Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game save fail/build mode fail.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game save fail/build mode fail. Empty Game save fail/build mode fail.

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 15:29

I recently installed The Sims 4 torrent and the ultimate fix with the new packs and the game won't save. 
I've tried save as, save, save and quit and I just keep getting 'error code 0' when I try to save????
Also on build/buy mode I can only do one thing at a time, for example;
If I went to sell a fridge and buy a new one I have to sell the fridge, exit buy mode, open buy mode then buy and place
the new item, any ideas????
thanks!

Back to top Go down

Game save fail/build mode fail. Empty Re: Game save fail/build mode fail.

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 21:56

This issue is most often caused by a corrupt auto-save (slot_00000001). 
Because of this, I recommend to not rely on it. First thing you do after starting a new game is save it under a new name so it’s saved to another slot.
Save on a regular basis.
Use save as and not save to have multiple saves you can go back to.

Solution
1- Go to documents/eletronic arts/Move the folder the sims 4 to your desktop
2-Start the game to create a new folder
3-Your game should now be back in working order but your existing save games are also gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Oct 2015, 02:30

raptortakeover wrote:I recently installed The Sims 4 torrent and the ultimate fix with the new packs and the game won't save. 
I've tried save as, save, save and quit and I just keep getting 'error code 0' when I try to save????
Also on build/buy mode I can only do one thing at a time, for example;
If I went to sell a fridge and buy a new one I have to sell the fridge, exit buy mode, open buy mode then buy and place
the new item, any ideas????
thanks!

Welcome to the forum,

Navigate to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves. Look at your files there and check the date of modification:

Game save fail/build mode fail. Screen11

In my case, the Slot_00000002.save is from an earlier date than the other saves. See if you have such an earlier save version, and you should be able to load it (if you're lucky and that one isn't damaged too), from the main menu by selecting the save cartridge.

Reverting back to an earlier save (even if you lose some in-game progress) might be a slightly better alternative, than starting over fresh, but of course that's up to you.

Adding to what the previous poster said, I'd suggest you make it a habit to back up your "saves"-folder regularly, and to a safe location (e.g. external drive, USB flash, etc.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top