Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing Works Anymore!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nothing Works Anymore! Empty Nothing Works Anymore!

Post by Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 21:10

Please, could somebody help me? I'm at my wit's end. See, I downloaded The Sims 4 somewhere online, but oddly enough I cannot find that place anymore. Anyway, I added everything to my anti-virus exception list...but last night, when I tried to run it for the first time in a while...somehow it made everything go to hell. I could no longer open my Sims game whatsoever, and no amount of adding anything to exceptions in the anti-virus would help.

I can't do anything anymore. I've tried to re-install the game, but every time I try, a big box keeps popping up asking me to "open" something...and I have no idea what it wants, so I close the box out, and it forcefully exits the installation. I tried to download your "The Sims 4 Ultimate Mix", but that doesn't nothing at all! What even am I supposed to do with it? I need the GAME again, not just something to try and "fix" it. I had a whole family of nine people...and now it's all gone, and I'm seriously depressed.

No matter what I do, NOTHING works, and I just don't know what to do. I've tried to add in a new rld.dll thing...but that didn't work. I downloaded your The Sims 4 Ultimate Mix, but that didn't work. I added everything under the sun to my anti-virus exceptions list, and that didn't work. I tried to remove everything I had that was Sims-related, as painful as that was, and re-download your Ultimate Mix, but errors keep popping up saying that it doesn't have the proper files or it's unable to start or something or another. I'm just so upset. Everything was working great just a few days ago, and now I can't do a thing anymore.

If anyone would be willing to talk me through things on how I can properly get a new The Sims 4 on my computer, step by step, I would really appreciate it. Please?

Back to top Go down

Nothing Works Anymore! Empty Re: Nothing Works Anymore!

Post by Guest Tue 13 Oct 2015, 18:11

Hey there! I'm not a 'certified helper' on this site but i hope talking to someone helps with the problem you're facing. 

Firstly, you mentioned you downloaded the sims4 from another site? Are you still using that or have you downloaded a new sims 4 from this site. Assuming that you did indeed download a new sims 4 from this site, did you download the GET TO WORK(GTW) expansion as well? Many have reported (from what i read, i tend to lurk around here you see) that people who didn't install the GTW have problems playing even after applying the fix. Secondly, i can't assure you 100% but if you still have the Sims4 files under documents, chances are you might play your household back. Again, i cannot guarantee this part.

Now then, assuming you did download everything anew, the proper installation, from what i've read so far and installed myself is Sims 4 Base -> GTW + fix -> Latest Ultimate Fix. If you happen to install the latest fix first, there will definitely be a problem to your game. As I understand, you cannot play it without installing GTW? I had the newbie mistake of assuming the latest fix contains GTW but that is not the case. 

Anti-virus - Are you sure you have no windows defender or any other (than the one you're currently in use) on? You can try to turn off the windows defender/anti-virus while downloading/installing to ensure that some files won't get erased. If you downloaded everything from here, be assured that the will be no virus from the files. I myself have been downloading the sims 3 and other office files from this website. Also it is a good idea to watch the video on how to install the files and add folders to the exception lists. 

If you have anything else do ask, although i hope an expert will be able to help you soon.  Good job!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 00:56

I did what you said about downloading that Get To Work thing; I didn't realize that you kinda had to have that. I mean, it was working before and I never even had that! Oh well. But, I did what it said and moved everything I downloaded via the torrent into the folder where the game is, but...then when I click on the game, I get this:

Nothing Works Anymore! Untitl10

And, apparently, I DO still have a game I can install...but, every time I try, this ends up happening:

Nothing Works Anymore! Untitl11

So, as you can see, it won't let me play the game I seemingly still have...and I can't install it again because it keeps opening up my folders and trying to force me to open something! So...I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 01:14

Did you watch the video tutorial on how to apply the fix? 

Secondly, it seems that your base game is not from games4theworld site? The ultimate fix only works on the the game downloaded here/or a reloaded version. So that might be one of the problems you are facing.

For the unable to start error - I found a thread which might help you should you managed to install everything properly (the games4theworld base game + gtw + fix) 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 01:55

Where exactly is the game from this site? I looked at that place at the top of the page where it has all the games listed...but, when I download The Sims 4, it turns out to just be the Ultimate Fix! Where IS the actual game on here that you download and install?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 02:07

Here you go~ There's Get To Work torrent listed as well. Hope it helps Smile

https://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 03:24

UGH! It's not working! I keep getting that same message from before, about how I apparently have a newer version of the game and this one won't load or something. I don't get it! And, I'm sure I deleted all my other Sims stuff already...I think. But, I don't know. I didn't want to lose the stuff I had already made in my last Sims game that I feared was gone...but...UGH! It's not working!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 04:04

Oh my God, it's actually working! Well, kinda. I keep getting an Origin error...even AFTER moving the folder like it told me to. Plus, when I load The Sims now...all it does is list off a bunch of features, but won't let me play the game.

Also, I have a question. If I move my mods over into the folder where this new Sims is, to try and get my mods and family there...will that mess things up? Or is that allowed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 04:29

Ugh...where would my old saves and old families be located exactly? It looks like the game isn't recognizing them. Please don't tell me they're gone for good.

ALSO...I'm trying to connect online or something...but it's just going on forever and ever and not connecting. What exactly am I supposed to do there? What is it connecting to exactly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 05:46

YES! It works now! I figured out that I simply COPY my save files over to my new directory with The Sims 4 and all the stuff added on, not just move it. Now I found my family and loaded them up! I also was told about a spa, so I built it onto an empty lot. Wow. A lot of things are different from the one I downloaded. Really interesting. I still can't connect, but I found a thread on here that says that you can't connect anyway? So...since the download has all the updates, I suppose connecting isn't even necessary. Alright then!

Ageha, thank you so very much for your help. Even if you're not an admin or moderator, your help was immensely...helpful. Thanks again for listening to me and helping out this emotional fool. You're wonderful!

Back to top Go down

Nothing Works Anymore! Empty [To Moderator/Admin: Thread may be closed]

Post by Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 13:21

hey @Tailslover13

I'm glad to hear that your game is working now. And I'm really sorry for leaving halfway like that. I just reached home to be honest. Yes the issue of connecting is to for the gallery but even without it, there's plenty of stuffs/mods to download at other sites. Enjoy your game ! Hail King Tea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top