Error is about something "update via origin"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 12:35

kismetkass wrote:So - the base game + EP01 don't work. Error is about something "update via origin"
Probably an error like "Unable to start, higher game version, update via Origin"

Go to the folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts
Delete the file GameVersion
Start the game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 13:13

@polarbear thanks to yo, too. This helped - only for once. After that it had errors with initialization etc. The gameverison.txt came up again and it was real pain in the *. So i gave up and took the risk (of making my computer slow) and downloaded all the EP-s.  I worried for no good reason. At the moment, everything is good! Case closed at the moment. I will read/post another topic, when something don't go as planned now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017, 13:25

Hi @kismetkass ,

I'm sorry to hear that installing the base game + get to work did not work out. Though I'm very surprised that installed all the other DLCs work out smoothly for you. Lol. 

I'll close this topic for the moment since the game is running fine.
Feel free to open a new topic should you have any other questions/bugs later on.

Should you read this and found a bug immediately after, do PM me so I can open the topic again, so there's no need to create a new one.
Till then, cheers and have fun~ Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top