Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accidentally deleted my saves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accidentally deleted my saves Empty Accidentally deleted my saves

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 18:31

tl;dr at the bottom

It was a dark and stormy night. Thunder was roaring outside my bedroom window and the sterile light off my computer screen fused with the soft yellow glow of the candles on my desktop. I felt peaceful.

As I was having the time of my life controlling the empire that my Sims 4 game had become, I got a notification to update my loyal and guarding security software. I did not hestitate for one second, as to keep the malevolent entities of this dark cyberspace astray was far too important to postpone. Oh, but I shouldn't have. Little did I know that this act would have ghastly consequences.

As I finished updating my anti-virus program it prompted me to restart my computer. And so I did. Upon entering my desktop and feeling the rising temptation to control my sovereignty, I naturally clicked on the Sims 4 icon. That's when the devil attacked.

"Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims™ 4"

The dreaded message filled my body with fire. What was I to do? I started searching. Surely there must be guidance out there that could lead me to my salvation! I searched and searched... alas, there was no light to be found. After spending countless of hours reading and following the suggestions made by the angels of games4theworld I grew desperate. 

"You only have to backup the Electronic Arts registry entry on your PC, then delete it, then restore it again, Sims 4 will then work like a charm!" -AlKabeer

Reading the certainty in the words of this divine messenger, I did not hesitate. I backed up my game files, and started to delete every single Electronic Arts folder I could find. As I attemped to start the Sims 4 game again there was no error message draining my screen of it's light. "Finally!" I thought to myself. Oh, to be so naive. To think that it was that simple. But no. My whole domain was wiped clean. All the people I had enslaved, all the dominions I had constructed - all gone. Replaced with the ugly faces of Nina Caliente and Bob Pancakes. My archnemeses. Killed in my homeland and now ressurected to take out their vengeance. I swiftly closed the game. What have I done to deserve this?

I now reach out to you my fellow guardians! What I ask is not for your condolences, nor your pity. I simply want somebody - anybody - out there to share their current saves with me so that I don't have to bear the burden of starting a fresh slate with the means of Nina Caliente and Bob Pancakes.

This unexpected tragedy has struck me hard - and even though I know it sounds hard to believe, I've come to terms with the fact that satan has left his marks on me. Thank you for taking your time to hear my story.

tl;dr: lost all my sims and houses, anybody out there willing to share theirs?

Back to top Go down

Accidentally deleted my saves Empty Re: Accidentally deleted my saves

Post by Sim Architect Sun 25 Oct 2015, 19:31

Hi! Can't you use an undelete tool trying to restore your old The Sims 4 from your Documents?

Don't you have an old backup (even in the cloud, like OneDrive)? Maybe your system did it for you and you didn't even notice (windows 8 and newer)...

I don't have any save, sorry. Sad

I am sure you can find many if you Google for it, though.

Tea 5 Tea 5

Let's know if we can help you in any other way. I don't think that going around forums asking for people to share their saves is a good idea (it just sounds like it's not going to work, even if they share, you may have a security issue or even their saves may not work on your copy/version of the game, sorry)

Good luck!!!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Oct 2015, 09:27

I've tried with tools that claim to restore deleted files but none have found the ones I'm looking for.. Also I use Windows 10. I have not manually made a backup or saved anything. Is there any chance that it has saved something autmatically? 
Tried google to no avail Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 27 Oct 2015, 17:41

Please, try your OneDrive, a copy of your old folder may be inside of it if you are lucky.

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male