Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS4 won't open anymore

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4 won't open anymore Empty TS4 won't open anymore

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 18:57

Hello, my Sims 4 stopped working all of sudden.

I get two errors: "Origin seems to be running. No communication with Orange is possible."

After pressing OK, I get : "The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application."

I have installed all the packs up to Get Famous + one update (not the Chinese New Year one.)

I have been playing just fine and haven't done anything new. Haven't installed new CC. The last thing I did in-game was move a household to a different house, they adopted a child, I closed the game, and moved some screenshots out of the folder.

I have no idea what triggered all this. I never had this sort of problems with TS4 before.

I already moved my Electronic Arts MyDocs folder. It didn't help.

I don't use Zlorigin and have all my packs downloaded from here. I haven't done any major changes to my computer. The other 15 games I have installed work fine. There is nothing quarantined in my antiviruses so I don't think that was the problem. I have Windows Defender off.

I tried downloading the new update (Chinese New Year) and install it but it did nothing and the error remains the same. I'm downloading the Get Famous update to see if that could fix it, and if not re-download all packs, but I'm worried that may not fix it at all...

Does anyone have a clue of what could be going on here? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

TS4 won't open anymore Empty Re: TS4 won't open anymore

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 19:04

First of all make sure Origin is closed. Open task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and close anything that has Origin in its name.

If you have other anti-virus besides Windows Defender - try disabling it completely and see if the game works.

And last thing to try - disconnect the internet and try running the game.

If none of these work, run the validator (in quick scan mode) and post the result here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2019, 20:19

Okay, it's running now. Thank you very much. There were no missing files with the validator, only some unknown files (it's an older "Game" folder renamed.)

I have no idea what was the problem though. Aside from disabling the antivirus, I had already tried everything before... I tried launching now with the antivirus and the internet on again, and it worked just fine... what a weird game lol.

Thank you again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2019, 18:49

Hi I am having the same trouble but mine was when I updated the game to the latest patch using the one from G4TW. But the base game and dlc's were from Tarac's all in one patch 1.48. I also got the same error and then nothing. I tried the quick fixes that was recommended here but it is still not working. Whenever I try to launch the game it will show me a white screen and then crash. 

Here is the report from validator:
report:

Hoping for some help. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2019, 08:35

@LadyHaruko_06 there's no trace of Tarac's all-in-one in the folder you selected in validator. No DLCs (except for Get Famous), not even base game files. Copy files from Tarac's .iso to a new folder and then move files from folder you selected in validator to that new folder. Then it should work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2019, 15:50

anadius wrote:@LadyHaruko_06 there's no trace of Tarac's all-in-one in the folder you selected in validator. No DLCs (except for Get Famous), not even base game files. Copy files from Tarac's .iso to a new folder and then move files from folder you selected in validator to that new folder. Then it should work.

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Ok so I've checked my laptop and it seems that Tarac's all-in-one .iso file got deleted so that may be the reason why my game is not loading. I'm just gonna download his file again and since it is already updated to the latest patch, I'll just remove my current download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top